+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 180 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2153304;
    But again, the hand over the mouth incident was not the only thing that made her mad.. that was just the last straw, apparently. The only reason that part is getting so much attention is because of Rosie.

I, too, hope it goes away quickly. Neither one of them merit the type of attention it's getting.
    soo...your saying that Kelly should be able to be as sarcastic to Clay as she wants but Clay isnt supposed to say anything because he isnt her equal? well that doesnt make any sense at all to me....Clay was teasing her...he looked at Gelman and he said "is it not ok for me to make fun of her" and Gelman said it was..so what was he supposed to think? He doesnt host his own show, its quite possibly that he didnt know how it was done and needed some seasoning...he was teasing kelly and she obviously doesnt have a sense of humor, non clay fans who watched the show that it was a riot...its a shame that Kelly didnt feel the same way, because I thought that both of their jabs back and forth were hilarious and made for good tv. Its unfortunate that Kelly had to get sensative and make a big stink about it.

What I am seeing is arguments changing though...first I noticed it was all about the hand thing, so we posted a picture of kelly covering regis mouth, then it was ok cause hes her equal..so we mention that Simon Cowell did the same thing, and then it turns into being more about the whole thing then the hand thing...
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Quote Originally Posted by srs_in_Oregon;2153377;
    non clay fans who watched the show that it was a riot...
    You missed a key part of your sentence here. Are you trying to say that non Clay fans thought it was a riot? If so, that's not exclusively true. I am neither a Clay fan, nor a Kelly fan, and did not find it to be a riot. I thought many of his comments crossed the line.

What I am seeing is arguments changing though...first I noticed it was all about the hand thing, so we posted a picture of kelly covering regis mouth, then it was ok cause hes her equal..so we mention that Simon Cowell did the same thing, and then it turns into being more about the whole thing then the hand thing...
    You're not seeing the same person's argument changing at all. I wasn't in here for the beginning of the discussion where you all focused on the hand issue. You'll see from the first post that someone made 20 minutes into the show (post#440) that the original poster's first concern was the way that Clay was talking to Kelly. And from my first post I've said that Kelly's issue wasn't the hand covering incident. Anyone that watched Monday's show should know that Kelly's issue wasn't the hand covering issue but the overall lack of respect that she felt she was given. It only became an issue of the hand covering incident once Rosie made an issue of that one specific incident on her Tuesday show.

[mod edit] I've only tried to bring the discussion back to where it rightly belonged.
    Last edited by Mariner; 11-24-2006 at 02:17 AM.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I still feel that Kellys' beef was that someone wanted to ask a question and she didn't want to relinquish "her" floor to him. She obviously has no problem with the hand over the mouth thing as long as it's her hand and she's getting all the attention.

And please, there is no way on earth that Kelly is Regis' equal. Regis has been an entertainer for fifty years or more. She should hope that someday she may mature and grow into a decent talk show host. Hasn't happened yet. It isn't the Kelly Show. Regis makes that show as has been proven through the change over in the female host two or three times.

Broadway, I didnt make a broad statement..I didnt say that ALL non clay fans thought it was a riot..I said non clay fans thought it was a riot, I guess I could have put some or there were those non clay fans who thought it was...but I didnt say ALL either, therefore my statement of "non clay fans thinking it was a riot" is still true, cause there are those that did..Ive talked to them..and other people I know have talked to them..therefore it isnt exclusively Clay fans that thought he was funny, interesting that that happens..non clay fans being able to enjoy him.

[mod edit]
    Last edited by Mariner; 11-24-2006 at 02:18 AM.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

FORT Fogey
    I am a FORMER Clay addict. I thought he was 'da bomb for a very long time. I think it was about a year ago, however, that I started reading about incidents of some very prickish behavior.

One day, I read a story so bad that I couldn't help but investigate. I actually tracked down one of the participants and she emailed saying that everything I'd read was true. Then, my sister-in-law told me about what really goes on while Clay is on the road (she's a show producer and knows someone who has worked on Clay's shows before).

I have since lost my lust for Clay, and have, in fact, crossed over to the anti-Clay side of the fence. The dude is full of himself.

He was on Larry King a while ago, and he said he'd love to be a talk show host. He dropped hints throughout the entire interview. It was kind of pathetic, really.

Clay did what he did to Kelly to get air time doing the talk show host thing.

The problem was, he was a guest in Kelly's "house". Yes, Kelly was monopolizing the discussion, but it was her house, and she should call the shots - not Clay. It was very rude. It was also very selfish as it detracted from Cheryl and Emitt. Clay suffers from "look-at-me-itis!" He was wrong, Kelly was right.

I remember Simon saying Clay will be around for about 5 years, and then fizzle away. I think he was right. Its been about 5 years and Clay is fizzling.
    Last edited by Jexter; 11-29-2006 at 12:11 AM.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2153546;
    I still feel that Kellys' beef was that someone wanted to ask a question and she didn't want to relinquish "her" floor to him. She obviously has no problem with the hand over the mouth thing as long as it's her hand and she's getting all the attention.

