+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 179 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990130 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Premium Member

Re: Clay Aiken

A few posts here have been deleted. Let's remember to keep this about Clay and not let it get personal. Thanks, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2471010;
    To put things into perspective, pick the name of a good NFL football player. I'm not a football fan and don't pay attention to it. So if you said Joe Football got into a tiff with a woman on an airplane, I'd have no idea who he was. But if you said Joe Football from the Chicago Bears got into a tiff, I'd certainly be aware of who the Bears are.
    That is the most intelligent thing I have read in this thread so far. It is exactly what it boils down to.

Re: Clay Aiken Part XIV

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack;2470744;
    ...I don't know why he was so offended that Diane Sawyer asked him [if he's gay]. If I were Clay and going to be interviewed I would anticipate being asked that Then we he is asked that he got all huffy and said "I don't know why its any of your business"

Well, when you don't answer yes or no. The answer usually is a yes. Just like I believe Ricky Martin is gay, because he won't answer it either way.
    Except that Clay did answer the question -- at least twice -- back in 2003. First, he told Rolling Stone that if you're a guy who''s not married you're either gay or a womanizer "and I'm neither." Later that fall, Diane Sawyer asked him about the speculation that he might be gay, and he told her he wasn't but he understood why some people might perceive him that way (e.g., because of the way he talked).

I think his irritation with Diane for bringing it up again in the fall of 2006 was because:
    a) he had been the subject of a tabloid smear campaign starting in Jan of that year, in which it was not only alleged that he was "gay" but the headlines portrayed that explicitly as a "SCANDAL!"

b) his new album was just being released and he resented the media focus being diverted to his personal life

and

c) she was not only really prying, but kind of implying that he was a liar, by re-asking a question she'd already asked and he'd already answered.

You know, that's really a Catch-22 when someone asks you, "Are you X" and their stance is that if you won't answer, that proves you are. So you can say "Yes, I'm X" or "That's a personal question I choose not to answer." Either way, they think you're X. And if you say "No, I'm not," chances are they won't believe you anyway.

I don't think celebrities owe the public any info about their sexual preferences, whom they're sleeping with, etc.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Re: Clay Aiken Part XIV

Broadway, it seems you and I are talking past each other more often than not.
    Post #786
    You and some others seem to be arguing against things I never said. Such as that Clay would be where he is now if he hadn't been on AI or that the press shouldn't ever mention AI when talking or writing about him.

If anyone cares what I actually have said by way of critiquing Clay's media coverage, you can go back and read my posts over the last few pages.
    Last edited by Grisabella; 07-12-2007 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2470774;
    Hey Gris, the AI references are never going to go away. Just as a reference point I'll bring up Carrie. Her appearances this year are beng advertised as American Idol winner Carrie Underwood. No mention of selling 6 million albums, no mention of 4 #1 hits, no mention of being the Female Voaclist of the Year, or of winning a Grammy for the Best New Artist. Simply, American Idol winner Carrie Underwood. It's sad, but none the less, Carrie hasn't stated any thing negative towards this.
    For what seems like the gazillionth time, I've never said I expect the AI references to totally go away or that they should.

But if I saw or heard a news report about Carrie or Kelly C during one of their concert tours that mentioned 2 or 3 times that they were former AI contestants (or even AI winners) but not once alluded to their being Grammy winners, being multiplatinum recording artists, being currently on tour, or even being "recording artists" or "country (or pop) singers," I'd suspect the unseen hand of 19E/AI behind that report. Yes, I'd say the article seemed to be as much about pimping Fox and AI as about informing the public about Carrie or Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2471043;
    Personally, that's the last thing I want to know about someone. It's their private, personal life and quite frankly I don't feel that it's any of my business.
    exactly! same goes for me, I just dont care..

second of all, Clay HAS answered, people just choose not to listen, some people would like him to answer every year I supposed, since he answered so long ago? what would be the point? he finally got tired of answering the question, he has said he isnt, 3 times that I can think of, so why should he keep answering, it becomes less about being curious, and more about projecting what you THINK he is onto who he is, when he has said that he isnt.

its like he said in people, when a vase gets broken, you didnt do it, but your mother asks you if you did..if you say no she isnt going to believe that you didnt break it anyways, the vase got broke, it muse be you..therefore the only answer that she will accept is yes.

for clays sexuality, the only answer that SOME people will accept is yes, so he is done answering..he has answered and if people dont want to believe it then that is fine, he doesnt care if people believe it or not anymore...he said "my friends, my family and my fans know the truth" and thats all that matters to him, because what GOOD does it do him to answer it if nobody is going to believe what he says anyways..

what a horrible thing to be asked for the rest of your life, when you are trying to promote your albums and your tours and people care more about who your sleeping with.

alldone thank you for the promotional pictures!! I LOVE the billboards, Im going to Pala and I wanna get a pic of that one for myself..
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

FORT Fan

Again... would LOVE to see the promotional advertising for his charitable appearances. Clay Aiken has been involved in a number of charitable activities, yes, but he doesn't get these appearances because he's Joe Schmoe off of the street.
    He also isn't Joe Shmoe AI contestant either, otherwise they would all be invited to do these things, yes?

http://www.toysfortots.org/promotion...gh_704x480.wmv

The U.S. Marines Corps Toys for Tots is attempting to address the needs of kids of all ages.

Last year, Reader's Digest, in their November 2003 edition, named "America's Best Charities" in 12 categories. The U.S. Marines Corps Toys for Tots Foundation was named "Best Children's Charity."

To learn more about the organization, whose 2004 national spokesperson is Clay Aiken, go to:
    http://www.toysfortots.org/home/

Thanks to the Boston Herald for inspiring this story.
    Unicef also never mentions AI in conjunction with Clay Aiken. This page contains many reports about his latest field mission and his drive to raise funds in support of Afghani Children.

