+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 180 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182122172 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Re: Clay Aiken

he got hit in the chest on an airplane for something that he wasnt aware of at the time, Im assuming that he wasnt feeling very apologetic, I know that to some this will always be clays fault..but funny, the lady that hit him never apologized..he said what was important..that he wasnt aware that his foot had wandered until the women hit him in the chest.

its ok though, pleading clays case will get me nowhere..

back to the fact that in 25 looooong days Im going to see him in california!! I cant wait..
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

lei
    FORT Fogey

It's hard to imagine him being as rude and inconsiderate as the media made him out to be. I'm inclined to believe his story.

Not that I wouldn't be annoyed and grossed out if a foot landed on my armrest, but I doubt it was intentional, and the woman certainly reacted wrongly.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2466623;
    Regarding the highlighted phrase above. I have to ask, "How in the world does anyone put their foot on the armrest of someone in the same row?" This would require someone with great elastic properties. Or someone that has stretched out over more than one seat. I have to believe that he had his foot on the armrest in front of him. What am I missing?
    Nothing. Just a guy with a HUGE ego. I know some people will stop at nothing to defend Clay, and that's fine, but I wish everyone saw his behavior on Mike and Juliet. It really gives an indication of what kind of person this guy is. Which makes me believe he deserved what he had coming to him on the flight. I remember the fan who wanted to meet Clay on Mike and Juliet, she was probably in her late 50's/early 60's. He was downright mean to her.

I don't think being a claymate is what its made up to be. He basically told the woman she was nuts for having a car dedicated to him. He made just one rude remark after another to her. He didn't even come across like he was joking. The woman on Mike and Juilet handled him well, but I bet her feelings were hurt. He was even rude to Mike and Juilet, but they just roled with it. When they went outside Clay wouldn't even pick up his own jacket. A staffer and Mike and Juliet put it on him. He even made a snide comment about Kelly while on the show. Totally unncessary.

I understand how Kelly Ripa had enough with him and lashed out the next day. She said that it wasn't even like he was being a pain for a few minutes, she said he was like that before the show and all throughout the show. I think Kelly just had it. I mean enough is enough with this kid.

If you met Clay Aiken a couple of years ago, he probably was a super nice person and a pleasure to be around. My assumption is if you met him today, his diehard fans would be disappointed. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think so.

Grow up Clay. Its sad that people are so stuck on this kid that comedians have actually gotten death threats for making fun of him(Kathy Griffin)
    Last edited by snarkattack; 07-09-2007 at 09:20 PM.

Nothing. Just a guy with a HUGE ego. I know some people will stop at nothing to defend Clay, and that's fine, but I wish everyone saw his behavior on Mike and Juliet. It really gives an indication of what kind of person this guy is. Which makes me believe he deserved what he had coming to him on the flight. I remember the fan who wanted to meet Clay on Mike and Juliet, she was probably in her late 50's/early 60's. He was downright mean to her
    well Im a clay fan, so Im obviously going to defend him..however, I know this fan and she understands that Clay was teasing..during commercial she got a hug from him, and a huge thank you for her support...she was thrilled at the chance and took nothing bad from it..would do it again in an instant..

also, his meet and greets this time are awesome, he takes the group, and sits down with them for 30 minutes just carrying on a conversation with him, and then he lets them take a picture any way that they want...one girl said that she wanted a prom pose and Clay was happy to oblige..he has let people ask questions, and has been really open with them...much different then my meet and greet haha, but Im ok with that..he was super nice at mine.

just as fans will always defend..some NON fans will always find something wrong with what Clay does, and will never see him as anything but what they think...

clay is a joker, thats what he does..for some reason the media always portrays him negatively..he gets it, he and we are used to that, they never tell the whole story, and then when they are told the whole story, they still report on the previous report..

