+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 179 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677117167 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Re: Clay Aiken

Quote Originally Posted by AllDone;2446036;
    The tour actually starts on July the 4th. Hence, the fireworks.
    lol!! thats what I meant
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Ft Meyers Florida was added to the concerts late, and the fanclub presale is today...
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

From Promoquad

Mainac - promosquad HitPredictor Radio and Records

Mainstream AC

HitPredictor Artist Chart

About The HitPredictor Artist Chart
    The HitPredictor Artist Chart is a gauge of artist popularity, above and beyond song charts. Artist scores are affected by every aspect of an artist's career. Marketing, airplay, retail, print media, touring, TV appearances, and rumor all have an impact on chart performance.

HitPredictor Artist Chart Data is collected with the same strict attention to detail as all other HitPredictor research. A list of several hundred artists is compiled based on airplay and sales. The artists are rated by thousands of carefully screened music fans. Results are compiled weekly and monthly. The chart is based on a 100 point calculation that takes into account each artist's popularity and buzz, among the entire music listening population. For more information, contact info@ promosquad.com

LM TM Artist
    5 1 Phil Collins
    7 2 Shania Twain
    1 3 Carrie Underwood
    6 4 Elton John
    3 5 Journey
    2 6 Josh Groban
    12 7 Sarah McLachlan
    4 8 Rascal Flatts
    9 9 Fleetwood Mac
    21 10 Clay Aiken
    14 11 Eric Clapton
    8 12 Celine Dion
    10 13 James Taylor
    33 14 Luther Vandross
    11 15 Kelly Clarkson
    20 16 Michael Buble
    31 17 Enya
    26 18 Santana
    19 19 Stevie Wonder
    -- 19 Martina McBride
    25 20 U2
    13 21 Billy Joel
    17 22 Faith Hill
    48 23 Aerosmith
    18 24 John Mayer

16 25 Rob Thomas
    -- 26 Gwen Stefani
    30 27 Daughtry
    35 28 Bryan Adams
    15 29 Keith Urban
    36 30 Bon Jovi
    -- 31 Reba McEntire
    37 32 Norah Jones
    27 33 Lionel Richie
    -- 34 Jennifer Hudson
    -- 35 Dave Matthews Band
    50 36 Matchbox Twenty
    38 37 Maroon 5
    22 38 Sheryl Crow
    23 39 LeAnn Rimes
    34 40 Alicia Keys
    24 41 Rod Stewart
    41 42 Katharine McPhee
    42 43 Cher
    28 44 Corinne Bailey Rae
    -- 45 No Doubt
    23 46 Kimberly Locke
    29 47 Tim McGraw
    -- 48 Beyonce
    -- 49 R E M
    32 50 John Mellencamp
    Last edited by Grisabella; 06-25-2007 at 03:10 AM.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

lei
    FORT Fogey

Journey is #5???

This might gage a moment, but I don't buy it as a predictor. Fleetwood Mac? James Taylor? Lionel Richie? With all due respect, these artists are probably having last gasp resurgences.

Note that that chart is for "Mainstream Adult Contemporary." If you listen to mainstream AC stations, you might be surprised how much of their air time is given to "recurrents" (oldies that have long since passed their eligibility for the Billboard Hot 100, etc.) Some "classics" by James Taylor, Journey, Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Wonder, Billy Joel, etc., get played often on mainstream AC. Also, this chart reflects touring and other factors that may weigh differently from just airplay and current entertainment media spotlight. Older big name artists such as Santana, Billy Joel, and James Taylor still do well playing live concerts, even if they don't always book huge arenas. And Clay's a great example of someone who does quite well on the concert circuit even when he can't seem to get much radio support.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella;2450931;
    Note that that chart is for "Mainstream Adult Contemporary."
    Aah, I stand corrected again. We don't have a station like that on this island (and for the most part I'm glad about that, though I do like some of the artists.)

I still think it's funny that some of those names are so big now, but I'm happy for a lot of them too.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Sorry for the double post.

This got me really wondering how much of a bubble I'm living in. We do have an "oldies" station that plays some but not most of these artists. So I checked the Billboard and other AC charts and saw that they really are different from this list. I realize that this list is based on more than chart performance, but it's supposed to predict chart performance, but it doesn't. Am I missing something?

I realize this is veering off-topic but once again I'm fascinated with musical trends, and here's where it came up. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2451221;
    Sorry for the double post.

This got me really wondering how much of a bubble I'm living in. We do have an "oldies" station that plays some but not most of these artists. So I checked the Billboard and other AC charts and saw that they really are different from this list. I realize that this list is based on more than chart performance, but it's supposed to predict chart performance, but it doesn't. Am I missing something?

I realize this is veering off-topic but once again I'm fascinated with musical trends, and here's where it came up. Thank you.
    If your station specializes in Don Ho, you are indeed living in a Tiny Bubble.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2451244;
    If your station specializes in Don Ho, you are indeed living in a Tiny Bubble.
    Good one, rb! And may he rest in peace.

We do have Hawaiian stations here, but others too. They are mostly, admittedly (by me), isolated.

This list just strikes me like the Idol Report Card -- not very scientific, and obviously flawed.
    Last edited by lei; 06-25-2007 at 04:05 PM.

lei
    FORT Fogey

I should probably hop off this thread before I make enemies

But first, as I like living on a rock but not under one, I want to report my bit of informal research on Promosquad/HitPredictor.

First, from what I can tell, their claims of validity come almost entirely from within, even after five years in (single-selling) business.

The other thing I noticed, and more interesting to Idol discussion, is that right after the heaps of self-aggrandizement come references from fan bases, especially Taylor's and Clay's. Seems there's a lot of promotion of HitPredictor on fan sites, as well as backlash towards fans' "spamming" of the site.

I think both of them are great guys and wonderful talents and I want them to do well. But if survey participants are motivated to join to boost their faves, it would skew things. But then I don't see how the results are really helping the artists, whose fans are gonna support them as long as they enjoy them, anyway.

Interesting phenomenon, though. My apologies if I'm making too much of it. My time in the music industry taught me nothing if not distrust. I'll go back to my real life now.
    Last edited by lei; 06-25-2007 at 06:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread