+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Re: Clay Aiken

I don't care what possible reputable publication ran the story..there is no way clay went to the idol offices with the hopes of dueting with Adam..they are completely different artists, and clay knows that..he gave his opinion on one song and now its because obviously he is sad that Adam won't duet with him..please
    Last edited by srs_in_Oregon; 05-26-2009 at 08:34 PM.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

FORT Fan

said a show staffer
    The janitor is a show staffer. So is the Grip. If there were any truth to the story the so-called staffer would have been identified. Tabloids use this tactic, gossip columns use it.

The National Enquirer published this nonsense days before the bloggers and gossips. None of the reports mention that Clay took his son to meet some of the people he is friendly with on the Show. This was the first time that Clay and Parker were in California at the same time. It is illogical that Clay would take his baby son to chase after Adam for a duet. They both have management, which is how these things are negotiated. They don't just show up on each others turf to pitch an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by AllDone;3470387;
    They both have management, which is how these things are negotiated. They don't just show up on each others turf to pitch an idea.
    You often hear that artists have collaborated after meeting at a awards show or at an event held by an mutual friend or aquaintance.
    Sometimes the casual "we should work together" results in a collaboration.
    Representatives likely then work out the particulars, but it's not impossible that a project will spring from the artists.

I doubt a Clay/Adam collaboration is in the works no matter who pitched the idea. There's nothing in it for Adam.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3470497;
    There's nothing in it for Adam.
    You are correct. Clay is the sublime and Adam is the ridiculous. Adam would be a fool to put himself in that position.

Sure, if that's the way you want to look at it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by AllDone;3470500;
    You are correct. Clay is the sublime and Adam is the ridiculous. Adam would be a fool to put himself in that position.
    We'll just have to disagree on that one. Clay holds all the appeal of a wet diaper to me. Though I do agree, Adam has absolutely nothing to gain by collaborating with him.

I still believe Clay was just looking for attention, especially after being dumped by RCA recently.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

People need to check the facts, Clay was not dumped, sounds nice to those that do not like Clay Aiken. His 5 year contract was up. RCA wanted another Covers CD and Clay said NO, they could not come to terms.

Quote Originally Posted by redheadmiss;3470524;
    People need to check the facts, Clay was not dumped, sounds nice to those that do not like Clay Aiken. His 5 year contract was up. RCA wanted another Covers CD and Clay said NO, they could not come to terms.
    That sounds very much like it's Clay's version of how negotiations went down.
    "That's Numberwang!"

To the Point

Thanks redheadmiss, I had not heard the details. I had heard rumor of RCA wanting another cover album and I knew his contract was up, but I didn't know what had happened between the two things. And while only Clay and RCA, and their peeps, know exactly how everything transpired, I'm sure the truth is somewhere between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3470559;
    That sounds very much like it's Clay's version of how negotiations went down.
    Clays publicist said they walked away..it makes since that clays contract for cds were up and they all chose not to renew..I have just as much reason to believe clay and his publicist as I do to believe some no name who said he was dropped..even omwh sold more than many on rca's roster there is no reason for him to be dropped..

But then again, some people will always believe the worst..they say clay should speak up, and he speaks up and they don't believe him anyways
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

+ Reply to Thread