+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Re: Clay Aiken

Quote Originally Posted by AllDone;3468726;
    Tell that to Kanye West who is doing quite well for himself in spite of his attitude. The past Idols are Ghandi compared to many musicians and I won't take the time to list them.

I don't think past Idols owe the show any loyalty, particularly when the show has trashed them. Jennifer Hudson caught flak for not thanking AI when she won her Oscar, as she said at the time; "Should I also thank Burger King for my first job? Kelly got flak for the same thing when she won her Grammy. At what point do they reach emancipation from the bitchy monster that is AI?
    Seems like some of the past idols have done something wrong. What is wrong with thanking AI. None of them would have a career without AI. Carrie underwood seems to be the only one who is thankful.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3468874;
    I didn't read it that way either, however, I'm also not vested as an Adam fan. While I think Clay should be much more careful in how he words things, and certainly should have tempered anything he said regarding any specific contestants, I think way to much is being made of what was said.
    I don't see what good Clay did by making his statements.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

From Clay's original blog:

I think many voters got sick of being “told who to vote for”. I think many were turned off by the blatant favoritism shown towards one contestant

It isn't like Clay was the lone person to feel like this. If I had a blog, I would have written the same thing.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3469170;
    #1 Clay should not have been shooting his mouth off the way he did. He should know better, that everything in the media gets twisted around.
    #2 He did apologize, clarify what he meant.

#3 It's up to the public, whether you are fans or not of Clay, to discern what is true or not. In other words you cannot believe everything you read or hear.
    I have a feeling thats why he decided to sound like a cry baby in his blog.. attention.

You can say (as many people here have) Adam is not your cup of tea or you didnt like how he did a song or even, wasnt the best for me (for you-for me). But to say it made my ears bleed.. and then feel the need to clear up by saying that no blood didn't run form your ears (insert eye roll here).. Come on Clay, stop being a lil diva baby and stop looking for ways to get attention.
    Last edited by FireWoman; 05-26-2009 at 01:11 PM.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3469196;
    I have a feeling thats why he decided to sound like a cry baby in his blog.. attention.

You can say (as many people here have) Adam is not your cup of tea or you didnt like how he did a song or even, wasnt the best for me (for you for me). But to say it made my ears bleed.. and then feel the need to clear up by saying that no blood didn't run form your ears (inserty eye roll her).. Come on Clay, stop being a lil diva baby and stop looking for ways to get attention.
    Clay shouldn't even begin to talk about making ears bleed he made mine with his whiny singing.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AllDone;3468663;
    Clay said, in the original blog:

Absolutely on the money, Clay. You never had to even watch one minute of AI to know who was supposed to win. It was on every news channel, every talk show, every online and hard copy magazine, every entertainment blog, every other show including Oprah, O'Reilly and CNN. You couldn't avoid hearing Simon, Randy, Ryan and Paula telling America who should win. There were clips of Adam singing and occasionally a glimpse of some random other contestant who clearly doesn't deserve to be in the race. Kris who? Yeah that. The hype for Adam was beyond ridiculous. The people in Comas in the hospital knew that Adam should win. The Nomads in the Sahara couldn't escape it. Clay is right and 99% of his blog was about AI but the outpouring of hate for Clay isn't about that. Its because he didn't like ROF. Well neither did a lot of other people who were a lot crueler than Clay but let's bash him and spread rumors and tabloid lies about him, call him ugly and gay, say he has no talent and should just shrivel up and die because he dared to not go along with the show's anointed one.

I like this newly sassy Clay. To heck with all that polite humble crap. Kick that pedestal away Clay. Rock on my man.

Oh, in case anyone cares, Daughtry didn't like Adam either and didn't mind saying so in an interview. Likewise Elliott didn't appreciate Kris and didn't mind telling an interviewer that he found Kris too bland. Let's all race over and bash those pissy diva's for awhile. Who do they think they are for exercising their freedom of speech!

So Clay actually said that people found Adam arrogant and superior and found Kris humble and likeable? Which people was he talking to?

It is true, I will admit, that the judges consistently praised Adam to the Heavens and gave him the pimp spot, while usually hiding Kris in the middle of the lineup. But none of that was Adam's fault. He had no more control over TPTB's machinations than Kris did. In fact, he often looked mortified when they praised him to the detriment of other contestants.

I watched most of the season, and I never saw Adam act the least bit superior or arrogant. He was gracious, humble, thankful and respectful toward the judges and complimentary of the other contestants. In fact, he and Kris were similar in their attitudes if not in their performing styles.....which might be why they outlasted everyone else.

I actually saw Kris act a little pissy on Rock Night (when Gokey acted like an ass on their duet and Simon bussed him) and use his puppy-dog aw-shucks expressions to garner sympathy. Not that I blame him at all or think it was intentional; but it did end up working in his favor.

Just because Simon is an arrogant ass who pushed Adam on the viewers does not make Adam arrogant. This is where I think Clay was waaayyyyyy out of line, especially since he admits he didn't even watch the bloody show.

You can say (as many people here have) Adam is not your cup of tea or you didnt like how he did a song or even, wasnt the best for me (for you-for me). But to say it made my ears bleed.. and then feel the need to clear up by saying that no blood didn't run form your ears (insert eye roll here).. Come on Clay, stop being a lil diva baby and stop looking for ways to get attention.
    Simon said the same thing. My sister and I thought it was the worst Adam performance. I thought it was horrible, really bad, yuck, of course I am not a public figure.

Come on Clay, stop being a lil diva baby and stop looking for ways to get attention.
    I've never been able to stand him and his latest tantrum just seals the deal.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3469320;
    Simon said the same thing. My sister and I thought it was the worst Adam performance. I thought it was horrible, really bad, yuck, of course I am not a public figure.
    But Simon is PAID for his opinion and to be harsh.. we expect it and a lot of people like it. Simon also had wonderful things to say about Adam.. hell he saw all the performances. Clay admitted he only saw one.. again, bad move Clay way to look for attention.

I thought it was one of his best however... i loved it. I didn't like every one of his performances.. but none i would say ever made my ears bleed.. and if I siad that it did, no ones going to care.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Yikes! People actually PAY for this nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3465380;
    It is actually 29.95 per YEAR for the FAN CLUB, which I have yet to read of a free fan club for anyone. heres the link:ClayOnline - Join the Clay Aiken Official Fan Club

there are 3 levels, typical of most types of things like this. Not a charge to access the WEBSITE.

+ Reply to Thread