+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 180 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Quote Originally Posted by John
    You actually highlighted the wrong portion of that quote.

We aren't a fan site for any (single) show or contestant.
    Hey John, what in the world is Clay doing in your avatar??
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

See the "why did you choose your avatar" in the General Discussion forum for a full explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan
    Did anyone besides me see Clay perform the National Anthem at the "Nascar Nextel Cup Race in Dover" today? He did a fantastic job! They also showed him singing the tail end of "Measure Of A Man" prior to the anthem. I hni he was gonna perform at the race today or I would have posted it. He really did great! Hope you Clay fans caught it!
    Didn't get to see it but sounded great on the radio!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Seriously , are you trying to p'o John ? Your comments have already been deleted once . The big RED letters at the top of the grave yard forum clearly state NEWS only. Yes this does apply to Clay Aiken even though we know he is the saviour of the world despite his recent penchant for grabbing boobies.

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Seriously , are you trying to p'o John ? Your comments have already been deleted once . The big RED letters at the top of the grave yard forum clearly state NEWS only. Yes this does apply to Clay Aiken even though we know he is the saviour of the world despite his recent penchant for grabbing boobies.
    Sorry. I saw other people discussing him and thought I could too. I have no news. Hate that we can't discuss him like we use too. Won't be back!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pintobean
    Hate that we can't discuss him like we use too. Won't be back!!!!!!!!!

Goodbye.

http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRe...d=131-06152004

'America's Promise to Our Youth' Gala to Recognize Congressional Leaders for Youth Service; Clay Aiken, Naomi Judd Featured

ALEXANDRIA, Va. June 15 /U.S. Newswire/ -- America's Promise -- The Alliance for Youth will host its first annual "America's Promise to Our Youth" gala celebration to honor six members of Congress for their commitment to youth. Multi-platinum recording artist Clay Aiken and Grammy Award-winning recording artist Naomi Judd will join America's Promise in paying tribute to those whose personal and legislative leadership is helping improve the lives of millions of children by ensuring that every youth has the five fundamental resources they need to succeed. The five fundamental resources, known as the Five Promises are: ongoing relationships with caring adults, safe places with structured activities during nonschool hours, a healthy start and future, marketable skills through effective education and opportunities to serve.

<snip>

Each Congressional honoree and performer, Clay Aiken, will be introduced by a young person selected to represent their home state or district. These seven young people, two of whom have developmental disabilities, exemplify how receiving the Five Promises has made a difference in their lives. They were chosen for their exemplary service to their communities as well as their outstanding character. As part of a new partnership with America's Promise, The Bubel/Aiken Foundation will provide each youth presenter with a $1,500 scholarship. The Bubel/Aiken Foundation was founded by Clay Aiken in 2003 to help children with disabilities gain full inclusion in every sector of life.
    I thought this was very nice.

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    I guess a lot of fans are making a big hubbub about this guy's article. Though I don't agree with him, I thought it was pretty funny, and probably a bit closer to the truth than the clinically-deluded Aiken-as-Savior articles you see everywhere. Given that I do think Clay will have long-term success (that he deserves), it's really more a comment on how out there some of those articles are, than the accuracy of what this guys says.

Comments leave fans of Aiken with 'bad taste' in their mouths

By Matt Grisafi , Associate Editor 06/18/2004

Fans of American Idol loser erupt over suggestion that they have 'no taste.'

In last week's column, we explored the lineup for the upcoming Bethlehem Musikfest. After suggesting that Clay Aiken fans lack musical taste, I received a healthy amount of hate mail from these self-proclaimed "Claymates," many of whom requested an apology.

Advertisement

[AD]
    So, in light of last week's comments and the subsequent outpouring of mail by Aiken fans, I have this to say:

I had no idea the Aiken family was so big!

First, I'd like to get something out of the way here. My views are in no way associated with the Musikfest or the fine people of Bethlehem. So while a number of you have said you won't be spending your money there, don't take your distaste with my article out on them.

Now that that's out of the way, really, people, I am flabbergasted at the amount of support given to this guy, especially over such a silly little comment. But the thing that boggles me the most?

This guy was the American Idol loser.

He wasn't good enough to beat out the likes of Ruben Studdard on a reality TV show, yet a disturbing number of these people have suggested he's the second coming of Sinatra or - it pains me to even see this in print - Elvis. Using either in the same sentence as Aiken is considered blasphemous in some circles.

Aiken doesn't have anywhere close to the pipes of Ol' Blue Eyes or the looks and moves of The King. No, he is a novelty act, somewhere in between Weird Al Yankovic and Donny Osmond.

I'll admit, I'm not much of a fan of the type of music Aiken sings, but I know a good crooner when I hear one. I've seen him a few times while browsing American Idol, and believe me, he's no great crooner.

If you want to hear what a truly great singer sounds like, listen to Josh Groban or Andrea Bocelli. These are the great crooners of the times - not some dorky Fox TV show runner-up.

American Idol is the worst thing to happen to the music industry since Milli Vanilli. They take a small talent hack, put them on stage with Ryan Seacrest (TV's biggest toolbox), advertise the hell out of them, and millions of people like these Claymates buy into it all - hook, line and sinker.

Meanwhile, a number of talented people who can actually sing and write their own music are having trouble getting contracts while these half-assed "idols" make Rupert Murdoch rich.

Listen, he's a real nice kid - a good role model for kids with low ambitions. I look forward to seeing him on a VH-1 "Where Are They Now?" marathon some Saturday afternoon in a few years.

Wow, that sounds like something I would write, but I don't remember doing it.

...what a difference a year makes...I actually agree, somewhat, with the author of this article. I mean, Clay Aiken does have undeniable talent-- and I think he will have longevity. I think he was underestimated Clay's talent. But I think he was spot-on about the deluded fangirlies. And about Ryan being a giant toolbox(though I'd at least grant that Ryan is a giant earnest toolbox).

+ Reply to Thread