+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Re: Clay Aiken

I like Clay. I am glad he had this surgery, TMJ is very painful

Clay is looking good on Celebrity Apprentice.

Debb70 likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Victoria and I agree on something! He's got skills, and hasn't pushed his way to the forefront like Penn has. Penn is setting himself to be a target, and Clay is lying low.
    Love me some Clay!

They should bring back the old format like the one on Season 2 when America picked the wildcard instead of the judges. Clay Aiken was the product of that wildcard competition and he almost won. Lost only by 100,000 votes.

Considering that a half million of Clay's votes were mis-directed to some church's voice mailbox and nearly everyone who tried to vote couldn't get through the busy signals, Clay clearly won if the voting system wasn't so messed up. Back then they only had one line each and 2 hours to vote and because Clay's was messed up they missed millions of his votes. Clay's Mom couldn't get in a single vote while Ruben's Mom said she got in hundreds of votes. Imagine if they had 3 lines each and 4 hours to vote like they get now. Clay would have taken it in a landslide. .
    Debb70 and Fanny Mare like this.

To the Point

While I don't deny that there were huge voting issues that season, I just don't see the point in revisiting this whole issue again all these years later. It was what it was. Ruben won, Clay came in second and they've both moved on.
    Jexter likes this.

Clay's new album "Steadfast" is being released on Monday March 26. You can pre-order it at Amazon and the mp3 of the album is on sale for $3.99 so go get it!

Amazon.com: Steadfast: Clay Aiken: Music

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    While I don't deny that there were huge voting issues that season, I just don't see the point in revisiting this whole issue again all these years later. It was what it was. Ruben won, Clay came in second and they've both moved on.
    Brava! And I might add the same about battles between the pro-Clay camp and the anti-Clay camp. That went on for years....kind of like the Jon vs. Kate Gosselin scenario.

We should all be able to like who we please and dislike those we don't without being told how wrong we are. I'll bet even Clay would be thrilled if we all just took it from "here" and moved on.
    Lil Bit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post

We should all be able to like who we please and dislike those we don't without being told how wrong we are.
    I agree. That is one of the reasons why I don't post as often as I used to. Last season I was a James Durbin fan, but it seemed that everything I posted was "disputed" by a couple of people who insisted on telling me why I was wrong and why he was a horrible singer and nothing but an Adam Lambert wannabe.

I remember being pretty upset when Clay didn't win, but I've since gotten over it and moved on. In fact, since my favorite has only one Idol one time (David Cooke), I've come to accept the fact that I will most likely be disappointed by who wins. All that means is that people have different tastes in music, style, fashion... everything really.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread