+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 180 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485868788899091131 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Re: Clay Aiken Part XIV

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;2478180;
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by AllDone
    Jeanne Holleman did [sue Clay]. Clay and his family did not endorse her book and therefore she is suing Clay for loss of income.
    Whatever happened to the Jeanne Holleman lawsuit? Is this still on going?
    Yes, I understand the suit has not been resolved. However, I find it hard to imagine she'll get very far in court. All Clay's really accused of doing is badmouthing her book by disputing some of the claims Holleman's book makes about his life and her relationship to him and his family.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. §;-D

Re: Clay Aiken

10,000 people showed up at Clays concert in Columbus tonight,

last night was almost full....few empty seats, GO CLAY
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

FORT Fan

This is a concert review I saw at MJ's

The Coolest Concert I Have Ever Been To
    First of all, I have been to many concerts in my day. I have seen Run DMC, Public Enemy, Big Daddy Kane, EPMD, the Beastie Boys, Technotronic, Tone Loc, Ice T, NWA, Biz Markie, Whodini, Tech N9ne and many others. On the rock side, I have seen Duran Duran, Tom Petty, Fleetwood Mac, Queensryche, Dream Theater and probably some others that I have forgotten.

I have pretty much enjoyed, to a greater or lesser degree, every concert that I have been to. The thing is…nothing exciting really happened at any of them. That changed last night.

Last night I took my wife to see Clay Aiken down in Columbus.

[snipped]

He also has one hell of a voice.

After the show, Lynda and I went over to wait by the tour bus. We were simply hoping to catch a glimpse of him before he left. We had no idea what we were in for.

We found out that Clay actually likes to personally meet the fans that take the time to wait for him after his shows. What other major artist does that? The problem is that there were a lot of fans waiting for him. Apparently, a lot more than they are accustomed to dealing with. The security guards spent nearly thirty minutes discussing the logistics of the problem of how to arrange it to allow so many people to meet Clay in person. They finally had the entire crowd of remaining fans (about 2,500 people) line up single-file around the entire facility. We were lined up through the parking lots, sidewalks, lawn…everywhere! I had never seen anything like it before. All done just to make his fans happy. Wow! This alone was one of the coolest things I have ever witnessed. Please tell me one other artist to do such a thing for so many people?

Clay finally arrived, about an hour later, at the front of the line and proceeded to walk down the line of fans and shook every single person’s hand. Lynda not only got to see and hear her favorite performer, but she got to shake his hand too. My wife was so happy you should have seen the look on her face. That was the coolest thing that ever happened at any concert I have been to!
    The venue security estimated the concert attendance to be between 12 and 14 thousand. After the concert a Police car drove Clay to the end of the line that was about a mile away, where he would begin and work his way back to his bus. Meanwhile, a news helicopter hovered overhead and got footage for the 11 o’clock news.

Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella;2483338;
    Yes, I understand the suit has not been resolved. However, I find it hard to imagine she'll get very far in court. All Clay's really accused of doing is badmouthing her book by disputing some of the claims Holleman's book makes about his life and her relationship to him and his family.
    I don't think it's bad mouthing by Clay and his family. He has the right to speak up about what's falsely being written, the book, subject is Clay and the Parker family. Anyone can write what they want but it's up to the public if they want to buy it or not. Think the real problem is that what Clay's says will affect sales, it probably did. She's pissed off about that.
    Last edited by graycat11; 07-23-2007 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by srs_in_Oregon;2485470;
    10,000 people showed up at Clays concert in Columbus tonight,

last night was almost full....few empty seats, GO CLAY
    Darn good. Clay can get 10,000 people to attend his concert , he has nothing to worry about, his career will endure. Still, he has to keep singing, writing good material

I can see why he loves to perform in the mid states (east or west?). At the same time I'm very happy that he finally recognizes that he needs to come out to the west coast. He has many, many fans out here and we love him. I'm one of them.
    Last edited by graycat11; 07-23-2007 at 01:58 PM.

Clay is really smart when it comes to what he knows he can sell, and what he knows he cant sell, therefore he gets himself booked in venues that he knows that he can at least sell 80 percent of(which Ive been looking at other artists, and concert sales are down all around) during his christmas tour last year, he had vertigo and performed anyways, sitting on a stool the whole time, and cracking jokes throughout...

last night, at Sterling Heights(very close to sold out, 90 percent I would guess) he began singing a song, and slowly moved his way over to the side of the stage, there was this party deck..he sat on top of that for the whole song, AND the intro to the next song...why? because the sun was blocking the eyes of some of the audience members over there, and he wanted to block it for them...

Meet and greeters are also learning some very pertinent information from Clay, he sleeps on the left side of the bed, eats hot dogs with mayo, mustard and ketchup, and likes all kinds of peanut butter, as long as the peanuts in the crunchy arent rubbery :p
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

FORT Fan

This reviewer is a big Indie Rock fan and he rarely has anything good to say about anyone else.

Here's an abbreviated version of the review... thanks to the CB's Buckyeye4Clay for providing the scan and typing it out.

A TRANSCENDENT NIGHT OF PURE POP BEAUTY
    Clay Aiken is an utterly convincing singer. Deal With it.

By John Petric

If you haven’t suspected it by now, this ought to confirm it. Yours truly is over the hill.

