+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 180 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Just to let everybody know, Clay will be featured in a new issue of Ability Magazine. Most magazine stores don't have it, but I think it can be ordered through the website. http://abilitymagazine.com/
    They talk to Clay aobut the Bubel/Aiken Foundation.

ETA: Somebody at a message board reported seeing it at a Barnes and Noble, so you could try checking for it there. I would guess that in Canada, Chapters or Indigo might also carry it.
    Last edited by crysma; 01-22-2004 at 05:26 PM.

Boy, Clay can really draw an audience. The Leno show was packed with Clay fans. I thought Clay did a great job in his performance. The interview was intertaining. I just want to mention the part where Jay brings up and article in a magazine "who would you like to take a bath with." Clay was one of the top three. I don't like stuff like this, and actually find it indecent. I only mention it to prove a point that people find Clay to be manly.

A woman named Kathleen wrote this, "Clay is masculine without being macho, sexy without being lewd, gentle without being weak." I think this is a perfect description of Clay.

I only hope and pray he doesn't change.

Looking forward to the concert in Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea
    I saw a cute preview of Ed where a guy trades Clay's old bottle of water for a fresh one. As Clay is walking away, he shoves it into a plastic bag saying to his friend "Ebay Gold." It was really funny. You can download it at Airplay central.

That is kinda ironic. I haven't been following the news...is Clay playing himself on the show?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea
    Boy, Clay can really draw an audience. The Leno show was packed with Clay fans. I thought Clay did a great job in his performance. The interview was intertaining. I just want to mention the part where Jay brings up and article in a magazine "who would you like to take a bath with." Clay was one of the top three. I don't like stuff like this, and actually find it indecent. I only mention it to prove a point that people find Clay to be manly.
    Well, either that or they chose him because they knew he wouldn't take up much room in the tub given that he's as thin as he is.

Andrea, that's a great description of Clay. Have a great time at the Chicago concert. I wish that I was going to one but, Becky Blue (my Buick) will not make the trip.

FORT Fan
    The driver's license thing was cute but I thought he looked more like Martin Short than who Jay said.

The thing that is starting to concern me with Clay in these interviews is how he always brings up his mother in every comment about himself. Of course, he shouldn't neglect to honor her at all, but it's starting to sound like she's the only friend he has. At the beginning of the dialogue, Leno commented on the large number of fans Clay has, and Clay answers quickly with "Yes, we do." Anyone else notice it?
    Last edited by ldmarie; 01-23-2004 at 05:28 PM.

FORT Fan
    Yes crysma, I know Clay is humble and that he acknowledges the people that made his career happen. But as fluff said, it would've made more sense if Leno was talking about something directly connected to AI or the tour itself. Jay even hestitated and switch gears there it seemed...why would someone say his fans were also fans of the people who take care of him when we hardly even see those people? He mentions his mom more than just about the video deal.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by lobeck

That is kinda ironic. I haven't been following the news...is Clay playing himself on the show?
    Yes lobeck, Clay plays himself and is singing "This is the Moment" and "The Way" (on Ed, tonight)

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    Well, either that or they chose him because they knew he wouldn't take up much room in the tub given that he's as thin as he is.
    Now that is funny!

Well, this is unbelievable. I watched the show "ED" and for the first time I can say I didn't like the way Clay sang a song. I wish he would have sang "This Magic Moment" the way it was orginally done. There were some good parts, what little you could hear in the background, but didn't like too much of it. Usually when he changes a song it's for the better, not this time. I was really looking forward to seeing and hearing him sing that song. I know he could have done a lot better.

+ Reply to Thread