+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 180 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

FORT Newbie
    Hi, I would like to share this great news...

Double Platinum Recording Star Clay Aiken to Sing Deleted Mother-Son ALADDIN Ballad 'Proud of Your Boy'
    Friday May 7, 1:56 am ET
    Joins the Fantastic Magical Carpet Ride of Bonus Features in the Highly-Anticipated OCTOBER 5 First-Ever ALADDIN DVD Release!

BURBANK, Calif., May 7 /PRNewswire/ -- Mother's Day 2004 Announcement -- In celebration of Mother's Day, Walt Disney Home Entertainment today announces that popular recording artist Clay Aiken will perform the deleted song "Proud Of Your Boy" on the highly-anticipated 2-Disc Special Edition DVD debut of Disney's Academy AwardŽ-winning* animated classic ALADDIN. A moving ballad that Aladdin sings to his mother, the song was originally written for inclusion in the animated feature, but was not used. The exciting new Clay Aiken recording/music video will be released as a special bonus track on the 2-disc Aladdin Special Edition DVD which debuts October 5, 2004.

"Proud Of Your Boy" was part of an original storyline that was cut from the film's final version. The song provides greater insights into Aladdin's' personality and character and is especially poignant as it personifies every child's desire to make their mother proud. Recovered from the Disney vault, it is one of the last collaborations by Academy AwardŽ-winning composers Howard Ashman and Alan Menken, the famed songwriting team that also created the Academy AwardŽ-winning** music for the Disney animated films The Little Mermaid and Beauty and The Beast.

Clay Aiken's first album "Measure of a Man" is nearing sales of three million. The album had an extraordinary first week sales and debuted at No. 1 on The Billboard 200. It also includes Aiken's first single, "This Is the Night," which was the best-selling single of 2003. His current single release "Solitaire" also debuted at No. 1 on Billboard's Hot 100 Singles Sales chart and still remains on top.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Clay will be performing on the results show this Wednesday May 12th I can't wait to see OMC again
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Clay was absolutely amazing on last nights show. His voice is better than ever. It went very well with the four remaining contestants. Maybe Clay and LaToya could do a duet together someday
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Clay was just on Ryan Seacrest's show. Two fans had the chance to interview him. He was such a doll. I can honestly say that I miss seeing him on AI. This seasons contestants can't hold a candle to Clay, Kim, and Ruben

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Clay was just on Ryan Seacrest's show. Two fans had the chance to interview him. He was such a doll. I can honestly say that I miss seeing him on AI. This seasons contestants can't hold a candle to Clay, Kim, and Ruben
    I didn't know.

You are definitely right about this season on AI3 in comparison to AI2.

What did Clay basically talk about?

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I didn't know.

You are definitely right about this season on AI3 in comparison to AI2.

What did Clay basically talk about?

The girl basically thanked him for being such an inspiration to alot of people. She told him that when he sang, it made her cry. He apologized for it, but she told him it was a good thing that she cried when he sang. She also told him that during AI2 it was his essence that made people like him, and that took place from the first time he opened his mouth (pre-make over) He thanked her, hugged her, and autographed a t-shirt for her daughter.

According to RCA Records site Clay will be on Good Morning America on July 2.

PLATINUM SELLING STAR!! RUBEN_205's Avatar
    i don't know if any of you clay fans know this or not but i thought i'd mention it anyway. i just bought kimberley locke's new cd and she has a duet with clay aiken on it. the cong's called "without you" its a very good song and they sound wonderful together! you guys should check it out! i bet you'd enjoy it! (especially if you enjoy AI2)
    "This is wonderful, man. I've dreamed of being in this place my whole life and I'm finally here, and there is nothing better than being able to live out you dream." ~ Ruben Studdard
    MY FORT FRIEND IS ClayAiken#1Fan!!!!!
    I Love Ruben! The gospel-singing, taco bell eating victor of american idol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RUBEN_205
    i don't know if any of you clay fans know this or not but i thought i'd mention it anyway. i just bought kimberley locke's new cd and she has a duet with clay aiken on it. the cong's called "without you" its a very good song and they sound wonderful together! you guys should check it out! i bet you'd enjoy it! (especially if you enjoy AI2)

Thanks Ruben_205. Clay did sing the song with his back up vocalist during his tour. I'm guessing that it will sound much better with him and Kim.

Did anyone besides me see Clay perform the National Anthem at the "Nascar Nextel Cup Race in Dover" today? He did a fantastic job! They also showed him singing the tail end of "Measure Of A Man" prior to the anthem. I hni he was gonna perform at the race today or I would have posted it. He really did great! Hope you Clay fans caught it!

+ Reply to Thread