Not that I wouldn't be annoyed and grossed out if a foot landed on my armrest, but I doubt it was intentional, and the woman certainly reacted wrongly.
    Oh so would I lei(well I would probably let clay put his foot wherever he wanted, but I digress hehe) but if you saw he was sleeping, you wouldnt then turn around and hit him in the chest because of it..I know that I would get the stewardess, tell them that the foot was bothering me and let them take care of it, I dont care who it was, I would NEVER hit someone over it, especially someone I didnt know.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella
    First, the "beat up by a girl" comment was a somewhat self-effacing, joking comment Clay made, but it does suggest that she did more than just give him a "minor shove." If she did, as some reports say, swat his legs several times, I'd hardly call that quip "misrepresenting." It's just snark.
    Okay, so Clay Aiken's comment was just snark, but the media's similar headlines were "malicious misrepresentation of the facts"??? Um, okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella;2466749;
    Reports from some witnesses on the plane say that the woman actually was in the row in front of Clay, not in his row.
    Okay, so this is the first change in the story. So let's say that that the woman was sitting in front of Clay and poor little Clay's feet are so massive that he just accidentally put his foot on her armrest.

Two things: 1) to get someone angry enough to shove his foot away (because at this point the story is still that she just gave a minor shove.. that's all that the media is reporting or that the FBI has said) he would have had to have done something with his massive foot other than just place it on the armrest. It's highly likely that there was some jabbing going on with Clay's massive, uncontrollable feet, and 2) Clay is the only person now that has said that the woman has punched him in the chest. So if said woman was sitting in front of him and was able to punch him in the chest... she would have to be a) standing up on her seat completely facing backwards and/or b) she would be out of her row, in the aisle, leaning over at Clay. There is absolutely zero room between seats on airplanes to get your arm through and "punch" someone in the chest. In these circumstances, there would be multiple, multiple witnesses, and someone would have come forward by now that supports the "punch in the chest" storyline.

(However, if it actually was a first-class section, usually those have only 2 seats, with a rather wide armrest or dual arm rest between them.)
    Do you bring that up to maintain the possibility that he was in first class, sitting sideways with his massive foot on the wide armrest??? I rode first class on two flights home Thursday...... not possible. And if he just had his legs crossed with that massive foot touching the wide armrest... it was nowhere close enough to bother the person next to him. Those armrests are approximately 8 inches wide.

Lois Lane, I agree that if Clay knowingly put his immense foot on someone else's armrest, that was rude and inappropriate. But I kind of doubt he would do that deliberately, and even the Fox News report said that he was "reportedly asleep" at the time of the offending foot infraction.
    I don't normally call the behavior of a sleeping person "rude."
    How would you know enough about the situation to "doubt that he'd do that deliberately"??? Not being argumentative, but really.... do you really think you know Clay Aiken well enough to say what he would or wouldn't do deliberately or not?

The thing is, the media are all "reporting" this "news" story when we don't really have a good, solid accounting of the incident

Eyewitness reports -- especially second- and third-hand retelling of those reports -- are, as is always the case inconsistent on some details. So I think we should be wary of overinterpreting details we don't even know happened. I'm not so much "vigorously defending Clay" as saying that the "news" reports I have heard have been much ado about nothing, based on the facts they eventually get around to stating.

Let's not skewer Clay for something we don't even know he did. Similarly, I won't automatically say the woman passenger was out of line, when I don't really know what she did.
    But that's exactly what has taken place here. You've already tarred and feathered the news media for being inaccurate when, in reality, you have absolutely no idea how accurate they just might be.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11
    I also doubt very much Clay deliberately put his foot on the woman's arm rest.
    What makes you believe that? I deliberately put my foot on the armrests in front of me when I need it. In fact, I just filled out a complaint in a nwa survey about the fact that the first class seats aren't built for 5'0 women as our legs are left dangling without a foot rest and we're left with no choice but to try to prop our feet somewhere for comfort's sake. But at least I advised the person in front of me and asked him to let me know immediately if it bothered him.

Quote Originally Posted by srsinoregon
    but funny, the lady that hit him never apologized..
    How do you know that the lady that allegedly hit him never apologized? We have the FBI saying that there was a minor shove. We have Clay Aiken allegedly now saying that the woman hit him on the chest. How in the world do we infer from these darned reports that the woman that allegedly "hit" him never apologized?

Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella;2466800;
    I agree.
    And a lot of it stems from the fact that nowadays our "news" media tend to get a single report, from AP or UPI, and then basically parrot the same account in their own paper or station, with just the headline changed and a minor word here and there. So if the original report is wrong, all the others will echo their errors.
    FYI, that's pretty much the entire purpose of the AP and UPI -- newspapers can't have reporters all over the globe, so they become AP members, and use AP wire reports. That's how it works.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Broadway, I never said the media's deceptive headlines were "malicious," just that they were sensationalistic and misleading. Also, while a "gossip column" is expected to be just that, a "news" medium (paper, broadcast) is supposedly informing the public objectively (or at least trying to be fair). Clay's snark was not in a press release, it was part of the playful banter he does with his fans.

Also, in your analysis of what actually happened, you are assuming a lot of things not in evidence and not logically implied by what we do know. Why don't we kind of accept the way ET reported the story or at least agree that a) we don't know all the details, b) the incident was minor and no one was hurt or charged with any infraction, so c) we don't need to figure out who was more at fault.

I don't feel like playing Lieutenant Columbo to untangle the intricacies of this 'crime'.

You've already tarred and feathered the news media for being inaccurate when, in reality, you have absolutely no idea how accurate they just might be.
    Not true. We do know there was no "fist fight"that the FBI report describes the incident as being far more minor than many of the media reports have made it out to be, and that nowhere is it actually reported that Clay in any way assaulted the woman, yet many of the teasers and headlines insinuate that he was a party to "air rage" or a really "ugly incident." It's not just about this story. The news today is rampant with misleading statements (e.g., Fox saying that clay had previously "shoved" Kelly Ripa, when that did not happen) and headlines. There is plenty of evidence of that, and it's been discussed in many other threads and sites.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;2467387;
    FYI, that's pretty much the entire purpose of the AP and UPI -- newspapers can't have reporters all over the globe, so they become AP members, and use AP wire reports. That's how it works.
    It wasn't always that way. The news media ownership is much more consolidated these days in the hands of a few than it used to be, and when there was more of a true "free marketplace" of ideas and info in the media, there were more checks and balances on accuracy.
    Even today, while it's not feasible for dozens of reporters to file first-hand reports on every story, facts can often be checked after the fact. ET's report is an example of that. Not only did they interview Clay, but they seem to have checked what the FBI agent and some witnesses had to say, too. Plus, their verbiage seems to be more conservative. Responsible journalists refrain from speculatively filling in unknown details or substituting emotionally-charged, evaluative words for simple statements of the known facts.

Check out the original AP story, then check out the headlines some in the media have attached to the story, and you'll see what I mean.

Objective: "There was a dispute between 2 passengers on an airplane and the FBI questioned the two and some others and filed a report, without any charges being filed."

Inflammatory and sensationalistic: "There was an 'air rage' incident aboard a plane, involving a fist fight between 2 passengers - an incident so ugly that the FBI had to be called in."
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Quote Originally Posted by srs_in_Oregon;2466888;
    he is actually going to be using a bus, they were planning on having a bus after the first 3 concerts..for some reason it wasnt available before..

I just cant see blaming someone for their actions WHILE they are asleep? havent you ever accidently nudged someone, or your feet or head fallen while you were sleeping? Their are news reports saying that Clay was asleep, and Clay himself said he was asleep in the meet and greet, and in the ET story, so I dont understand how he can be blamed for this, I understand if he had intentionally put his foot on her armrest, but I do not see how he can be blamed for being asleep, we all know good and well that airplane seats are so small, and Clays not a small guy. If I read this about someone else I would never think it was their fault...especially if I knew the person had said that they were sleeping. and he didnt have time to apologize after he woke up, she was hitting him in the chest, and I can imagine he was in a little shock...

For the record, he didnt cuss about this in the meet and greet..the "cuss' in the meet and greet was because clay was relaying a story, and apparently the story wouldnt have worked without the word, (must have been quoting someone??) and he apologized before he even said it, said that he needed to put it in the story..so see how things get mixed up? he never cussed or swore at or about this woman to the fans in the meet and greet..or in the concert or in public.
    I was just asking a question about a tour bus. I wasn't blaming or accusing anyone of anything. And I don't think I ever said anything at all about him cussing. Why are you taking this out on me?

FORT Fan

All I know is this will be in Kathy Griffin's next act and for that I am happy

+ Reply to Thread