+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

FORT Fogey

Re: Clay Aiken

I'm afraid I don't get this whole "is or isn't Clay a nice guy" thing. Was Billie Holiday ever rude? Was Frank Sinatra sweet to kids? Would you want to have a beer with the Beatles? Do you know? Does it matter?

Is this something that's unique to American Idol singers? Or do people demand this level of personal responsibility for every artist they like?
    NCLurker likes this.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I think it probably has more to do with the fact that we helped "make" them and we've been privy to the beginning of the transformation..those others you mentioned we were not...just my 2 cents
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Also clays fanclub says new music in the first half of 2010 whoohoo
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Clay is a contestant and starts taping the new season of Celebrity Apprentice today.
    YorkieMom likes this.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I assume all the Clay Aiken fans know that he'll be on this season's Celebrity Apprentice, starting February 12? Heaven help The Donald if he fires Clay too soon... Ooo - fire Clay - that's a bit of a pun!

I fired clay yesterday! The Donald has nothing on me.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I assume all the Clay Aiken fans know that he'll be on this season's Celebrity Apprentice, starting February 12? Heaven help The Donald if he fires Clay too soon... Ooo - fire Clay - that's a bit of a pun!
    I like Clay as a singer and as a person, however, I don't think his popularity from his season of "American Idol" is going to affect people as much as it used to. His photo looks very unusual, as though he's gained a bit of weight, especially in the face.

It will be neat to see him do this competition, but he is sadly one of those I think if he doesn't do a lot of work in a challenge they'd try to get him fired first.

It will be neat to see him do this competition, but he is sadly one of those I think if he doesn't do a lot of work in a challenge they'd try to get him fired first.
    This is true for every one of the contestants. It's how the game is played.

His photo looks very unusual, as though he's gained a bit of weight, especially in the face.
    I seem to recall some news in the past couple years where Clay had some medical problem requiring surgery in his throat/neck/jaw area. He was quite puffy for a while. This may be the end result of that issue. If srs_in_oregon comes back here, she would probably know as she had all the info on Clay.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Clay had TMJ surgery in Feb 2009. It required that he have his jaw broken and rebuilt and caused him to have facial swelling for many months and changed the shape of his lower face.

+ Reply to Thread