+ Reply to Thread
Page 177 of 180 FirstFirst ... 77127167168169170171172173174175176177178179180 LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 1799
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Re: Clay Aiken

OK - so thank goodness for the tube of you. I found a clip of his performance from last night. I thought Clay looked and sounded amazing. I truly enjoyed hearing about his charity work and how he has used his fame to help kids around the world. He sounded very passionate about it even still.

I think that he and Fantasia are the two Idols who have come back the most on this show since their respective seasons.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I wasn't watching the show during Clay's season, but I did enjoy his performance last night. And I'm proud for him & all the works he gets to do with his kids & passions for them.

Don't forget he won Celebrity Apprentice last season and raised a lot of money with that for his charity.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Don't forget he won Celebrity Apprentice last season and raised a lot of money with that for his charity.
    I thought he lost out to Arsenio Hall
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I was a big Clay fan back then, but I think by singing the same song he sang in the finale, he made it glaringly obvious that he can no longer sing as well. I was disappointed.
    Jexter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    I was a big Clay fan back then, but I think by singing the same song he sang in the finale, he made it glaringly obvious that he can no longer sing as well. I was disappointed.
    One thing I thought was made obvious by that song choice is that he has nothing new on the fire.
    Cornholio likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I thought he lost out to Arsenio Hall
    Did he? Maybe I wanted him to win, so I think that he won. I'll go look it up.

ETA: Srsly posted
    Clay won this thing by losing.
    I guess I felt that way as well.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Someone had to say it.

I hate to talk about the elephant in the room .... but Clay had some bad press a number of years ago .... something about inappropriate photos?

He has kept moving on since then ... but I seriously think it put a huge bump in his road to lasting fame.
    Sponsors don't like to be associated with anything that is .... subject to interpretation. hmm
    Personally, I wish he would do smaller venues and clubs.

I still think he's wonderful and I do think he won a challenge or two during the Celebrity Apprentice that delivered some financial support to the Inclusion Project ....... but Arsenio won the whole enchilada.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

Clay and Janelle look alike.

+ Reply to Thread