+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 179 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879119169 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 1785
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

  1. #681
    FORT Fogey srs_in_Oregon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Silverton, Or
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,713

    Re: Clay Aiken

    Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;2461049;
    Where did Clay perform at?
    Frisco Texas, at the big fireworks festival, he did a set of "classic" songs, and they were..top 40 songs you never would imagine Clay singing, including Sexyback!! Baby Got Back, beat it...etc..it was hilarious! Clay was obviously doing it all tongue in cheek, but then he sang the haunting "lover all alone" that he wrote.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

  2. #682
    FORT Fogey graycat11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3,599

    Re: Clay Aiken

    Was this part of his tour or just a July 4th show?

    Thanks.

  3. #683
    FORT Fogey srs_in_Oregon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Silverton, Or
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,713

    Re: Clay Aiken

    it was technically the start of the show, but tonight he was in houstan and it was longer, last night he was cut to an hour and a half, tonight he added an hour...
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

  4. #684
    Rock Stars! bbnbama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Age
    47
    Posts
    10,755

    Re: Clay Aiken

    Quote Originally Posted by srs_in_Oregon;2461466;
    Frisco Texas, at the big fireworks festival, he did a set of "classic" songs, and they were..top 40 songs you never would imagine Clay singing, including Sexyback!! Baby Got Back, beat it...etc..it was hilarious! Clay was obviously doing it all tongue in cheek, but then he sang the haunting "lover all alone" that he wrote.
    I've seen that on YouTube and it was hilarious!!!

    Go to YouTube and type in Clay Aiken Classics Medley (full) and you should be able to find it...its about 10 minutes long but hilarious!!!

    Songs he sung: 1999, She thinks my tractor's sexy, SexyBack, Baby got Back, Beat It, Like a Virgin, Oops I did it again, Down with O.P.P., Yeah, Achy Breaky Heart, Opposites Attract....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

  5. #685
    FORT Fogey srs_in_Oregon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Silverton, Or
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,713

    Re: Clay Aiken

    hehe, the good thing about Clays shows is they really are different cause he is such a comedian, lots of people dont know that about him..the "classics" set was all about that, him just spoofing songs that are big on radio, however he can handle sexyback..that was HOT...
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

  6. #686
    FORT Regular Delphyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    149

    Re: Clay Aiken

    Quote Originally Posted by srs_in_Oregon;2463554;
    it was technically the start of the show, but tonight he was in houstan and it was longer, last night he was cut to an hour and a half, tonight he added an hour...
    I got to see the Houston show. It was great stuff.
    Last edited by Delphyne; 07-07-2007 at 10:26 PM. Reason: I can't spell. ;)

  7. #687
    FORT Fogey BoBoFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,224

    Re: Clay Aiken

    FOXNews.com - Clay Aiken Involved in Spat on Flight to Oklahoma - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

    Clay Aiken Involved in Spat on Flight to Oklahoma
    Sunday, July 08, 2007

    TULSA, Okla. — Clay Aiken was involved in an airplane disturbance with another passenger Saturday while en route to Tulsa International Airport, a newspaper reported.

    The dispute on a Continental Airlines flight took place between Aiken, who was traveling Saturday morning to a performance at the Brady Theater, and a woman, the Tulsa World reported for Sunday's editions.

    Concertgoers who attended the former "American Idol" singer's show said afterward that Aiken joked on-stage about being beaten up by a girl earlier in the day.
    FBI Special Agent Gary Johnson said there was a dispute between a male passenger and a woman on the flight but could not confirm the passenger was Aiken. He said the dispute was over the male passenger's foot resting on the woman's armrest. He said there was an allegation the woman gave the male passenger a "minor shove" during the argument.

    "At that point the flight crew was able to resolve the situation," Johnson said.

    Tulsa Airport Authority spokeswoman Alexis Higgins said the passengers were held until FBI agents arrived to interview them. No injuries were reported and no arrests were made.

    Aiken was runner-up on the TV talent show "American Idol" in 2003.

    Telephone calls and e-mails from The Associated Press to Aiken's publicist and manager in Los Angeles were not returned Saturday.

  8. #688
    On My Way Here Grisabella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    2,334

    Re: Clay Aiken Part XIV

    Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2465244;
    FOXNews.com - Clay Aiken Involved in Spat on Flight to Oklahoma - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

    Clay Aiken Involved in Spat on Flight to Oklahoma
    Sunday, July 08, 2007

    TULSA, Okla. Clay Aiken was involved in an airplane disturbance with another passenger Saturday while en route to Tulsa International Airport, a newspaper reported.

    The dispute on a Continental Airlines flight took place between Aiken, who was traveling Saturday morning to a performance at the Brady Theater, and a woman, the Tulsa World reported for Sunday's editions.

    Concertgoers who attended the former "American Idol" singer's show said afterward that Aiken joked on-stage about being beaten up by a girl earlier in the day.
    FBI Special Agent Gary Johnson said there was a dispute between a male passenger and a woman on the flight but could not confirm the passenger was Aiken. He said the dispute was over the male passenger's foot resting on the woman's armrest. He said there was an allegation the woman gave the male passenger a "minor shove" during the argument.

    "At that point the flight crew was able to resolve the situation," Johnson said.

    Tulsa Airport Authority spokeswoman Alexis Higgins said the passengers were held until FBI agents arrived to interview them. No injuries were reported and no arrests were made.

    Aiken was runner-up on the TV talent show "American Idol" in 2003.