U.S. Fund for UNICEF - UNICEF USA - Fieldnotes: April 2007 Archives

McDonald’s(R) World Children’s Day(TM) Kick-Off Features All-Star Line-Up: Alejandro Fernández, Hilary Duff, Haylie Duff, Serena Williams, Venus Williams, Clay Aiken, Carl Lewis, and Randy Jackson

November 10, 2004--Stars of the entertainment and sports worlds are giving their hands in support of World Children’s Day at McDonald’s, a worldwide fundraiser that raises money for Ronald McDonald House Charities(R) (RMHC(R)) and other children’s causes. Yesterday’s activities at a Los Angeles McDonald’s restaurant kicked off the month-long initiative to build awareness for the annual fundraiser. This year, McDonald’s goal is to raise $20 million dollars.

Kick Off Event
    To launch the 2004 World Children’s Day fundraising activities, Latin superstar Alejandro Fernández, music artist and actress sisters Hilary Duff and Haylie Duff, tennis champions Venus Williams and Serena Williams, multi-platinum recording artist Clay Aiken,
    Hispanic PR Wire - McDonald’s(R) World Children’s Day(TM) Kick-Off Features All-Star Line-Up: Alejandro Fernández, Hilary Duff, Haylie Duff, Serena Williams, Venus Williams, Clay Aiken, Carl Lewis, and Randy Jackson
    Disney's American Teacher Awards - Honoring Creativity in Teaching
    JEFFREY THOMPSON OF FORT LEWIS, WASH., NAMED
    2004 DISNEYHAND TEACHER OF THE YEAR

WARREN PHILLIPS OF PLYMOUTH, MASS &
    GLENN LID OF MAYWOOD, ILL ALSO TAKE HONORS

Special Guest Clay Aiken Presents Teacher of the Year & the First Youth Service America Award
    DisneyHAND Teacher Awards
    Last edited by hepcat; 07-13-2007 at 01:26 AM.

FORT Fan

According to this poster the taping is on November 6th.

FORT Fan

Philly.com
    Wed, Jul. 18, 2007
    Clay Aiken popped into Davio's (111 S. 17th) for dinner Monday night. The singer, who played the Mann Center last night, went for cheesesteak spring rolls and pasta bolognese and tipped very graciously. The "American Idol" alum also chose Davio's while in town for a concert last fall.

Program has lasting Impact on special campers, counselors
    ASHLEI N. STEVENS, ashlei.stevens@shj.com
    Published July 17, 2007

* Video: A closer look at Camp IMPACT

Amid the squeals of children playing kickball in the hot sun and swimming in the cool indoor pool, Patrick Moran feels welcomed.

The bright-eyed 13-year-old eagerly enjoyed dancing and singing cheers with fellow campers Monday.

"It's fun when you have friends around playing with you," said Moran, who attends E.P. Todd Elementary.

Mingling with other kids is important for children like Patrick, who has special needs. And to make him feel included, a group of local volunteers worked with the Bubel/Aiken Foundation to bring Camp IMPACT to the Middle Tyger YMCA in Duncan.

IMPACT stands for Inspiring, Motivating and Progressing to Achieve Challenges Together. Begun in 2004, Camp IMPACT is a part of the "Let's All Play" program, which creates communities where all children can learn, live and play together.

There are four sites across America that have begun Camp IMPACT - one in Kansas City, one in Indiana and two in North Carolina. These are the model sites, and the goal is to have at least 100 camps by next year. The Middle Tyger camp is a pilot program, and hopefully it will be able to receive grants and donations to hire more staff and offer services to more kids next summer.

Currently, 16 children with special needs are mixed into the Middle Tyger's summer camp, which is serving about 100 kids. The program is free for children with special needs, and there are still a few more open slots.

"That's the beauty of it - that with the right community support, you can almost do this without adding money to your budget," said Aron Hall, director of services for the Bubel/Aiken Foundation.

Rita Smith and her friend, Sandra Graham, heard about the foundation because they are Clay Aiken fans. The two Spartanburg women decided to work with the local YMCA and gather volunteers to make it happen. Camp began last Monday and will end this Friday.

"It's not just kids with disabilities who benefit from being included - everybody involved gets some benefit out of it," said Hall.

And Smith agrees that the program allows children with special needs to feel accepted by other children.

"This is stretching their abilities to do things and to extend their capabilities," said Smith. "For the typical children, it's giving them the opportunity to feel comfortable around children with disabilities. So it helps them, too - helps them become more sensitive."

Camp IMPACT's youngest volunteer is 10-year-old Mikayla Johnson. Her 7-year-old brother is autistic. And although her brother is not a part of Camp IMPACT, Mikayla has devoted last week and this week to helping young people better understand children with special needs.

"They need to spend some time with them and see that they're just like regular people," said Johnson, who aspires to teach special education one day. "I live with a sibling that has special needs, and I know how to take care of him."

And at least one parent says Camp IMPACT is truly making its mark. Betsy and Jeff Randall's 7-year-old daughter Micah attends S.O.A.R. Academy, a newly opened private school that serves children with special needs. So interacting with children outside of her classmates and 4-year-old brother and teenaged sister is beneficial for Micah.

"They don't have a lot of choices to be with other kids, and there aren't a lot of other camps they can go to where they have the supervision they need," Betsy Randall said.

Micah's made a new friend at camp and is looking forward to horseback riding later this week.

"She has been so excited," Randall said. "This is a great opportunity for her."

awwww, yay for camp impact!

and yay for Clay being spotted in philly..he sure likes him some pasta bolognese, he has been in print eating it 3 times that I can remember hehe.

Syracuse tonight!
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

+ Reply to Thread