+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Re: Clay Aiken

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3470736;
    It does seem like many people on this thread believe the worst about Clay but it's all stories that they have heard through the grapevine, it's not first hand experience.
    I never cared for Clay or his music on AI. Reuben was not exactly my cup of tea either but I liked his voice and was happy that he won. My opinion of Clay as a person was formed when he co-hosted on Regis and Kelly. He took that 15 minute opening segment where the co-hosts engage in light banter, and turned it into "bash Kelly for a cheap laugh time". It was desperate, tasteless and uncalled for. I cheered when she recoiled at him trying to stop her from talking by putting his hand over her mouth. A southern gentleman he is not!

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3471081;
    I still remember reading at this site, "Clay isn't gay because he says he isn't and Clay doesn't lie", so a little critical thinking all round might be in order.
    Thank you, Fluff!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3471857;
    I never cared for Clay or his music on AI. Reuben was not exactly my cup of tea either but I liked his voice and was happy that he won. My opinion of Clay as a person was formed when he co-hosted on Regis and Kelly. He took that 15 minute opening segment where the co-hosts engage in light banter, and turned it into "bash Kelly for a cheap laugh time". It was desperate, tasteless and uncalled for. I cheered when she recoiled at him trying to stop her from talking by putting his hand over her mouth. A southern gentleman he is not!
    Kelly Ripa showed she had no sense of humor. She has bashed Clay numerous times before his co-hosting and she couldn't take his joking. Hypocrite. What is her excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3472127;
    Kelly Ripa showed she had no sense of humor. She has bashed Clay numerous times before his co-hosting and she couldn't take his joking. Hypocrite. What is her excuse?
    It's her show and if she doesn't want to be touched then he should keep his hands to himself.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray Wonderputt Champion FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AllDone;3471185;
    Let's see now. Clay Aiken answered a question about what he thinks of AI and specifically Adam Lambert's singing (repeatedly) by his fans on his private fan club.

The stalker, who admits he paid the fee to join the fan club takes Clay's answer about what he thinks of AI and ROF, and sends a screen capture to Gawker, Perez etc etc.

Clay has the grace to clarify that he may not have enjoyed ROF but that as a person and an entertainer, he feels that Adam will be very successful and that Clay hears from those he trusts that Adam is a nice guy. Clay apologizes to Adam PUBLICLY for his choice of words.

The ever *cough* humble and *cough* gracious, Adam Lambert, slams Clay on a radio interview this morning to an audience of millions.

There goes the fallacy that Adam is the sweetheart that his fans have been shoving down our throats all week. A better man would have said that Clay was entitled to his opinion, but no, when asked what he thinks of the Clay Aiken Controversy he says: "I don't know what it was about. He's got some headlines now and he didn't before...so, you know...I'm happy to help him out."

As if Clay ever needed Adam for headlines. If Adam is reading here, I'd like to point out that Aiken can't even take a walk down the street without it being reported in the media. Clay's foot made more headlines than this. Adam blew his chance at taking the high road. Welcome to the storm that is going to be your life, Adam, you may have the attention now but will you be Blake 2.0 by this time next year or have the success and fame of Clay Aiken? You have a lot to learn.

The fact he used the words he used.. and said it at all in the first place is the problem IMO. as far as having the "Grace" to say sorry.. thatís bull... he is on damage control. He could have taken a high road as well on this, and he made his own choice not to.. so in turn why should Adam have to take it when clearly Clay did not?

That notwithstanding, I do not know what exactly Adam said.. and not to say I would agree with him fan or not.. but when someone in Clay's position attacked someone directly with out knowing them, I am all for standing up for yourself. I have NEVER seen another past Idol slam another contestant so harshly, thatís not to say it hasnít been done, but I myself have yet to see someone be that stupid.

