+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 180 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

FORT Fogey
    Clay was just on SNL, he did great!

I just tuned in SNL, just in time for Clay's "The Way" song. He had a really great performance! He looked wonderful too. I liked the way he was dressed too. I didn't watch the whole show, I was afraid to.
    Last edited by Andrea; 02-08-2004 at 01:03 AM.

FORT Fogey
    Clay also appeared in two sketches, and sang Invisible.

Clay was fantastic last night. I just read some posts on another board from someone who actually was there, and she said that the audience reaction to Clay was VERY positive. I've also read some posts from SNL boards and even some people who weren't big Clay fans admitted that he was pretty good. Some people were commenting about how good his voice was and how impressed they were at how well he sings live.
    Last edited by clay crazy; 02-08-2004 at 02:48 PM.

FORT Apache, The Bronx
    Many of the SNL and other non-AI messageboards are giving Clay high praise for finally outing himself during that Gay Men's Chorus monologue skit. He sure did surprise me!

Here is a link to WMV files of his SNL appearances:

http://www.airplaycentral.com/temporaryvideo.htm

Warning - all of the files are BIG (the monologue alone is 14+ megs) and on a s-l-o-w server.

I certainly did not interpret Clay's participation in that bit as a "coming out". If it was, then the entire men's cast of SNL is gay, because they were all in it. (To quote Jerry Seinfeld), not that there's anything wrong with that.
    Last edited by clay crazy; 02-08-2004 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlantan
    Many of the SNL and other non-AI messageboards are giving Clay high praise for finally outing himself during that Gay Men's Chorus monologue skit. He sure did surprise me!

Here is a link to WMV files of his SNL appearances:

http://www.airplaycentral.com/temporaryvideo.htm

Warning - all of the files are BIG (the monologue alone is 14+ megs) and on a s-l-o-w server.

Oh, please... If that is what those people think coming out looks like they are really out of touch with reality.

I thought Clay looked and sounded great last night. I saw a somewhat different Clay on SNL than I have seen before. I don't know if it was because he recognized that SNL would attract a different audience, and or if we are just seeing him evolve as a performer. If you're reading this thread, you're probably already a Clay fan, but if you just happened to stumble in here and haven't been following him after AI, I'd suggest d/l either of the song clips from airplaycentral. If you wait a day, all the Clay fans will have finished d/l it and the server won't be so slow

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    [QUOTE=clay crazy]Clay was fantastic last night.

He looked and sounded wonderful. He was dancing around with the microphone during Invisible. He just knows how to work the audience and camera.

Just got done watching Clay on Regis and Kelly. He sang "The Way". He sounded awesome and looked adorable. He added a little twist to the song. Didn't sing it exactly the way it is on the CD. He also promoted the tour with Kelly.
    Last edited by combatcutie; 02-09-2004 at 09:45 AM.

Fade to black
    Clay did very well on SNL. I enjoyed it, and I wasn't even that big of a fan of "The Way" but after seeing it on the show, I might change my opinion a little, it seemed like a good choice for his second single.

I downloaded SNL "Invisible" from Airplay Central. WOW!!! I think that beats the performance from Leno. It seems like he gets better and better. Is it me, or is he getting better looking too? He exhibits great confidence without seeming cocky or arrogant. I hope and pray he remains humble through all this. My head would not get through the doorway if it were me, glad he is not like that.

+ Reply to Thread