+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Re: Clay Aiken

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3501553;
    Regarding the first paragraph - I think we interpreted the content of the links differently.

Regarding the cat references - The writer is using sarcasm. FYI....I remember the entire cat fiasco clearly and yes, Clay was was unfairly targeted based on the comments that appeared in the Rolling Stone article.

In general -

As mentioned, I was skeptical of Clay's negative press, too, and that is precisely why I tracked down a person for confirmation. I didn't want to believe it was true, but I needed to know one way or another.

The person I got ahold of it confirmed everything you read - including the "fear" parts. I guess that's all I can offer. ...a first-hand account by someone who lived it. Not sure of what would constitute better proof than that?

There are other things that bother me about Clay, e.g. I don't particularly like how he interacts with his fans and former AI contestants. However, those are two different discussions and I know they would be never ending (like this one). Add it all up though and I'm off the Clay train (have been since 2004).

I'll try to stay out of Clay's thread...don't want to ruffle so many feathers. It's hard, though, because I do feel somewhat betrayed by Clay...as a fan, I mean, and I feel the need to snark from time-to-time.

Clay didn't turn out to be anything like he was when he was on the show (in my opinion, of course).

I know I'm alone on this - at least in this thread - but this is what I believe and how I feel.

I'm glad remaining Clay fans have someone they enjoy.
    Yeah Clay definitely has let his so-called fame go to his head. I know lots of people who used to think he was a nice person who no longer see him in that light any longer.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Well, at least we know he won't be going down the "Fatty Arbuckle Trail"

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3501553;
    I'll try to stay out of Clay's thread...don't want to ruffle so many feathers. It's hard, though, because I do feel somewhat betrayed by Clay...as a fan, I mean, and I feel the need to snark from time-to-time.

Clay didn't turn out to be anything like he was when he was on the show (in my opinion, of course).

I know I'm alone on this - at least in this thread - but this is what I believe and how I feel.

I'm glad remaining Clay fans have someone they enjoy.
    You are not alone. I feel this way exactly.

I also vowed to stay off of this thread, after venting here when Clay made those remarks in his blog about Adam Lambert. I'm only on here now to give you some support.

I am also a former big fan of Clay's, who still likes his singing voice, but all the other "stuff"... not so much.

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

I love Clay's voice and don't care much what he does in his private life.
    Still am not convinced he's ever done anything to deserve the way the media and the AI crowd seem to want to treat him.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady;3501825;
    I also vowed to stay off of this thread, after venting here when Clay made those remarks in his blog about Adam Lambert.
    The only remark Clay made about Adam Lambert was about his Ring Of Fire performance. I think he soon apologized for using OTT language ("thought my ears would bleed"), and he never commented on anything else about Adam.

It seems like there are a lot of people at FORT who don't like Clay, and that's fine. I certainly don't think there is a pro-Clay bias here.
    Everyone is entitled to their own tastes.

Personally, I take celebrity gossip with a large helping of salt, whether it's in the tabloids or in blogs or on the networks or CNN. A lot of stories are exaggerated or distorted or even pretty much made up and then passed on without fact checking. It's all about selling soap.

To the Point

I have never thought Clay was a saint, walked on water, was a super nice guy, etc., etc.. I live in the area and know folks who have known him quite well in his growing up years and in many different settings. One thing was for certain, he did have the ability to ruffle feathers at times, when he felt it worth his while. That isn't always a bad thing, but it isn't always a good thing either. No one made a big deal out of the fact that he would do this. It was just another facet of his personality in the way it was described to me. I don't think that changed, for good or for bad. He has always had this in him.

All that being said, I remember on numerous occasions Clay cautioning his fans about thinking along Saintly lines with regard to who he was. While I never made this mistake, I know many did. I don't think Clay misrepresented so much as people thought they knew him and they didn't and still don't.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady;3501825;
    You are not alone. I feel this way exactly.

I also vowed to stay off of this thread, after venting here when Clay made those remarks in his blog about Adam Lambert. I'm only on here now to give you some support.

I am also a former big fan of Clay's, who still likes his singing voice, but all the other "stuff"... not so much.
    Thanks TeacherLady. Glad to know there's a kindred-spirit out there sharing similar sentiments.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3502625;
    I have never thought Clay was a saint, walked on water, was a super nice guy, etc., etc.. I live in the area and know folks who have known him quite well in his growing up years and in many different settings. One thing was for certain, he did have the ability to ruffle feathers at times, when he felt it worth his while. That isn't always a bad thing, but it isn't always a good thing either. No one made a big deal out of the fact that he would do this. It was just another facet of his personality in the way it was described to me. I don't think that changed, for good or for bad. He has always had this in him.

All that being said, I remember on numerous occasions Clay cautioning his fans about thinking along Saintly lines with regard to who he was. While I never made this mistake, I know many did. I don't think Clay misrepresented so much as people thought they knew him and they didn't and still don't.
    Clay himself has said, that he does have a sharp, snarky tongue at times and he held back during the A2 season, when Simon critiqued him.

Clay has been signed to the universal- decca label
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

Yes, and his name is up at Decca's website, though I don't know if there has been any press release.
    But here is a picture of Clay with one of Decca-Universal's A&R people:

I'd say he's lookin' pretty good. Maybe the change of label has been good for him.

I have to admit he looks better there than he has in a loooooong time. He sure likes to hang on to his clothes a long time. Especially the ugly ones.

I am so glad that I can look at him and feel nothing.
    There was a long time that I couldn't....I would get upset and nearly cry.
    I'm still a little ticked that I wasted so much time/money on him, but that's water under the bridge. I won't ever make those mistakes ....I won't ever be duped by an "entertainer" again.

Good luck with that new label, Clay.
    Maybe you can do a duet with Paula "maybe I should shave my armpits" Cole.

+ Reply to Thread