In the end if this is all because of the fact that people asked his feelings on Adam, he could have said "I donít like him." and left well enough alone. But no he went and tried to be Simon and have some witty remark that only made him look like a bratty, childish, baby diva. As my mother always told me, it isn't what you say but how you say it.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

To the Point

Clay and Kelly should never have been allowed to co-host together. It was obvious from the get-go that Kelly was not happy and that the chemistry wasn't there. I felt that because of that she was equally rude in not allowing Clay to get a question/word in edge wise. While he should have known better, I might have done the same. I remember that the expressions on the guests faces made it pretty clear that they were aware that she wasn't giving him opportunity to speak. From the beginning this situation was a disaster just waiting to become an even bigger disaster. Clay wasn't the only one with issues. That being said, it doesn't dismiss his responsibility for his behavior. We are all 100% responsible for our own behavior. I'm just saying that there were other issues in play as well, and plenty of unseemly behavior on both sides. I found that to be a very uncomfortable show to watch from beginning to end, and quite frankly, Kelly being the regular host showed some flaws herself in the way she related to/or absolutely didn't to Clay as co-host. Just saying...there is always more to the story. Plenty of blame and learning opportunities to go around. Old news...
    Last edited by NCLurker; 05-28-2009 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3471043;
    Some people don't like him, it's that simple.
    There have been many stories on the net about his nasty behaviour, even in this thread there are stories, but you never seem to believe them or always counter with a run down of all the good things he's done, so it's hardly surprising that you don't understand why some people don't like him.
    You don't dislike anyone enough to talk about them?
    Well good for you. Others feel differently and want to have their say about people they don't like.
    I don't understand why people feel the need to post a support message every time someone says they dislike him

I don't see why any Clay fan should care that people don't like him. There are more people that don't like him than do, that's true of every artist.

People who believe his version of everything don't have first hand experience either. They choose to believe Clay, that's their right, but a fan's opinion of a situation really doesn't hold very much more water than a non-fan's considering none of us knows Clay.
    #1 you already said Clay has had some nasty behaviour, my point is that you haven't experienced it first hand and you just proved my point.

#2 A fan's opinion only holds water if they have experienced what happened

Originally Posted by graycat11

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3472130;
    It's her show and if she doesn't want to be touched then he should keep his hands to himself.
    True but we were not discussing his hand over mouth this time, we were discussing the opening when they were both joking around. Make excuses for KR. She has put her hand over Regis's mouth numerous times, it was shown on Extra, ET, Access Hollywood.
    Last edited by graycat11; 05-28-2009 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3472134;
    Clay and Kelly should never have been allowed to co-host together. It was obvious from the get-go that Kelly was not happy and that the chemistry wasn't there. I felt that because of that she was equally rude in not allowing Clay to get a question/word in edge wise. While he should have known better, I might have done the same. I remember that the expressions on the guests faces made it pretty clear that they were aware that she wasn't giving him opportunity to speak. From the beginning this situation was a disaster just waiting to become an even bigger disaster. Clay wasn't the only one with issues. That being said, it doesn't dismiss his responsibility for his behavior. We are all 100% responsible for our own behavior. I'm just saying that there were other issues in play as well, and plenty of unseemly behavior on both sides. I found that to be a very uncomfortable show to watch from beginning to end, and quite frankly, Kelly being the regular host showed some flaws herself in the way she related to/or absolutely didn't to Clay as co-host. Just saying...there is always more to the story. Plenty of blame and learning opportunities to go around. Old news...
    Thank you for being objective. Honestly, I think Kelly just did not want Clay as a co-host, period.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3471043;
    Some people don't like him, it's that simple.
    I don't understand why people feel the need to post a support message every time someone says they dislike him

I don't see why any Clay fan should care that people don't like him. There are more people that don't like him than do, that's true of every artist.
    Fluff, hope you don't mind that I scaled down the quote to that which I really wanted to respond.

This is a phenomenon that can be found is just about every contestants threads that have avid supporters. It is not "Clay specific" and quite frankly, I've never gotten it. Way back in season 2, I spent a great deal of time PMing folks and telling them that arguing wasn't going to change anyone's mind. I don't even care if what is being repeated again and again is a good solid fact and seems to support your stance. Repeating it doesn't mean anyone is going to change their mind. Music is subjective and personalities appeal to different people for different reasons. That's life. Reading threads that are full of those repeated posts drives me insane, so the scroll button is my friend. People would be wise to post things one time and move on. I can even handle twice if it truly needs clarification, however the constant harping on the same idea over and over is pointless. People just don't really care. Most any point, once repeated, begins to lose any impact it may have had initially.

+ Reply to Thread