+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 180 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114164 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Re: Clay Aiken

How would Ryan know whether Clay was envious or not or how Clay truly feels about the kind of fundraiser extravaganza Idol put on?
    I, for one, think Clay really hit the nail on the head with his comments about IGB. It's naïve to think that a hundred million or two dollars spread out over a slew of different charities will solve many problems, without the public being educated about what's really needed and why. While I think it's great that the money was raised (Rupert Murdoch couldn't have at least matched the $ donated by the viewers?), it really was a drop in the bucket compared to what Idol and Newscorp are worth, and it probably did more to help the Idol franchise than to solve problems in Africa, the storm-devastated Gulf, Appalachia, etc.

Ryan's comment does make me think that the speculation that Clay wasn't invited to be part of IGB is probably right, but it doesn't really shed any light on how Clay felt about that.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella;2394532;
    Good news! Clay's latest visit to Jimmy Kimmel Live will be re-aired during this upcoming sweeps week. I'll post the exact date if someone doesn't find it before I do.
    according to my dvr, it's supposed to be late thurday night/friday am.

All this time I thought Simon was the surly one. Now Ryan is joining in on the smarminess. If Clay had been invited, I'm sure he would have, at least, sent a taped plea for help. Taylor did, right? Taylor was on tour, but even if he was, that mean ol' Simon probably would have dissed him just because.....
    Last edited by fluff; 05-19-2007 at 11:52 AM.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

FORT Fan

It doesn't matter if Clay was invited or not, he was busy that night accepting a humanitarian award anyway. Even if Clay was invited I doubt it would change his opinion about the IGB show.

Quote Originally Posted by AllDone;2403172;
    It was the same day that Yahoo published the article on Clay's Unicef trip. Ryan said it on his radio show.
    did you hear it yourself? or hear it from someone who heard it?
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

According to Clay's official fansite, if you watch the finale of Dancing With the Stars (May 22 at 9P ET/PT) you may catch a glimpse of Clay. Not sure what his involvement will be (I'm sure it won't be dancing ) but rumor has it, it's not just a split-second shot of him in the audience. I'm taping it just in case. (Besides, I'm rooting for Apollo Ohno and also Leila Ali.)

Update re Clay on DWTS tonight. It seems he's supposed to appear with Jimmy Kimmel in one of those little skits Jimmy has been doing on results nights. It ought to be pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella;2411560;
    According to Clay's official fansite, if you watch the finale of Dancing With the Stars (May 22 at 9P ET/PT) you may catch a glimpse of Clay. Not sure what his involvement will be (I'm sure it won't be dancing ) but rumor has it, it's not just a split-second shot of him in the audience. I'm taping it just in case. (Besides, I'm rooting for Apollo Ohno and also Leila Ali.)
    Wow! Thanks for the info! I will definitely be watching tonight!
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

The skit was pretty ding-danged funny. Clay did a sort of 'infomercial' endorsement for "Guillermo's moustache," demonstrating the "product." Guillermo (in a ball gown) and Jimmy were, as usual, demonstrating dance moves.

You can find the clip at You Tube, in case you missed DWTS tonight.

Oh lordy - I've just spent an hour wasting time on You Tube looking at these hilarious skits. I saw the horse one, the V-Day '07 one and the DWTS one.

I loved Clay deadpanning how the 'stache changed his life.

"one of the most intimidating figures in pop music" "head of the claymates, one of the most dangerous and powerful music cartels in the whole world"

In the V-day one when he's messing with his teeth and singing with the candy hearts, I about lost it.

Seriously - I'm still laughing over parts in those clips.

Anyone who has any doubts as to Clay's continuing popularity need only listen to the audiences on his tv appearances.

Thanks for the YT suggestion Grisabella - I always forget to look there.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

+ Reply to Thread