+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Re: Clay Aiken

Quote Originally Posted by srs_in_Oregon;3470572;
    Clays publicist said they walked away..it makes since that clays contract for cds were up and they all chose not to renew..I have just as much reason to believe clay and his publicist as I do to believe some no name who said he was dropped..even omwh sold more than many on rca's roster there is no reason for him to be dropped..

But then again, some people will always believe the worst..they say clay should speak up, and he speaks up and they don't believe him anyways
    And, by the same token, some people will refuse to see anything but sweetness and light in Clay, no matter what happens or what he does...

Quote Originally Posted by srs_in_Oregon;3470019;
    I don't care what possible reputable publication ran the story..there is no way clay went to the idol offices with the hopes of dueting with Adam..they are completely different artists, and clay knows that..he gave his opinion on one song and now its because obviously he is sad that Adam won't duet with him..please
    Agree. I also highly doubt that Clay wanted to do a duet with Adam or he wouldn't have made the comments he did

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3470645;
    And, by the same token, some people will refuse to see anything but sweetness and light in Clay, no matter what happens or what he does...
    Not true with this fan. I love Clay but he isn't an angel, correct all the time. It does seem like many people on this thread believe the worst about Clay but it's all stories that they have heard through the grapevine, it's not first hand experience.

I don't believe he is an angel either..which is why he hasn't fallen off a pedestal for me..he is a good man who makes bad choices sometimes..just like anyone..there is not anyone, I don't care how much I dislike them, that I would believe every story written about them..there is no reason for me to believe no name sources over clays own words..he hasn't given me any reason not to trust him..I like him, while realizing he is human..do I think clay could probably have been more tactful? Sure..but I don't think he did anything to warrent the reaction that he has gotten..and I don't think that clay thought many people would care about his opinion..

Nobody is going to believe every story that comes about the people they are fans of without any proof except because a tabloid said so..that isn't unique to clay fans..I think most people, if they are a fan of someone, are going to believe the best of them..the fact that I tend to agree with clay on a lot doesn't mean I think he is an angel..and if anyone actually read clay boards they would see that there are a variety opinions..from he looked great..to he looked awful..from he shouldn't have said that to he has a right to his opinion..no clay board is full of nothing but love for everything clay does.

I will never understand what clay has done to deserve the reaction he gets from some people..I think he is a good man with flaws like everyone..there is no one I dislike enough to spend my time talking about them..yet clay breathes wrong and he gets the worst stuff said about him..

I say I don't care, but as a clay fan if does hurt to see such a negative reaction..and no, I don't think its deserving..
    Last edited by srs_in_Oregon; 05-27-2009 at 02:03 PM.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Quote Originally Posted by srs_in_Oregon;3470844;
    I will never understand what clay has done to deserve the reaction he gets from some people..I think he is a good man with flaws like everyone..there is no one I dislike enough to spend my time talking about them..yet clay breathes wrong and he gets the worst stuff said about him..
    Some people don't like him, it's that simple.
    There have been many stories on the net about his nasty behaviour, even in this thread there are stories, but you never seem to believe them or always counter with a run down of all the good things he's done, so it's hardly surprising that you don't understand why some people don't like him.
    You don't dislike anyone enough to talk about them?
    Well good for you. Others feel differently and want to have their say about people they don't like.
    I don't understand why people feel the need to post a support message every time someone says they dislike him

I say I don't care, but as a clay fan if does hurt to see such a negative reaction..and no, I don't think its deserving..
    I don't see why any Clay fan should care that people don't like him. There are more people that don't like him than do, that's true of every artist.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat
    Not true with this fan. I love Clay but he isn't an angel, correct all the time. It does seem like many people on this thread believe the worst about Clay but it's all stories that they have heard through the grapevine, it's not first hand experience.
    People who believe his version of everything don't have first hand experience either. They choose to believe Clay, that's their right, but a fan's opinion of a situation really doesn't hold very much more water than a non-fan's considering none of us knows Clay.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fan

It is impossible to have a real discussion about this topic because the forum rules don't allow links to youtube or blogs. The fact that Clay's stalker posted on his own blog, bragging that he once again screwed with Clay's reputation because he was the one that sent the AI visit and supposed ejection story to the National Enquirer (and a dozen other gossip sites, including Perez Hilton), posing as an AI "insider" It is going to be impossible to prove without links to the source, but nevertheless its a fact.

There is a huge disconnect between the real Clay Aiken and the one portrayed by the gossips. There is a reason why the 2 don't mesh and it isn't because Clay is Jekyll & Hyde. Many people say they don't like Clay because of these tabloid stories. A little critical thinking wouldn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by AllDone;3471070;
    It is impossible to have a real discussion about this topic because the forum rules don't allow links to youtube or blogs. The fact that Clay's stalker posted on his own blog, bragging that he once again screwed with Clay's reputation because he was the one that sent the AI visit and supposed ejection story to the National Enquirer (and a dozen other gossip sites, including Perez Hilton), posing as an AI "insider" It is going to be impossible to prove without links to the source, but nevertheless its a fact.

There is a huge disconnect between the real Clay Aiken and the one portrayed by the gossips. There is a reason why the 2 don't mesh and it isn't because Clay is Jekyll & Hyde. Many people say they don't like Clay because of these tabloid stories. A little critical thinking wouldn't hurt.
    He's not necessarily telling the truth either. He could be taking credit for something someone else did.
    I don't know why his story should be considered credible when he must have a screw loose to be a stalker in the first place.
    It might be a fact that he said it, that doesn't necessarily mean it's true.

You can post youtube keywords, so if someone wants to find the videos you're referring to they can. You just can't post a link to the videos.

I still remember reading at this site, "Clay isn't gay because he says he isn't and Clay doesn't lie", so a little critical thinking all round might be in order.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by AllDone;3471070;
    ...except that we know from past experience that the tabloids do sometimes get it right. Right?

That being said, I don't care about Clay enough to try and analyze whether this story is true. Yes, he has a nice voice, but frankly I'd rather light $29.99 on fire than use it to subscribe to his fan club. And I doubt Adam is worrying too much about what Clay thinks about his AI performance.

ETA: fluff, I see you beat me to the punch

You call it posting a support message..I call it having a different opinion that happens to be positive
    Last edited by srs_in_Oregon; 05-27-2009 at 04:42 PM.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;3471098;
    And I doubt Adam is worrying too much about what Clay thinks about his AI performance.
    Let's see now. Clay Aiken answered a question about what he thinks of AI and specifically Adam Lambert's singing (repeatedly) by his fans on his private fan club.

The stalker, who admits he paid the fee to join the fan club takes Clay's answer about what he thinks of AI and ROF, and sends a screen capture to Gawker, Perez etc etc.

Clay has the grace to clarify that he may not have enjoyed ROF but that as a person and an entertainer, he feels that Adam will be very successful and that Clay hears from those he trusts that Adam is a nice guy. Clay apologizes to Adam PUBLICLY for his choice of words.

The ever *cough* humble and *cough* gracious, Adam Lambert, slams Clay on a radio interview this morning to an audience of millions.

There goes the fallacy that Adam is the sweetheart that his fans have been shoving down our throats all week. A better man would have said that Clay was entitled to his opinion, but no, when asked what he thinks of the Clay Aiken Controversy he says: "I don't know what it was about. He's got some headlines now and he didn't before...so, you know...I'm happy to help him out."

As if Clay ever needed Adam for headlines. If Adam is reading here, I'd like to point out that Aiken can't even take a walk down the street without it being reported in the media. Clay's foot made more headlines than this. Adam blew his chance at taking the high road. Welcome to the storm that is going to be your life, Adam, you may have the attention now but will you be Blake 2.0 by this time next year or have the success and fame of Clay Aiken? You have a lot to learn.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 05-27-2009 at 08:41 PM.

+ Reply to Thread