+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Re: Clay Aiken

Clay did admit that he was wrong or he wouldn't have apologized. This is taking responsibility, he's learned his lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3481479;
    Clay did admit that he was wrong or he wouldn't have apologized. This is taking responsibility, he's learned his lesson.
    I sincerely doubt. Before you know it, his avid fans will be on here defending him for some new boneheaded thing he did or said.

JMO, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady;3482988;
    I sincerely doubt. Before you know it, his avid fans will be on here defending him for some new boneheaded thing he did or said.

JMO, of course.
    Well, all I can is I hope he learned his lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady;3474678;
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by OriginalSinner
    Adam's response to Clay's comments, “He’s got some headlines now and he didn’t before…If that what it takes, I’m happy to help him out.”
    HAHAHA !!!I agree that that is a priceless comeback from Adam!

Snarky, but true -- and not unkind at all. Which means he did not lower himself to Clay's level. Classy dude, that Adam!
    Actually, I think Adam's quips were meaner than Clay's. Clay commented (supposedly on a "private" board, but he surely knows better) on one song of Adam's and perhaps indirectly on Adam's style. He said nothing about Adam's talent or personality or character or celebrity status. And when he realized what a stupid mistake it was to make that comment, he apologized -- adding that Adam probably couldn't care less what he thought.

Adam's retort -- made in a high-profile, very public interview -- was underhanded, snide and a bit arrogant. "Who, me? Say anything bad about Clay?"
    "I have no hard feelings at all against this utter washed-up loser who wants to ride my long coattails."

I say this as a fan of both guys: It almost never helps your public image when you badmouth other artists in public. The media are spinning this as some sort of "cat fight" and I wish you guys hadn't given them the ammo.
    Last edited by Sandy in SD; 06-07-2009 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobDobolina;3479554;
    Clay's unprecipitated, harsher initial statements is the real reason Adam didn't get criticized over it.
    Adam didn't get criticized over his statements? (Could've fooled me.)

It was dumb of Clay to mouth off like that online about another Idol contestant, but let's not forget that what Clay said about Adam's "Ring Of Fire" wasn't far from what Simon Cowell said about that same performance.
    Personally, I liked Adam's "Ring Of Fire," but a lot of people didn't. It's not like Clay was expressing an unusual reaction.

FORT Fogey

I remember posting back in the day, i.e. during Clay's season, that I'd support Clay to the end (gay or not), but that if he turned into an arrogant prick, it would come to an end.

Needless to say, I'm no longer a Clay fan.

I find the recent reports about Adam's diva-like behavior quite funny. In Clay's defense, he didn't become an ass for a year or two after his season. Sounds like it was only a day or two for Adam.

The reports have turned me off of Adam - in the same way they did for Clay. As far as I'm concerned, the two could go away tomorrow, and I wouldn't miss either one of them (they can take Kate Gosselin with them - for the very same reason).

I really thought Adam should have won Idol, but now I'm glad he didn't.

I'm not an Adam fan, but I'm not anymore inclined to believe every story written about him than I am stories written about clay..or any other celebrity..I don't trust the media as far as I can throw them..Adam would have to be a jerk to me personally for me to believe the stories written about him..

See, at least I'm an equal opportunity media unbeliever I don't just not trust them when it comes to clay..
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Quote Originally Posted by srs_in_Oregon;3487762;
    I don't trust the media as far as I can throw them. Adam would have to be a jerk to me personally for me to believe the stories written about him.
    I agree. But as to his quips about Clay getting media attention now, whereas he wasn't before, and Clay being welcome to ride his coattails, those are up there on video for all to see and hear. He said those things in interviews with, I believe, E! TV.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I put it down to his age. I think it's not the most important thing. I like them both....their singing. I might not like everything that comes out of the mouth, but the singing is fine!

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3488358;
    I put it down to his age. I think it's not the most important thing. I like them both....their singing. I might not like everything that comes out of the mouth, but the singing is fine!

I can't think of a single soul whose words are always what they should be, including me.

+ Reply to Thread