+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 180 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea
    Good for you. I would love to get one of those dolls.
    They're probably some already on ebay..
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

u rock i rock lets kiss! ClayAiken#1Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick
    Hey,

I attended they Uncc vs ECU game last night and Clay sang. He was just spectacular like usual. And i got a Clay Aiken Bobblehead.. haha.
    Hehe really! That's cool i would love one.
    I lOvE clay aiken

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick
    They're probably some already on ebay..
    They want too much for them I would pay up to twenty-five for one. I'll just wait till they come down a bit. Maybe they'll come out with another one. How was the reaction to Clay's performance?

I was able to get tickets at the last minute, so I was at the game too. I just kept thinking how wild it is that a year ago, Clay could have been any one of the "average" college students that surrounded me in the stands. And now this!

He was truly in his element and seemed to be having a blast. People kept cheering at his glory notes during the National Anthem, which may or may not be appropriate (another discussion!), but I can see how it would be hard to contain your enthusiasm. During halftime, he sang the heck out of The Way and Invisible. The crowd was a constant sea of flashes going off. Clay enthusiastically worked the whole floor so that people on all ends got some fabulous pictures of the knee-bends, etc. During Invisible, the crowd was singing along. The college girls next to me were hysterical, as were the cheerleaders, who were all the way at one end of the court. It was adorable to see them screaming and reaching out to Clay, who walked over and sang to them and touched their hands. In all, Clay was AMAZING as usual (and looking mighty handsome!!) and the audience--young and not-so-young, female and male (my husband really enjoyed it too!), simply ate it up.

Willyoungluver
    Sorry for asking but does anyone have any pics of clay before he was on American Idol2? Like his yearbook pics or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea
    They want too much for them I would pay up to twenty-five for one. I'll just wait till they come down a bit. Maybe they'll come out with another one. How was the reaction to Clay's performance?
    I didn't hear any boo's. When i went to the UNCC graduation there was some booing when he was talking. But there were a lot of teenagers at the basketball game so it was loud.. Crowd loved it.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

I saw a clip of the National Anthem from the game last night. He sounded great, and I only heard cheering, no boos. I also read in a Charlotte newspaper article that Clay waived his appearance fee.

Edited to add: I was going to give a link to the article, but it's a site where you have to register. I read the article on another board. It says that when two of UNCC's sponsors made donations to Clay's foundation, he waived his $100,000 appearance fee and agreed to make a donation to the school's capital funds campaign. (This is not a direct quote so I hope it's okay to post this). Anyway, I thought that was great.
    Last edited by clay crazy; 01-12-2004 at 11:58 AM.

Paws Off Clay's Mine!! Iloveclayaiken2's Avatar
    Does anybody support Clayton's foundation (The Bubel/Aiken Foundation??)

I just read that Clay is going to be on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on January 21. I hope it's okay to post here since I didn't see the TV/Radio Appearance thread. This is posted on the official site for the show. Here's the link:

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Tonight_S...y_Leno/guests/
    Last edited by clay crazy; 01-13-2004 at 06:56 PM.

Just thought I'd pop in and let ya'll know that Clay will also be appearing on Ryan Seacrest's new show - On-Air - this Thursday, January 15 - this news just was announced today. It's a syndicated show, so check your local listings!

+ Reply to Thread