+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 180 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696146 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2149075;
    I didn't see the show nor have I heard about this, but wow! All I can say is "Good For Clay" for covering her mouth if he did so! Somebody needs to. I find her extremely annoying and can't stomach the show due to her incessant babblin'! She talks over the guests all the time and they can never get a word in edgewise.
    So again, If Clay covered her pie hole, Way to go Clay!!
    Isn't that the truth? I used to really like her but she gets on my nerves. You can tell that she thinks she's very, very special. Her non stop mouth is hard to take. Guess Clay couldn't.

I'm glad Clay let her know she wasn't let him say anything in a joking way. Someone needed to shut that woman up and put her in her place.

Kelly comes off as so full of herself to me. So much so, that I've often wondered how she's matained her popularaity. I missed the show but I can see Clay doing this -
    I'm glad Clay let her know she wasn't let him say anything in a joking way

Amen Mudah, graycat & MiaT2! It looks rather unanimous that the Babblin' Bimbo is annoying!
    I saw the recap of Clay covering Kelly's Pie Hole last night on Inside Edition. She wasn't very thrilled, but it sure made my day! They reported that Clay had no comment to her remarks concerning this.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2149095;
    LOL, that was my first reaction too. But then I thought about all the people that don't like Clay....this will just give them another reason to not like him.
    Just as people who do like him will probably think it's fine, or even funny

I did see the incident and have never made any secret of the fact I can't stand Clay.
    About a minute into the interview Clay commented that he hadn't had a chance to ask a question. Another minute or so went by and Kelly still hadn't stopped asking questions and Clay said (paraphrasing) "let me know when I can get a word in."
    Kelly said ok but looked a little annoyed at him, imo.
    He then clamped his hand over her mouth. She looked very annoyed and he could obviously tell because he said "Oh dear, is that a no-no?"
    She said it was and laughed as she said "I don't know where that hand has been."
    I would have been very annoyed if someone had clamped their hand over my mouth like that, but I would also have let the guy get a word in in the first place.

They spoke about this on The View this morning and Rosie said that she thought Kelly's comment was homophobic and that she would not have said that to a straight man. I know Clay has never said he's gay but obviously Rosie has an opinion on that subject.
    They then got Kelly on the phone and she was angry that Rosie thought she was being homophobic and said she meant that she has three children, it's cold and flu season and he'd been shaking hands with people in the audience, so she was worried about germs.
    Guest host Sherri Shepherd said she thought there was no way that Clay would have done what he did to a man and definitely no way he'd have done it to Regis.

Re the possible homophobic nature of Kelly's comment, when she said it, I didn't think she meant it that way, but it definitely did occur to me that her comment could or might be taken that way.

Kelly said Clay was not well-mannered, didn't say 'thank you' etc., but that she bears him no ill will and doesn't consider this a celebrity fued, which is how the show was billing it.

I personally thought it was rude of Clay and I agree that he would likely not have done that to a male co-host.
    I think he should have tried to find a verbal way of trying to take the floor from her so he could ask the guest a question. He did try that earlier, but he could have literally said "Kelly, I have a question I'd really like to ask" and I think she'd have had to let him ask it.
    I also think he shouldn't have had to try so hard to get a word in in the first place.
    She was completely monopolizing the interview.
    Last edited by fluff; 11-21-2006 at 12:39 PM.

I personally detest Clay Aiken (whenever his songs show up on our Muzak at work, it's an unwritten law that it must be immediately refreshed or all hell will break loose), so yes, this incident reinforces my dislike. However, Rosie's comment was out of line. I think Kelly would have said that to any man, regardless of sexuality.

What shocks me about this more than the actual incident is the idea that producers would think Clay is a compelling enough personality to merit a guest host slot. Is someone out there trying to groom him for something bigger than an American Idol also-ran pop star?
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Fogey
    I heard about all of this on the news this morning, and have seen the video now of both Clay's initial action, and Kelly's response the next day.

While Kelly certainly was monopolizing the interview, I do think that Clay was very much out of line in the way he behaved. The guest hosts on R&K really serve as someone to participate in the host chat segment. Regardless of who the guest host is, he or she almost never gets much of a chance to participate in the interview. That make sense to me. The dynamic for doing an interview, let alone sharing one, can be tricky enough that the host, either Regis or Kelly, should take the lead. In his position, Clay is not used to being second fiddle. I think he was put off by it, and responded badly.

Given that Regis didn't see the show and didn't comment on it, and most of the live audience apparently hadn't seen it and wasn't responding to it, I think that it was unnecessary and lacking class for Kelly to have commented on the whole thing on Monday's show. I'd have a lot of respect for her if she'd just moved on, making sure that behind the scenes, people knew it wasn't a good idea to bring Clay back as a fill in host.

Given that it continued in discussion on the View, complete with Kelly calling in, I'm smelling a smell I"ve smelled before. I believe the scent is known as "ratings stunt".

oh I disagree! I have seen the guest hosts have plenty of input. Kelly doesn't usually allow it, but I have seen it before. Clay did try to get into the conversation but she didn't seem prepared to relinquish a moment of the spotlight. He shouldn't have touched her, and he shouldn't have just sat there like he was her lackey or whatever. He should have excused himself and hit the door. She doesn't need a cohost anyway. She barely lets Regis speak, lt alone anyone else. Ever seen the show when her husband is on?

I doubt that they'll need to worry about Clay wanting to guest host again. I'm sure he can find a better gig than that anyway.

I'm not biased toward Clay or Kelly, but I saw the show, and my take on it was the good-natured ribbing that he started doing at the beginning of the hour, eventually tipped over the edge of enough already for me, and it was obvious he didn't know when to let it go, and this was before the hand-over-mouth incident. I've seen it before -- the bantering going haywire-- (not on this show, nor by him), but it happens. I'm thinking perhaps it's his immaturity and/or perhaps simply being nervous, but my reaction even at the time was that he went too far, and if he didn't have the good sense to stop, someone (Gelman?) should have tipped him off during commercial breaks to knock it off. I was really put off by his whole demeanor -- he may have been a co-host, but he was a guest co-host, emphasis on the word guest. And yes, I realize Regis and Kelly tease each other all the time, but they have the benefit of spending a lot of time together, and therefore it's very clear they do share an affinity for each other. Kelly and Clay have no history, so it just came off as oddly, and inappropriately mean spirited, imo.
    Last edited by roseskid; 11-21-2006 at 01:37 PM.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2150474;

Kelly said Clay was not well-mannered, didn't say 'thank you' etc., but that she bears him no ill will and doesn't consider this a celebrity fued, which is how the show was billing it.

I personally thought it was rude of Clay and I agree that he would likely not have done that to a male co-host.
    I think he should have tried to find a verbal way of trying to take the floor from her so he could ask the guest a question. He did try that earlier, but he could have literally said "Kelly, I have a question I'd really like to ask" and I think she'd have had to let him ask it.
    I also think he shouldn't have had to try so hard to get a word in in the first place.
    She was completely monopolizing the interview.
    I love Clay, but I have always been the first one to say when he did something wrong. Should he have put his hand over Kelly's mouth? Absolutely not. Should Kelly have given him a chance to get a word in edgewise? Absolutely. The show isn't just about her, which she makes it out that way so many times. How many times has Regis said to her, can I say something or as I was saying before you interrupted me??? She has made no qualms about the fact that Clay isn't one of her favorite people and this goes back to AI2. Now, I understand not everyone likes Clay, but let's be mature. She should have confronted him on the show or afterwards instead of waiting the entire weekend, then saying something Monday morning.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread