+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Clay will be a guest on Good Morning America on Thursday Feb. 1. This will be in connection to his work as an ambassador for worldwide education for UNICEF.

Yahoo! is running a big informational promo on UNICEF for the next couple of weeks. Clay's videos and slide shows are featured today.

Here's the main page that describes Clay's UNICEF worK:
    http://www.unicefusa.org/site/c.duLR...for_UNICEF.htm

And here's his narrated slide show about what UNICEF is doing in Uganda: http://vft.unicefusa.org/clayaiken/clayaiken.html

Ken Barnes, in his Idol Chatter column at usatoday.com, 1-31-07, reports that Clay's album "A Thousand Different Ways," sold anothe 1,800 more units this week, bringing the CD's official Soundscan total to 498,000.

The latest radio single from the CD, "A Thousand Days," is slowly gaining spins on radio and has entered the Adult Contemporary charts at Billboard and Mediabase.

And a reminder, Diane Sawyer will interview Clay this morning, Feb. 1, 2007, on Good Morning America. Clay will talk about his work as UNICEF ambassador in Uganda and Indonesia, among other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2153546;
    I still feel that Kellys' beef was that someone wanted to ask a question and she didn't want to relinquish "her" floor to him. She obviously has no problem with the hand over the mouth thing as long as it's her hand and she's getting all the attention.

And please, there is no way on earth that Kelly is Regis' equal. Regis has been an entertainer for fifty years or more. She should hope that someday she may mature and grow into a decent talk show host. Hasn't happened yet. It isn't the Kelly Show. Regis makes that show as has been proven through the change over in the female host two or three times.
    I think the fact that he finally WON an emmy when he did not have a co-host speaks volumes. I do really like Kelly though. She is hilarious! However, I like it better when Regis is there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2160083;
    I am a FORMER Clay addict. I thought he was 'da bomb for a very long time. I think it was about a year ago, however, that I started reading about incidents of some very prickish behavior.

One day, I read a story so bad that I couldn't help but investigate. I actually tracked down one of the participants and she emailed saying that everything I'd read was true. Then, my sister-in-law told me about what really goes on while Clay is on the road (she's a show producer and knows someone who has worked on Clay's shows before).

I have since lost my lust for Clay, and have, in fact, crossed over to the anti-Clay side of the fence. The dude is full of himself.

He was on Larry King a while ago, and he said he'd love to be a talk show host. He dropped hints throughout the entire interview. It was kind of pathetic, really.

Clay did what he did to Kelly to get air time doing the talk show host thing.

The problem was, he was a guest in Kelly's "house". Yes, Kelly was monopolizing the discussion, but it was her house, and she should call the shots - not Clay. It was very rude. It was also very selfish as it detracted from Cheryl and Emitt. Clay suffers from "look-at-me-itis!" He was wrong, Kelly was right.

I remember Simon saying Clay will be around for about 5 years, and then fizzle away. I think he was right. Its been about 5 years and Clay is fizzling.
    I always really liked Clay until recently. I did not like the way he behaved on LIVE! at all. He was so catty and rude. If he was angry about Kelly dressing up as him he should not have accepted the invitation and told them exactly why he did not. I really think he is unhappy. I think he is crying out for help. When I saw the recent webcam pics and postings he did via instant message, I felt really bad for him. I really hope he figures things out and once again becomes the humble guy we loved on AI.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2153243;
    What I thought then (and what I think now) is that for some reason instead of focusing on Emmit and Cheryl, Clay was worried about his role on the show. Being a guest co-host, I'm not sure why he felt he had to inject anything into the conversation. I truly wasn't worried about what he was going to (or, even be let to) say. I wanted to hear from Emmit and Cheryl.

Yes, but Clay had a question for the guests and Kelly wouldn't let him ask it. How does anyone know if his question was worthy of asking???
    I didn't feel that Kelly was purposely trying to shut Clay out. I think she was very interested in hearing from Emmit and Cheryl and asking questions she thought the audience wanted to hear them answer.

I also don't believe Clay had any malcontent when he did it. He was either feeling insecure (and felt he had to prove something) or too secure (that he felt as co-host he had the right to speak up).

He did have a right to speak up. All the other guest co-hosts speak through out the show, so why not him??

posted by Broadway
    There is a huge difference, HUGE, between Kelly doing it to Regis, her equal and Clay doing it to her on HER show. Clay was a guest host on her show, not an equal, and he needed to act with professionalism and respect, and that's what Kelly objected to. Both in the opening dialogue and in the subsequent interview, Clay failed to act with the professionalism and respect that he should have had for her.

I don't see Kelly as Regis' equal. Regis is the veteran on the show. He started that show. She simply filled the shoes of Kathy Lee. I'll say it again.....Clay shouldn't have done that, but in the beginning it started out joking around. SHE"S the one that got all up in his face with the picture of the cat knowing that he didn't like them. To me, that was unprofessional on her part. He asked Gellman if it was okay if he talked and he said yes. Unfortunately for Clay, kelly didn't feel the same way.
    I don't think Kelly and Regis are equals experience wise but they are CO-HOSTS. Each of them are hosts of the show. When Regis is not there Kelly is in charge and it is her show. Do I think the show could survive without Regis? NO.

Don't believe everything you read about Clay and the webcams on the internet. People can doctor anything they want to.

Kelly R., I don't like that much. I think she's full of herself. Thought Clay did a great job on Regis and Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;2225755;
    Don't believe everything you read about Clay and the webcams on the internet. People can doctor anything they want to.
    So true.
    Plus, there are definitely a few people out there who have a strong anti-Clay agenda. I'm not sure exactly why, but I do have a clear grasp of who.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;2225755;
    I think [Kelly Ripa is] full of herself. Thought Clay did a great job on Regis and Kelly.
    Me too.

Hey, if former Clay fans change their minds, that's their right. But I think it's crazy to judge celebs by what the tabloids and gossip sites say.

Anyway, I was and still am a big fan of Clay the singer and performer. Nothing's happened to change that for me.

In fact, his recent UNICEF promos have just made my admiration for him stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy in SD;2228562;
    So true.
    Plus, there are definitely a few people out there who have a strong anti-Clay agenda. I'm not sure exactly why, but I do have a clear grasp of who.

Me too.

Hey, if former Clay fans change their minds, that's their right. But I think it's crazy to judge celebs by what the tabloids and gossip sites say.

Anyway, I was and still am a big fan of Clay the singer and performer. Nothing's happened to change that for me.

In fact, his recent UNICEF promos have just made my admiration for him stronger.
    All the negativity just comes with the job. Most of it's just sour grapes. Clay is still the guy with the great voice and that's what I go by.

+ Reply to Thread