I liked Clay Aiken.

Maybe it was the sultry evening....

Whatever it was, I loved it.

So yes, Clay Aiken. He’s a piece of work isn’t he? A cross between John Edwards and Paul McCartney, he mines the emotional veins dug by Streisand, Manilow and Celine, yet without the severe schmaltz or extreme hysteria of those three.

And yet, let me tell you …..he can sing like a son of a gun. When he isn’t sounding like God’s most precious choirboy, he approaches Luther Vandrossian levels of soul pop.

So the first half of the first half was just that. Even the songs that weren’t about self-affirmation sounded like they were. And then everything suddenly coalesced a few tunes later for what would turn out to be the master stroke. “These Open Arms.”

“What if everything you ever took for granted was gone?” … “And everything you thought was right was wrong?”

Those very questions might be on Michael Vick’s mind right now. But our boy Clay was singing from the fist-sized organ in his chest. He’s no dummy. In fact, I figure him to be quite shrewd. The placing and pacing of “Arms” woke me up and won me over.

Aiken sang those soul-numbing lyrics with every ounce of focused emotional force he could conjure. Every hurt, every slight, every deep yearning to be loved when he wasn’t came out in that song. And let me tell you, we’re talking utterly convincing. I would’ve dabbed his eyes myself if he’d been teary.

With violins and cellos and violas caressing the melody, Aiken had the force of Oprah’s entire universe behind him. It was pure pop beauty, and I was awestruck by the moment.

Having achieved that level, Aiken returned to it frequently in the second half, but not before he had some fun with golden oldies and whatnot. He had a fine sense of humor, often self-deprecating and a little bit wicked, like when he mentioned the “Chemical Contaminated” grass.

His goofy, well-executed medley (with awesome symphonic accompaniment – mustn’t forget that) included dead-on snippets of Michael Jackson, Madonna, Prince and even “Achy Breaky Heart.”

After “These Open Arms” my favorite song was “Without You” a not-so-minor pop masterpiece. Aiken didn’t quite nail it as perfectly as Harry Nilsson, who was nowhere near the technically accomplished singer Aiken is. But he nailed it nonetheless, in his own patented I-die-for-your-sins-every-night way of performing.

And I found myself trying to figure out how I was going to tell the world I didn’t hate the guy—that, indeed, I was somewhat touched by him.
    Clay's Daily Double | Ads/News | Article

FORT Fan

Clay will be taping an episode of " So You Think You're Smarter Than A Fifth Grader" on August 28th. The air date for this special Celebrity edition is not known yet. His winnings will go to The Bubel-Aiken Foundation

Quote Originally Posted by AllDone;2491912;
    This reviewer is a big Indie Rock fan and he rarely has anything good to say about anyone else.

Here's an abbreviated version of the review... thanks to the CB's Buckyeye4Clay for providing the scan and typing it out.

A TRANSCENDENT NIGHT OF PURE POP BEAUTY
    Clay Aiken is an utterly convincing singer. Deal With it.

Clay's Daily Double | Ads/News | Article
    A cross between John Edwards and Paul McCartney. (Hey, I can see that. Kewl! )

As for Harry Nilsson's "Without You" being more "polished" than Clay's, um, did Petric notice that he's comparing an album cut (complete with retakes, studio tweaking, etc.) with a concert performance (complete with perhaps less-than-perfect sound engineering and acoustics, not to mention the vicissitudes of live performing)? No matter. It's a damned good review, even if Petric did throw in a totally gratuitious dig or two (e.g., the "extra female hormone or two" comment).

What I especially love is that the article title is, if anything, even better than the body of the review. That's highly unusual.

Here's another write-up, about the Greek theater concert this Saturday:

KOST FM Presents
    Clay Aiken

The Greek Theatre is proud to host an evening with multi-platinum recording artist Clay Aiken on Saturday, August 4 at 8:00 PM.

Aiken's latest album, A Thousand Different Ways, released September 2006, offers fans 10 cover versions of love songs spanning the last three decades, as well as four brand-new songs that are destined to become Aiken classics in their own right.
    "This album is very different than my first, Measure Of A Man, in that I had a lot more say in how I wanted things to be," says the singer. Debuting at number 2 on the Billboard chart, it made Aiken the 4th artist ever to have his first 3 albums debut in the Top 5 and scan over 200,000 in the first week. [Bolding added]

Though his fans have come to expect him to knock each song into the heavens with his transcendently powerful voice - which he does here quite masterfully, particularly on Harry Nillson's "Without You," the Bad English hit "When I See You Smile" (written by Diane Warren), and the Foreigner classic "I Want to Know What Love Is," his latest album also shows off a more mature Aiken, one who is able to add beautiful vocal nuances to such unexpected choices as Bryan Adams's "Everything I Do (I Do It For You)," Paul Young's "Every Time You Go Away" (written by Daryl Hall), and Dolly Parton's "Here You Come Again."

Don’t miss An Evening With Clay Aiken on Saturday, August 4 at 8:00 PM.

The Greek Theatre Show Information
    Last edited by Grisabella; 08-03-2007 at 05:52 AM.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. §;-D

I thought "These Open Arms" was one of the best, better songs on his current cd.

+ Reply to Thread