+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 180 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea
    Is it me, or is he getting better looking too?
    , Andrea, I just posted a very similar comment on another board. I thought he looked very handsome on SNL and Regis & Kelly.
    I just read that NBC is reporting that Saturday night's ratings for SNL were the highest for the show since last March, and were higher than any other prime time show on any network for the night. (Gee, I wonder why? )

Also, Clay was on Dateline very briefly last night on a segment about the Janet Jackson incident and the whole "pushing the envelope" thing going on in entertainment. They mentioned his clean image and basically he said that there is pressure from some at the record companies to stoop to a low level to attract fans (or something like that). Then he said that if he had to drop his pants or cuss to keep his fans, they aren't really fans. I really like that he sticks to his convictions.
    They also interviewed Toure as part of that piece, who I think is the Rolling Stone writer who wrote Ruben's article.
    Last edited by clay crazy; 02-09-2004 at 09:27 PM.

Just doin' my part. I fell asleep during SNL and just woke up for the songs. IF I had thought he would be in some sketches, I would have had coffee before and not watched the show in bed. Oh, well, maybe it will show up in summer reruns.
    "Once more into the breach, dear friends!"

Clay and Kelly will be on air with Ryan Seacrest on Monday, Feb. 16th. (UPN station) for tickets go to http://ryanonair.com/. It will be an outdoor show.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Clay and Kelly will be on air with Ryan Seacrest on Monday, Feb. 16th. (UPN station) for tickets go to http://ryanonair.com/. It will be an outdoor show.

Thanks eldee for the update. I bet they will be promoting their tour.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I finally heard a very small portion of the song "Invisible" by D-side. The little bit I heard was good, but Clay's voice is so much better. I don't know if this is true or not, and I really don't think it matters, but I heard Clay recorded his first, but D-side released theirs first. If anyone can verify this information, please do.

I already am
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea
    I finally heard a very small portion of the song "Invisible" by D-side. The little bit I heard was good, but Clay's voice is so much better. I don't know if this is true or not, and I really don't think it matters, but I heard Clay recorded his first, but D-side released theirs first. If anyone can verify this information, please do.

D-Side released their single on July 14th 2003

FORT Apache, The Bronx
    Quote Originally Posted by Wait
    D-Side released their single on July 14th 2003
    From the D-Side official website:
    http://www.dside.co.uk/content/news/...right.php?id=3
    INVISIBLE ON THE BOX - NO. 231 31.5.2003
    The video for D-Side's new single, INVISIBLE is now on THE BOX Music TV Channel. You can vote to have it played by calling 09067 533 400 and requesting box number 231. Calls to the Box cost 75p per minute UK or 95 cents per minute in Ireland.

31.5.2003 is May 31, 2003.
    On the D-Side online Journal, they speak of singing "Invisible" as their second song on European TV shows and promotional appearances as early as MARCH. The AI2 Wild Card show was on March 4th.

Wait and Hotlantan,

Thanks for the information.

I saw Clay and Kelly on the Ryan Seacrest show. They both sang their songs. It was nice. Lots of fans for both Clay and Kelly. I'm glad that the fans are getting along so well. I went and read some posts on other boards and it seems like the fans are starting to accept each other, Many were there and said they all got along very well, and many of Clay fans are likeing Kelly now. I'm so glad. I was a little worried about taking my granddaughter to the concert, but now I'm not so worried. I like Kelly and everything, and I think it's going to be a great concert, but I wish he would have done what Ruben did and chose smaller venues and go solo. I just went to a Josh Groban concert in Chicago at the Rosemont the sound was great. I think smaller places sound much better, maybe I'm wrong. Clay and Kelly will be performing at the United Center, The place where everything went wrong with the AI concert. The sound was horrible, but maybe it was just that day, I hope. I'm just happy the fans are starting to stop the competition mindset and just enjoy their favorite singer and others too.

the Rosemont vs the United Center

Hi Andrea!

I grew up in the Chicago 'burbs and went to quite a few shows at the Rosemont. Frankly, IMO, it all depended on the show. Sometimes the sound was good , sometimes atrocious . I really don't see it as a small arena though. Ruben is playing at the Vic in Chicago which IS quite small and intimate however. I've been to a few shows there as well, like 10,000 Maniacs and the Go Gos (Go ahead and laugh ya'll ). I think Ruben fans will be in for a treat going to his show there because it's really quite small in comparison to places like the UC and Rosemont, and also smaller than the Aragon Ballroom, another place for concerts in Chicago. In fact, I'd have to say the best concerts I've been to in Chicago, as far as sound was concerned, were at the Vic.

Having been to the infamous UC concert last summer, I concur that it's a pity Clay's returning to "the scene of the crime" but at the same time I'm 110% sure you and your granddaughter will have a spectacular time. If anything, Clay will be working hard to ensure there is not a repeat occurrence of what transpired last year. HAVE A GREAT TIME!!

+ Reply to Thread