+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 180 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111161 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Clay Aiken in Afghanistan for UNICEF (2007)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032633/

Clay was interviewed briefly on the Today Show this morning, in conjunction with his work in Afghanistan for UNICEF.

A video of the interview was on MSNBC at noon ET and you can stream it here:

www.wnyc.org/shows/lopate/

http://www.wnyc.org/shows/lopate/episodes/2007/04/26

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032633/

or
    http://allday.msnbc.msn.com/archive/...26/169105.aspx
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Clay Aiken UNICEF Afghanistan interview on WNYC

Clay Aiken is scheduled to be on The Leonard Lopate Show on WNYC tomorrow discussing his work with UNICEF in Afghanistan, (noon, ET).
    You can stream the show on the website at www.wnyc.org/shows/lopate/. The station has also put up a slideshow at www.wnyc.org/slideshows/

Clay Aiken in Afghanistan for UNICEF

It's on at noon EDT and you can stream it here:www.wnyc.org/shows/lopate/

http://www.wnyc.org/shows/lopate/episodes/2007/04/26

Re: Clay Aiken

Here is a more direct link to the MSNBC video of Clay talking with Al Roker and others on the Today show this morning:

MSNBC Video

FORT Fan

Apparently Clay was busy accepting a humanitarian award at a gala in New York on the same night as the Idol Gives Back thingy.

NCLD.com

National Center for Learning Disabilities

Voices of Our Children, Voices of Our Future

NCLD celebrated its 30th anniversary at its annual benefit dinner, "Voices of our Children, Voices of our Future," at New York City's Marriott Marquis. Clay Aiken, pop music star and special education activist, received the Children's Advocacy Award. Learn more about our award winners and how you can support the benefit.
    American Idol Gives Back, Takes Award
    On the same night that top-rated television show American Idol concluded a history-making two-part special, raising (at last count) more than $60 million for charitable causes, one-time American Idol finalist and successful recording star Clay Aiken received the Children's Advocacy Award from the National Center for Learning Disabilities, held at the Marriott Marquis. Aiken was honored for his tireless work on behalf of children's causes.
    Clay Aiken
    Children's Advocacy Award

Multi-platinum recording artist Clay Aiken's musical success has enabled him to fulfill his lifelong wish to support educational and children's causes. While the accolades that followed his stunningly close second-place finish on the second season of American Idol have validated him in ways that he never could have dreamed of when he was a teacher working with autistic children back in his home state of North Carolina, it is the charitable work that his musical career has enabled him to do that means more to him than anything else these days.

The singer created the Bubel/Aiken Foundation in 2003, an organization that promotes and funds educational and recreational programs for children with special needs. He also serves as a United States Fund for UNICEF National Ambassador, helping ensure that children everywhere can receive a primary education. In 2006 Mr. Aiken was appointed to the Presidential Committee for People with Intellectual Disabilities.

Mr. Aiken holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in special education from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.

FORT Fan

More about the awards night

From a nationwide pool, the National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD) has selected Currey Ingram Academy as a featured school for its 30th Anniversary Benefit Dinner, “Voices of our Children, Voices of our Future,” to be held on April 25, 2007, in New York City. Each year, this event recognizes individuals whom have given a strong voice to children with unique learning styles.

Later that evening, the middle school chorus and rock band will combine to perform “Shine” and “I Will Carry You,” both originally sung by Clay Aiken.

Aiken, who was a special education teacher before his slingshot to fame on American Idol, will be present to hear the performances and receive the Children’s Advocacy Award in recognition of the organization he created, the Bubel/Aiken Foundation for children with special needs. Introducing the rock band and presenting Aiken’s award will be John R. Ingram, who serves on the NCLD Board of Directors.
    It must have been a blast hearing his songs performed by the kids. The award meant a lot to him too, I'm sure.

Wow. I'm glad he's getting recognition for the work he's doing. Back in his season, he and Ruben both claimed they would use their fame to give back. I've heard references to Ruben doing charitable work. Does anyone know what?
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fan

The only things I know of is that he supports his local Boys & Girls Club and he has something to do with encouraging music in his local schools. Possibly acquiring and supplying musical instruments?

Clay was spotted dining with Tyra Banks in NY, and was also his mother did a local southern womens dance competition, and Clay was obviously there to support his mama, she danced to "perfect Day" (his song) and Clay was introduced at the begining alond with his brother....
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AllDone;2355916;
    The only things I know of is that he supports his local Boys & Girls Club and he has something to do with encouraging music in his local schools. Possibly acquiring and supplying musical instruments?
    Yes, he definitely supports his local boys club.

Clay Aiken Part XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah;2358951;
    Yes, he definitely supports his local boys club.
    Yeah, Ruben certainly does. Good on him.

As for Clay, he will be a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live on Thursday, May 10, 2007.

(If you're not in the Central Time zone and you're setting your VCR or TiVo, the show actually begins at 12:05 AM on Friday, May 11.)

+ Reply to Thread