    Telephone calls and e-mails from The Associated Press to Aiken's publicist and manager in Los Angeles were not returned Saturday.
    The "girl" was more like an "old lady," judging from the photos that have been posted (from inside the plane). She looked to be anywhere from mid forties to about 70 (the resolution of the pic wasn't clear enough to really judge, but she was not a "girl").
    In typical fashion, our illustrious "news media" distort and obfuscate. "Spat" makes it sound like both Clay and the woman contributed equally to some sort of fight.
    Witnesses from among the passengers say Clay was asleep on the plane and his foot was resting on his row-mate's arm rest. They say she tried to wake him and when he didn't immediately wake up, she began hitting him in the face. He did not hit her back, but it's reported that at some point he may have used a cuss word or referred to her as a "witch."

    The FBI was called in, not because it was a huge (newsworthy) incident, but because we are currently in the throes of "airport security" procedures and policies that are as unnecessarily intrusive and disruptive as they are ineffectual when it comes to preventing actual terrorist attacks. (Like the mother whose baby's sippy cup was confiscated, instead of just having the water poured out of it, and who was detained and caused to miss her flight, because she hadn't emptied the cup before they went thru security.) The way airports work today, even if the woman had only given Clay a "slight shove," the FBI would have to have questioned her, Clay, and witnesses and filed a report.

    If you see much about this in the "news" -- and you will --, it's really much ado about nothing.
    Last edited by Grisabella; 07-08-2007 at 09:23 PM.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

  9. #689
    On My Way Here Grisabella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    2,334

    Re: Clay Aiken Part XIV

    Correction (since it's too late to edit my last post):
    The blonde/gray-haired woman shown in the picture with Clay and the FBI officer is not the one who attacked him for having his foot on her arm rest. I don't know how old the woman/girl involved in that incident was.

    But talk about distorted reporting! Fox News keeps running "reports" on this occurrence with sensationalistic and misleading words and phrases such as:

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox News 7-8-07
    ... Clay Aiken reportedly getting into it with a passenger high in the sky and now the FBI is involved. This one gets a little weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox News
    " ... Clay Aiken - such a sweet guy -- but he's accused of being involved in quite an ugly incident on an airplane -- involved a little shoving.
    We're going to tell you what one passenger says he did while he was on board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox News
    " ... Clay Aiken and his showdown with a fellow airplane passenger. ..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox News
    Well, a former American Idol's foot touching the wrong woman ... why that turned into a big fight ...
    Well, the former American Idol's not exactly joining the mile high club but he did touch a woman with his foot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox News
    Clay Aiken has gotten into another confrontation, not for shoving Kelly Ripa this time ... ."
    Last time I checked the video of Clay on Regis & Kelly, Clay jokingly put his hand over Kelly's mouth. He did not shove her.
    But, hey, don't let the facts get in the way of a good story, eh?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox News, 7-8-07
    Clay Aiken ... involved in a fist fight on an airplane.
    The Fox News "report" on 7-7-07 finally did get around to kind of telling the actual facts of the reported incident, late in their broadcast and buried in the middle of a bunch of misleading phrases and statements (not the least of which was placing Tulsa in Arizona).

    Now for all those emailers who are angry at me for saying that he started this whole thing and got into a fight, well, Here's the rest of the story - and I was gonna report it. It happened on board a Continental Airlines flight going to Tulsa, Arizona.
    The FBI is saying that Clay Aiken, the first runner-up on the show back in 2003, got into a confrontation with a woman for resting his foot on her arm rest, and, as our emailers correctly pointed out, Aiken was reportedly asleep at the time, so then the woman gave him a shove. ...
    They then make it sound like the FBI taking a report was something unusual . The way airport security is these days it's pretty much S.O.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox News 7-7-07
    Airport security is saying that that is when the flight crew got involved and the FBI had to speak to both of them after the flight. Glad to see our tax dollars going to a good cause/
    And, of course, Fox News gets in many references to their cash cow TV talent show every time they report on this, or any other, story about Clay. No mention of the fact that he was en route to one of his current tour concerts, just references to his having been on Idol 4 years ago.
    Last edited by Grisabella; 07-09-2007 at 03:04 AM.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

  10. #690
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    192

    Re: Clay Aiken

    I really can't stay Clay he has truly become an egomaniac, I think fame has gotten to his head. I personally liked this guy at one point. He seemed nice and humble, but now he seems like a total jerk. I have watched him on Regis and Kelly, where he was a totally obnoxious. I really started to hate this kid after I saw him on Mike and Juliet where one of his biggest fans was on. She was so nice to him and he just kept making one rude comment after another to this really nice woman. He was actually beyond rude. He was downright mean with some of the things he said to her. She was a harcore fan, and he treated her like she was lunatic and a piece of crap. Clay should appreciate that people enjoy him. Instead he just acts weird. His behavior on that show was just awful. Dude, if you have problems with fame, you should not of tried out for american idol, knowing that it could possibly turn you famous and make you a bonafide celebrity.

    I have seen different reports. I don't care if Clay was sleeping or not sleeping and I don't care how tall he is. You don't put your foot on someone elses arm rest. You can't get much more RUDE then that. But after seeing a lot of Clay's antics I have a feeling he was just being a rude prick and felt like he should be able to do whatever he wants. Its not your freakin' house Clay where you can do whatever you want.

    I usually don't always believe what I read on perezhilton, but it seems like Clay was the one out of hand and the FA seem to agree. They said his ego was out of control. This isn't the first time Clay has acted like a DIVA and probably won't be the last.

    Clay is turning into a "has been" You don't hear a lot about him like you use to and he doesn't make the frequent talk show rounds like he once did. Geez, Clay you can't afford first class?? Are things that bad??

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.