+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 180 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

eny
    FORT Fogey
    You couldn't have written that John , I'm sure I did. Or maybe it was Fluff or any of the other members who tried to point out these very things to our own set of deluded fangirlies. Not to be confused with the normal folks that hang here who were kind of interested in him in a normal "hey he's on a show" way.

If you want to hear what a truly great singer sounds like, listen to Josh Groban or Andrea Bocelli. These are the great crooners of the times - not some dorky Fox TV show runner-up.
    That is the statement I agree with most of all ...along with the VH-1 thing.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Eny, I think that might have been me I've been waiting for someone to snap the fangirlies back into reality. This guy is not the second coming of all things loveable and fluffy. He's just a pretty good singer who enjoys glory notes and staring at the camera suggestively. He's not going to lead us all into the kingdom of Clay where everyone is happy and it's all white and there are fluffy bunnies everywhere, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Boredom
    This guy is not the second coming of all things loveable and fluffy. He's just a pretty good singer who enjoys glory notes and staring at the camera suggestively.

Aiken doesn't have anywhere close to the pipes of Ol' Blue Eyes or the looks and moves of The King."

"If you want to hear what a truly great singer sounds like, listen to Josh Groban or Andrea Bocelli. These are the great crooners of the times - not some dorky Fox TV show runner-up."

"American Idol is the worst thing to happen to the music industry since Milli Vanilli. They take a small talent hack, put them on stage with Ryan Seacrest (TV's biggest toolbox), advertise the hell out of them."
    I actually think Ryan does a great job, but he can get dweebish from time to time. Also, AI can't be all bad--it brought us Ruben and Fantasia--two great singers who are better than most of the non-talents produced by the music industry these days.

"Listen, he's a real nice kid - a good role model for kids with low ambitions.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Just a reminder to the Clay fans. He will be giving a free concert this Friday July 2nd in New York. He will also be performing on Good Morning Americe
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Clay at 4th of July Celebration at the Nation's Capital

Here's the link to the recent MSNBC article

A Capital 4th celebration on PBS

FORT Newbie
    Here is a great story about Clay and what he is up to nowadays:

The 4th of July

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Clay to Record with the other true overlooked winner of American Idol .

Read About It !

Thanks for the link Eny but, can't we just shoot William Hung yet?

+ Reply to Thread