And please, there is no way on earth that Kelly is Regis' equal. Regis has been an entertainer for fifty years or more. She should hope that someday she may mature and grow into a decent talk show host. Hasn't happened yet. It isn't the Kelly Show. Regis makes that show as has been proven through the change over in the female host two or three times.
    I absolutely agree with you that Kelly's beef was over Clay's expectation that she relinquish the floor to him when he wanted to. I think her beef was the arrogance and rudeness of that, and not the idea of a hand touching her face on its own. (she used the hand issue to make this an incident that would give her and the show more attention during sweeps)

As for Kelly being Regis' equal -- I don't think experience is really at play exclusively when it comes to their show. Regis has top billing. He has a bigger role in running the contests, introducing the show and guests, etc. So in those respects, he's above Kelly. But both of their names are in the title. Producers put Kelly's name there for a reason, and it's because she's next to / slightly below Regis as faras the show goes. Does she deserve to be there? There's certainly a debate to be had. But it is her show with Regis. So when it comes to an issue of her and a guest host, she's still got her name in the title, and the guest host (in this case, Clay) does not. Therefore, he was still wrong to to try to step on her toes like he did -- just like she'd be wrong to whine that she wasn't getting enough time to sing if she guested in a Clay Aiken Christmas special.

Um, Jexter, it's been almost 4 years since the beginning of AI2, 3 1/2 since the AI2 finale.

And Clay's not exactly "fizzling."

He had three different albums that charted on Billboard last week.
    His current album, "A Thousand Different Ways," just bounced back up to #119, with sales of over 15,000, in its 12th week and was certified gold a month ago. It has sold over 441,000 copies so far.

His Wal-Mart exclusive EP, "All Is Well," has pretty much sold out and did so almost immediately (thanks to RCA, for some inexplicable reason not producing, apparently, more than about 50,000 copies and -- even more inexplicable -- not having it for sale as a download at www.walmart.com. That EP charted on both the BB Top Internet Albums Chart (because Wal-Mart allowed it to be pre-ordered online till a week or two before they put it in their stores) and The BB Top Comprehensive Albums Chart. (It was not eligible for most of the other charts because of being a Wal-Mart exclusive.)

Clay's "Merry Christmas With Love" sold 22,000 copies this past week -- enough to have put it in the top 100 on the Billboard 200 Albums Chart, had it not already gone to Catalog because it was released 2 years ago. It has been in the top 25 to 32 on the Top Holiday Albums chart ever since that chart reopened for 2006, ususally around #25 to #28.

Here are the chart entries for the BB week ending 12-16-06:

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/charts/currentalbum.jsp
    Week Ending 12-19-06 (12-16-06 for BB 200 Albums Chart)

TW Rk LW Rk 2Wks Rk Wks On Album, Artist Label, Cat. # List $ Peak

Billboard Top 200:
    135* 155 147 11* A Thousand Different Ways, Clay Aiken** RCA 78846 | RMG | 18.98* 2

Top Comprehensive Album:
    54* NEW* 1* All Is Well: Songs For Christmas (EP) (Wal*Mart Exclusive), Clay Aiken* RCA 02699 | RMG | 6.98* 54

95* 139 144 18* Merry Christmas With Love, Clay Aiken** RCA 62622 | RMG | 18.98* 4

Top Internet Album:
    15* NEW* 1* All Is Well: Songs For Christmas (EP) (Wal*Mart Exclusive), Clay Aiken* RCA 02699 | RMG | 6.98

Top Holiday Albums:
    28* 30 26 22* Merry Christmas With Love, Clay Aiken** RCA 62622 | RMG | 18.98* 1

Top Pop Catalog:
    29* 23 30 19* Merry Christmas With Love, Clay Aiken** RCA 62622 | RMG | 18.98* 8

"Merry Christmas With Love" has sold something around 100,000 copies this year with basically no promotion and no noticeable effort to make sure most stores even have it in stock.
    Last edited by Grisabella; 12-14-2006 at 05:41 PM.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

"A Clay Aiken Christmas" will be aired on Bravo tonight, tomorrow (early AM) and Sunday. Some listings say it's 9P ET tonight, 1P Dec. 15, and 10:30 AM Dec. 17, but others give other times. Check your local cable listings for times.

Clay will appear on Regis & Kelly tomorrow, Dec. 15 (syndicated), performing "Mary, Did You Know." I believe this was taped on Nov. 17, a day when he was not in great voice (DK if it was a bug, or what, but he sounded hoarse).

You can see him on Megan Mullally's show singing a duet with her on "Silver Bells" on Dec. 22.

You can also see him with Tyra Banks on her show on Dec. 18. This may be a repeat, but maybe not. He taped over 2 hours with her, and less than half of that was shown in November, so they may be planning to use some of the other footage for the Dec. 18 show. Even if they aren't, it's well worth catching this one. Their interaction was very warm, friendly, and fun -- with Clay interviewing Tyra part of the time , and his song sounded great too.

And, of course, Clay's guest appearance on Days Of Our Lives is scheduled for Dec. 26. (Great time to promote his Christmas songs and CD, eh?)
    He will appear as himself and perform a private "concert" for two of the show's characters, singing "Everything I Have" (from ATDW) and "O Holy Night" (from MCWL).

Clay on Jimmy Kimmel Live, Valentine's Day 2007

Clay is scheduled to be Jimmy Kimmel's guest on Valentine's Day this year (again). DK whether he will sing or not.

"A Thousand Different Ways" has now sold over 492,000 copies (SoundScan).

The single "A Thousand Days" has been released to radio and is gaining spins. It was #40 on the MediaBase Adult Contemporary chart this past week.

KKCW in Portland OR is playing Clay about every 7 hours or so, and he is steady on their playlist...its usually around 6-7, 1-2 and 11-12 and they stream.

+ Reply to Thread