+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 180 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

He probably wasn't thrilled when she did and will call her out if she does it again, which I doubt she'll do.

I guess it just depends the people....I am the type that wouldn't say anything if a hot guy did it but wouldn't like it if someone I found completely unattractive did it. I know it may seem shallow, but atleast I can be honest about it. Not sure why exactly Kelly didn't like it, though in the middle of an interview isn't exactly good timing either. I admit I feel bad for Clay, I'm sure he wanted to leave right then and there.

I think the Kelly and Clay saga is unfortunate. They were both wrong and Rosie is the person who over reacted more than anyone else. It'll be forgotten in no time, I hope. There are worse things happening in the world.

I hate to defend Kelly Ripa here because I find her incredibly annoying but... I watched the clip. I am no expert on the machinations of her mind so I can't say exactly what she was thinking. But from her facial expressions and her tone of voice I didn't get a "get your hands off me homo" vibe. It was more of a "I can't believe you just humiliated me on MY show when you are the guest host" vibe. Maybe she thinks he's beneath her and that's equally as deplorable. I tell people all the time that I don't know where their hands have been but it's not because I think they're all gay. Sometimes it's because I know EXACTLY where there hands have been and they need to go wash them.

I'm not sure why Rosie decided it was her place to defend Clay. He's a grown man and can fight his own battles. Clay and Kelly just didn't mesh well and it was a bad situation. I hope it gets left at that.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2151812;
    I can't understand why she would be annoyed. She does the EXACT same thing to Regis all the time. To me, she is being a hypocrite and immature. She has to be the center of attention at all times and with Clay being there, maybe she felt like she was being thrown to the side or ignored by the audience. All I have to say is......Do one to others as you would want done to you!!! And yes, that goes for both Clay and Kelly.
    There is a huge difference, HUGE, between Kelly doing it to Regis, her equal and Clay doing it to her on HER show. Clay was a guest host on her show, not an equal, and he needed to act with professionalism and respect, and that's what Kelly objected to. Both in the opening dialogue and in the subsequent interview, Clay failed to act with the professionalism and respect that he should have had for her.

I personally do not like how much she blabs, either, but I can still recognize when someone acts inappropriately. If I ever deigned to say to my boss "Let me know when I can get a word in edgewise" in a public forum, you can bet that I'd get my butt in some serious trouble for a lack of professionalism. He was way over the line.

And the only reason she brought it up on Monday was because Regis asked her about it. So she answered him, but not even with a great deal of detail. She could have said a lot more, and she did not.

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat
    It was more of a "I can't believe you just humiliated me on MY show when you are the guest host" vibe. Maybe she thinks he's beneath her and that's equally as deplorable. I tell people all the time that I don't know where their hands have been but it's not because I think they're all gay. Sometimes it's because I know EXACTLY where there hands have been and they need to go wash them.
    Exactly. And Kelly had mentioned that at that point Clay had already been all around the studio shaking hands, hugging people, etc. At the time of the Kelly/Regis pictures, those both occurred during their opening monologue when neither of them have been anywhere but from the dressing room to the stage.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

yes, but clay isnt a seasoned talk show host, dont you think she could have mentored him a bit, or cut him a little bit of slack? I dont think Clay was hired to sit there and look pretty, he was hired to cohost..if your not going to let him cohost then why ask him to come? Kelly brought up the halloween thing, not clay...kelly shoved the cat picture in Clays face...she set the tone IMO he was following her lead.

Kelly said at one point "I cant sing, people who dont even know me at least know that" and Clay came back with "yeah, you can just tell" he was feeding off of her....He may have gotten a few mixed signals, and may have taken it a bit to far, but you could tell that he felt bad immediately afterwards by looking at him....it wasnt like he did it and then patted himself on the back...he realized he made a mistake but it was live and he couldnt take it back. regardless of popular opinion, as a Clay fan I do not hold clay on a pedestal, I believe he makes bad decisions, but I dont think he should be reprimanded again on Monday, when she already did that on the show. By the way, Emmitt was on a show and was asked about it, and he said that clay tried to get a question in and Kelly just kept talking....so even to him kelly was overpowering...

for the record, I in no way think that Kelly is regis' equal, he is a veteran on the show and when I saw the video of her putting her hand on his mouth I didnt think he looked to thrilled about it...but he is mature and didnt dredge it up in front of the tv audience...kelly could learn a few things from him.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2150599;
    I don't know whether Clay has co-hosted this show before, but if he hasn't perhaps they should have coached him or given him a bit more guidance as to what his role was expected to be.
    Ok, coming from one who is neutral on both Clay Aiken and Kelly Ripa, I saw the actual interview as it took place on the show.

What I thought then (and what I think now) is that for some reason instead of focusing on Emmit and Cheryl, Clay was worried about his role on the show. Being a guest co-host, I'm not sure why he felt he had to inject anything into the conversation. I truly wasn't worried about what he was going to (or, even be let to) say. I wanted to hear from Emmit and Cheryl.

I was a little shocked (I believe Cheryl was too) when Clay reached over to Kelly. She gave Emmit a look like "can you believe he did that?"

I didn't feel that Kelly was purposely trying to shut Clay out. I think she was very interested in hearing from Emmit and Cheryl and asking questions she thought the audience wanted to hear them answer.

I also don't believe Clay had any malcontent when he did it. He was either feeling insecure (and felt he had to prove something) or too secure (that he felt as co-host he had the right to speak up).

This is JMHO, I am not Clay bashing AT ALL. I know next to nothing about the guy. I did not watch his season of AI.

I was tuned into the show merely to hear from Emmit and Cheryl. That, unfortunately, is what got lost in all the controversy. True, Kelly was taking over the interview but at least she remained focused on them until Clay did that.

Bottom line, it is entirely unfortunate that the guests are the ones that became secondary to the incident. That is what was more rude than anything.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EvaLaruefan;2152538;
    Yes and she knows Regis really well and it wasn't during an interview with a guest, makes a difference. I think so anyways.
    It doesn't make a difference at all. She's being a hypocrite. He shouldn't have done that, BUT neither should she. She's forgetting that this show is not ALWAYS about her. Like I've said before, she has to be the center of attention. How many times did they have Miss America on and she immediately went into "Can we pretend I'm the winner and crown me?" or if a model is on, she acts like she's a model. She is just an annoying attention craving idiot. Half the time she doesn't know what she's talking about. And before anyone jumps on me.....I do agree that Clay should NOT have put his hand over her mouth as it is rude. But she needs to learn to shut up so others can get a word in too
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

What I thought then (and what I think now) is that for some reason instead of focusing on Emmit and Cheryl, Clay was worried about his role on the show. Being a guest co-host, I'm not sure why he felt he had to inject anything into the conversation. I truly wasn't worried about what he was going to (or, even be let to) say. I wanted to hear from Emmit and Cheryl.

Yes, but Clay had a question for the guests and Kelly wouldn't let him ask it. How does anyone know if his question was worthy of asking???
    I didn't feel that Kelly was purposely trying to shut Clay out. I think she was very interested in hearing from Emmit and Cheryl and asking questions she thought the audience wanted to hear them answer.

I also don't believe Clay had any malcontent when he did it. He was either feeling insecure (and felt he had to prove something) or too secure (that he felt as co-host he had the right to speak up).

He did have a right to speak up. All the other guest co-hosts speak through out the show, so why not him??

posted by Broadway
    There is a huge difference, HUGE, between Kelly doing it to Regis, her equal and Clay doing it to her on HER show. Clay was a guest host on her show, not an equal, and he needed to act with professionalism and respect, and that's what Kelly objected to. Both in the opening dialogue and in the subsequent interview, Clay failed to act with the professionalism and respect that he should have had for her.

I don't see Kelly as Regis' equal. Regis is the veteran on the show. He started that show. She simply filled the shoes of Kathy Lee. I'll say it again.....Clay shouldn't have done that, but in the beginning it started out joking around. SHE"S the one that got all up in his face with the picture of the cat knowing that he didn't like them. To me, that was unprofessional on her part. He asked Gellman if it was okay if he talked and he said yes. Unfortunately for Clay, kelly didn't feel the same way.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2153243;
    I don't see Kelly as Regis' equal. Regis is the veteran on the show. He started that show. She simply filled the shoes of Kathy Lee. I'll say it again.....Clay shouldn't have done that, but in the beginning it started out joking around. SHE"S the one that got all up in his face with the picture of the cat knowing that he didn't like them. To me, that was unprofessional on her part. He asked Gellman if it was okay if he talked and he said yes. Unfortunately for Clay, kelly didn't feel the same way.
    Kelly's name is right up there on the title of the show with Regis. They are equals. Yes, he is the more senior member, and yes, it is technically his show. And if Regis had done that to Kelly (and I agree that he should on occasion) there would have been absolutely no discussion about it because of their positions.

But therein lies the difference. Clay is not an equal; Clay was a guest host. He should have known his position right from the start, with no need for mentoring from Kelly. That should have come much, much earlier from his agent or from Gelman before the show, not from Kelly. The hand over her face was only one of the incidents that set Kelly off, as she described on Monday's show (again, she was going to gloss over it, but Regis kept asking her about it.) His comments and overall tone towards her were the real issue. The hand over the face is only being singled out because Rosie chose to single it out.

I feel sorry for Clay. I never thought that any of it was malicious; it was just nerves, bad judgment, and a sense of humor that is a little stunted.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2153275;

But therein lies the difference. Clay is not an equal; Clay was a guest host. He should have known his position right from the start, with no need for mentoring from Kelly. That should have come much, much earlier from his agent or from Gelman before the show, not from Kelly. The hand over her face was only one of the incidents that set Kelly off, as she described on Monday's show (again, she was going to gloss over it, but Regis kept asking her about it.) His comments and overall tone towards her were the real issue. The hand over the face is only being singled out because Rosie chose to single it out.

I feel sorry for Clay. I never thought that any of it was malicious; it was just nerves, bad judgment, and a sense of humor that is a little stunted.

I agree with you Broadway that Clay should have never done that. But Simon Colwell did it to Kelly when he was on the show guest co-hosting and she never once said a word about it. And we all know, Simon isn't the nicest guy in the world, so I'm sure he was overly friendly towards her. I'm sure things would have just dropped if Rosie didn't open her trap. Again, I want to emphasize that I am not sticking up for Clay. I honestly think he shouldn't have done that (even though most of us would like to do it to her ourselves) Like you said, bad judgment, nerves, sense of humor, and a little taunting from the sidelines contributed to this. I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it. Hopefully it will die down soon.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2153282;
    But Simon Colwell did it to Kelly when he was on the show guest co-hosting and she never once said a word about it.
    But again, the hand over the mouth incident was not the only thing that made her mad.. that was just the last straw, apparently. The only reason that part is getting so much attention is because of Rosie.

I, too, hope it goes away quickly. Neither one of them merit the type of attention it's getting.

+ Reply to Thread