+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 179 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192132 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Re: Clay Aiken

I don't know why on earth RCA didn't go with a cut like These Open Arms (previously released in the US only as a "bonus cut" on one Bon Jovi album) or one of the differently arranged remakes -- e.g., Because You Loved Me (even more distinctive since Clay's voice is hardly going to be confused with Celine's), Everything I Do, Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word, Here You Come Again, or Broken Wings -- as the first single instead of a rather karaoke cover of Without You.

Comparing the recorded version of Clay's Without You with Harry Nilsson's, I don't know that I'd give the edge to Harry. (I do like Clay's voice better, with no disrespect whatsoever to Harry, and I think Clay's much cuter too.) But I have to admit, those two recordings sound an awful lot alike. Horrible choice for a first album-cut single.
    Last edited by Grisabella; 08-04-2007 at 02:09 AM.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

FORT Fan

Clay could be appearing for the David Foster and Friends Gala again this year.

Calgary Herald

Dreaming about being the next Michael Buble, Celine Dion or Josh Groban? This could be your big chance.

Music producer David Foster -- who propelled all of the above mentioned artists to the top of the pops -- will be conducting an Alberta-wide talent search in September in conjunction with his David Foster and Friends Celebrity Gala to be held Sept. 8 at the Jack Singer Concert Hall.

<snip>

Performers confirmed for the Sept. 8 Gala include former Chicago lead singer Peter Cetera, Babyface Edmonds, Mahood and comedian Sinbad.

Other names that may appear, though are not confirmed, include Lionel Richie, Reba McEntire and Clay Aiken.

"David always surprises us and gets somebody big to come," says Cook. "A lot of us don't know who until the last minute . . . but it's always somebody huge and it's always the best evening."

Foster has been organizing his charity galas since 1986, raising millions of dollars for the families of children in need of organ transplants.

Saw Clay this past Saturday at the Greek Theatre. Nearly forgot how good, strong his voice is, he is very, very good. Clay sounds exactly how he does on his cd's, only his voice is much more stronger in person. He entertained us for a little over 2 hours. He talked, communticated with the audience, he even went down into the audience for a few minutes. Very good!!

Clay Aiken is very charasmatic.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;2503528;
    I thought "These Open Arms" was one of the best, better songs on his current cd.
    wasnt it AWESOME at the greek!! that was one that he would have preferred as a single if he had a choice, that one or Lonely No More..he didnt get to choose, the label chooses.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella;2504624;

Comparing the recorded version of Clay's Without You with Harry Nilsson's, I don't know that I'd give the edge to Harry. (I do like Clay's voice better, with no disrespect whatsoever to Harry, and I think Clay's much cuter too.) But I have to admit, those two recordings sound an awful lot alike. Horrible choice for a first album-cut single.
    I have to disagree with it being even remotely Karaoke. The arrangement is similar but Harry sings with a full choir and the choir sings all the notes he can't reach. Clay sings the whole song including the incredibly powerful last third of the song which on Nilsson's version is all choir.

Clay's "Without You" in concert is much better than on the cd, it's sung at a slightly faster pace, the cd version is too slow...............

Clay is going to be on the celebrity edition of Are You Smarter then A Fifth Grader

also he is going to be in a tribute concert for neil sedaka in NY!!
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Re: Clay Aiken Part XIV

Nice write up about Clay's upcoming appearance onthe "celebrity" edition of AYSAFG:

http://www.elitestv.com/pub/2007/Aug/EEN46c30ac272a5a.html

Excerpts (click link to read whole article):

Multi-platinum Recording Artist Clay Aiken Slated for Celebrity Edition of Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?

Multi-platinum recording artist Clay Aiken ... , co-founder of The Bubel/Aiken Foundation (TBAF), is slated to appear on the upcoming celebrity version of Fox's hit game show, Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?

... The BAF ... will receive a minimum $25,000 for Clay's appearance. But Aiken plans ... [t]he Foundation earns money for each question Clay answers correctly. Should he correctly answer all 11 questions, the Foundation will earn one million dollars.

"... Fox has given us a great opportunity to move closer to our goal of 100 Let's ALL Play camps in 2008. Clay's appearance will also gain exposure for our goals of full inclusion. Of course we're hoping to win the million, but Clay's being part of their hit show will be great for the Foundation either way," said Jerry Aiken, executive director, TBAF.

The Bubel/Aiken Foundation's Let's ALL Play initiative brings an inclusive recreational and learning experience to ... [c]hildren of all abilities [who] come together to participate in recreational activities including swimming, baseball, archery, arts and crafts, physical fitness, and community service. Let's ALL Play encourages children's organizations nationwide to move toward full inclusion ... .

Let's ALL Play has become a viable option for YMCAs and other children's organizations nationwide which seek the ideal of becoming fully inclusive. The goal is to implement inclusive recreational programs nationwide to reach thousands of children with 100 camps by 2008.

Hosted by comedian Jeff Foxworthy, Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? airs on Fox's Thursday night lineup. Aiken will be taping his appearance August 28th with the Celebrity Edition airing to be announced later. ...

From a meet and greet, 2 of clays choice songs got approved for the album! I realize were not anywhere close, but that is GOOD news!

Re: Clay Aiken Part XIV

Aiken more than singer he's a showman

Excerpts (Click link for whole article):
    ------------

Aiken more than singer -- he's a showman
    By Leslie Gray Streeter
    Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
    Sunday, August 19, 2007

WEST PALM BEACH — Clay Aiken ... is pretty much considered a good singer by most people who have ears.

You also may be aware that he has a gigantic following of fans ... . But until you have seen Clay Aiken, who has described himself as Opie-like, shake his slack-clad hips and belt out Naughty By Nature's extracurricular cheating classic OPP ... well, you just don't know anything about Clay Aiken.

... [E]ven the uninitiated would have to be blind not to see that Aiken - who has an amazing range and was vocally flawless - is that rare celebrity who is both a singer and a performer, equally, even though, as he pointed out, "I am not cool."

But ... Clay Aiken is:

• ... a funny guy. Whether leading the crowd through a medley of television theme songs ..., the boy's got a comedian's timing and deft touch with a zinger.

• ... really talented. He is not just a whiz at ... sappy original songs ... . Aiken breathed new life into I [Want To] Know What Love Is ... and ... the theme to Perfect Strangers ... .

• ... kinda sorta sexy. I'll let you chew on that.

This is not to say that the show ... did not have its cheesy moments. Our man was sometimes basically doing the backstroke in a fondue ocean breathing through a cheese straw.

But because Aiken revels in that, he [transforms] even the goofy moments into genuine entertainment, like with his cover of Bad English's When I See You Smile. He is so uncool that he sort of is. And that's a talent.

--------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread