+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Re: Clay Aiken

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3472155;
    Fluff, hope you don't mind that I scaled down the quote to that which I really wanted to respond.

This is a phenomenon that can be found is just about every contestants threads that have avid supporters. It is not "Clay specific" and quite frankly, I've never gotten it. Way back in season 2, I spent a great deal of time PMing folks and telling them that arguing wasn't going to change anyone's mind. I don't even care if what is being repeated again and again is a good solid fact and seems to support your stance. Repeating it doesn't mean anyone is going to change their mind. Music is subjective and personalities appeal to different people for different reasons. That's life. Reading threads that are full of those repeated posts drives me insane, so the scroll button is my friend. People would be wise to post things one time and move on. I can even handle twice if it truly needs clarification, however the constant harping on the same idea over and over is pointless. People just don't really care. Most any point, once repeated, begins to lose any impact it may have had initially.
    I don't mind you scaling back my quote at all

I know the apparent need to defend your favourite is not Clay-specific, but it seems to be stronger in Clay fans, as if there is some kind of duty to even out any negative opinions with something positive.
    I can understand it more when the Idol competition is running because if there is any chance to sway opinion in favour of your chosen one that would be the time, when it might still count.

I don't want to go off on a whole tangent about the things that his fans have done (and no, I'm not talking about anyone here) but when you threaten to harm dj's who refuse to play his music I think you've lost the plot.
    I don't understand why anyone feels the need to defend, or take criticism of their favourite as a personal insult.
    I don't like Clay, never have, likely never will.
    I find him utterly unappealing in every way.
    Why that statement should compel anyone to give a run down of how many cd's he's sold, or how much work he's done for charity I do not know.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Also clay apologized and sent Kelly flowers after the show because of the hand over mouth thing, you could tell he felt bad right when he did it..as far as teasing her at the beging, wasn't she teasing back? I realize that its her show but isn't the playful banter between the two hosts part of what makes it what it is? Was he supposed to just sit there and shut up when Kelly threw a picture of a cat in his face?

As far as my support posts..I guess I'm sorry for that..I don't know how to be a fan except to post supportive..I don't know why there has to be a negative post to every support post but it happens..and it goes both ways

If I went into someone elses thread and said I heard they were a diva..wouldn't a fan then disagree with me and counteract that with good things about them?

I don't expect everyone to like clay..but if I read something I don't agree with isn't it normal for me to try to correct it with what I heard?

I have never posted in a blog or article, I've never called a dj or attacked a journalist..I have posted at fort since the begining so I continue to post here, as well as other tv threads and off topic thread..

The reason I posted the good things he has done is because someone said that they don't hear good things about him, and that's right..because the media doesn't care about that stuff..I wasn't trying to change anyones mind I was answering a specific post about not hearing good things about him..
    Last edited by srs_in_Oregon; 05-28-2009 at 02:12 PM.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

To the Point

I totally understand you position Fluff! I am always just amazed at how many of the people making huge issues of things repeatedly are old enough to know better.

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar

Don't feel too beleaguered, SRS. I don't think there's anything wrong with supporting who you like and trying to provide more information.

While I was not a fan of season 2 at all, I have always found what Clay fans had to say fascinating. I think the fans that Clay generated are one of the most interesting groups AI has ever produced. The effect he's had on some people is truly intriguing both in its scope and depth.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by BobDobolina;3472847;
    Don't feel too beleaguered, SRS. I don't think there's anything wrong with supporting who you like and trying to provide more information.

While I was not a fan of season 2 at all, I have always found what Clay fans had to say fascinating. I think the fans that Clay generated are one of the most interesting groups AI has ever produced. The effect he's had on some people is truly intriguing both in its scope and depth.
    You are right. And sometimes it's quite frightening.

Adam's response to Clay's comments, “He’s got some headlines now and he didn’t before…If that what it takes, I’m happy to help him out.”

HAHAHA !!!

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner;3473617;
    Adam's response to Clay's comments, “He’s got some headlines now and he didn’t before…If that what it takes, I’m happy to help him out.”

HAHAHA !!!
    Love it!

HAHAHA !!!
    You GO, Adam!

Adam rocks.....he is so right on!!!....Clay made an ignorant statement...
    We live in the land of the free, because of the brave....

HAHAHA !!!
    I agree that that is a priceless comeback from Adam!

Snarky, but true -- and not unkind at all. Which means he did not lower himself to Clay's level. Classy dude, that Adam!

+ Reply to Thread