+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 180 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121171 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Re: Clay Aiken

Why was he not using the mode of transportation that most other touring artists do? A Bus. Then he can sleep wherever he wants. And no one could punch him for it. I know, that's a bit picky, but it is relevant...I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2466765;
    I have not seen a single news source reporting on this incident which hasn't used the same kind of language and "distortions" as Fox News. If this takes away from Fox's credibility, then it pretty much takes down the entire news media.
    I agree.
    And a lot of it stems from the fact that nowadays our "news" media tend to get a single report, from AP or UPI, and then basically parrot the same account in their own paper or station, with just the headline changed and a minor word here and there. So if the original report is wrong, all the others will echo their errors.

I think this story is a classic example of the old "Three sides to every story, yours, mine, and the truth". Clay-sided sources say the woman hit and yelled at him. Anti-Clay sided sources categorize it as politely waking him up and asking him to move. I'm putting my money on it being somewhere in between.
    Of course.
    (Ever see "Rashomon?") However, if nothing had happened except that the woman politely woke him up, the FBI would not have been called in to make a report, even if he had "cussed" at her.

As for whether Clay could have unknowingly put his foot onto her armrest while asleep, first, people often do toss and turn and move arms and legs -- yes, even hit and kick people -- while asleep, and when you get into fairly deep sleep you may not immediately realize where you are, even as you start to wake up.
    But Clay routinely crosses his legs with one ankle resting on the other knee, and I can easily see how from this position his long leg could stretch out forward or further to the side while he was sleeping.

But at the same time to be fair, I have to accept that perhaps Clay was not entirely considerate of others in his sleep positioning. I do'nt think this is a story where one side is 100% in the right, and the other is 100% in the wrong. I think it's more likely the story of two people who each got a little selfish and inconsiderate of others, and unfortunately collided.
    Maybe. But the truth doesn't always lie exactly halfway between the two "sides."
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2466795;
    Why was he not using the mode of transportation that most other touring artists do? A Bus. Then he can sleep wherever he wants. And no one could punch him for it. I know, that's a bit picky, but it is relevant...I think.
    It's a little hard to get from LA to Tulsa by bus in a day and be ready for a concert that night.

For this tour, Clay's just travelling with his 2 back-up singers and 2 to 4 intrumentalists. He's performing with local orchestras. Not only is the usual tour bus not needed, but some of the dates are close together in time but not distance.

Re: Clay Aiken Part XIV

This just in:
    *Clay Talks to ET About Airline Drama

Excerpts:Clay Talks to ET About Airline Drama
    July 09, 2007 01:30 PM PDT

2006 Grant Halverson / Getty Images
    Clay Aiken speaks exclusively to ET about his recently airline drama.
    The singer talks exclusively to ET about his bumpy ride to Tulsa over the weekend!
    Singer CLAY AIKEN was involved in a minor dispute with a woman on a plane Saturday.

Now that's more like real journalism! :yes

Now, in an exclusive statement to ET, the singer tells his side of the story, saying, "While sleeping on a plane over the weekend, my foot evidently found a home on the arm rest of the passenger seated directly in front of me. I didn't realize I was causing the woman any distress until she woke me up with a quick hit to the chest.

This explains the discrepant "reports." A "minor shove" and a "quick hit to the chest" could be hard for an eye witness to tell apart, and what seems like a "shove" to the hitter may well feel like a "hit" to the "shovee."

"Unfortunately, being that this happened on a plane, the FBI was called in to investigate and eventually we were all sent on our way. I'd like to thank everyone for their concern; I am fine and have taken steps to prevent any foot wandering in the future."

Clay cleverly implies that there are far greater sources of distress in the world. "Now that I have your attention," he continues, "if you'd like to learn more about how you can help the world's children, please visit www.unicefusa.org."

[Aiken] was on a Continental Airlines flight heading to Tulsa when he and a female passenger got into a minor disagreement that led to her shoving the 28-year-old pop star.

FBI Special Agent GARY JOHNSON reportedly told the Tulsa World newspaper that the argument was between a male and female passenger, .. . [and] added that the dispute was over the male passenger's foot resting on the woman's armrest.

The situation, however, did not disrupt the flight, and while both parties were questioned by the FBI, no charges were filed.
    Last edited by Grisabella; 07-09-2007 at 07:05 PM.

Clay has now talked about the story, he fell asleep..his foot accidently touched his armrest and he woke up to her hitting him. I can totally see that happening, and it could have happened to anyone..but this just happens to be Clay Aiken, and for some reason, its always his fault...you cant always control what your doing when your asleep, and he is a tall guy, ...it was an accident and it happens. The woman that hit him, was completely wrong..I dont care who you are, you dont smack anyone, let alone a stranger..I would never HIT someone I didnt know.
    whatever, pretty soon this will be old news and they can move on to the latest antics by Paris Hilton and Britney Spears.

for now, Clay is in concert and he is doing an AMAZING job...I cant wait for mine!
    Last edited by srs_in_Oregon; 07-09-2007 at 07:38 PM.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

he is actually going to be using a bus, they were planning on having a bus after the first 3 concerts..for some reason it wasnt available before..

I just cant see blaming someone for their actions WHILE they are asleep? havent you ever accidently nudged someone, or your feet or head fallen while you were sleeping? Their are news reports saying that Clay was asleep, and Clay himself said he was asleep in the meet and greet, and in the ET story, so I dont understand how he can be blamed for this, I understand if he had intentionally put his foot on her armrest, but I do not see how he can be blamed for being asleep, we all know good and well that airplane seats are so small, and Clays not a small guy. If I read this about someone else I would never think it was their fault...especially if I knew the person had said that they were sleeping. and he didnt have time to apologize after he woke up, she was hitting him in the chest, and I can imagine he was in a little shock...

For the record, he didnt cuss about this in the meet and greet..the "cuss' in the meet and greet was because clay was relaying a story, and apparently the story wouldnt have worked without the word, (must have been quoting someone??) and he apologized before he even said it, said that he needed to put it in the story..so see how things get mixed up? he never cussed or swore at or about this woman to the fans in the meet and greet..or in the concert or in public.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

I also doubt very much Clay deliberately put his foot on the woman's arm rest.
    Crossing your legs, one always tends to stick up in the air. Clay has very long legs and huge feet. He must have been in a deep sleep and didn't even realize what was going on, he woke up only because the woman was hitting him, probably his foot.

The more I read about this incident, the funnier it seems.

I think Clay uses the bus when he's doing multiple concerts in a row, traveling from city to city.

right, he only did 3 shows and now he is off 10 days for a wedding that was planned before the tour..so he will have a bus when he gets back..

wanted to bring over clays exact statement to the ET and Insider..

""While sleeping on a plane over the weekend, my foot evidently found a home on the arm rest of the passenger seated directly in front of me. I didn't realize I was causing the woman any distress until she woke me up with a quick hit to the chest. Unfortunately, being that this happened on a plane, the FBI was called in to investigate and eventually we were all sent on our way.

"I'd like to thank everyone for their concern; I am fine and have taken steps to prevent any foot wandering in the future.

"Now that I have your attention, if you'd like to learn more about how you can help the world's children, please visit U.S. Fund for UNICEF :: U.S. Fund for UNICEF - UNICEF USA.

"Thank you,
    Clay""

FORT Fogey

Poor Clay -- I've never known sarcasm to be an effective mode of apology.

+ Reply to Thread