+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

FORT Fogey

Re: Clay Aiken

I really, really, REALLY liked Clay. I saw him 2x in concert and I can count on one hand how many concerts I've gone to in my life.

I loved his back story. I loved his evolution on the show. I loved his friendship with Ruben and Kimberly. I loved him on Jimmy Kimmel. I loved everything about him....until he because wierdly arrogant.

I didn't want to believe it, and I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a long time. Then, I received first-hand confirmation of his jerkiness....and my adoration went away as fast as it came.

I still think he is a fabulous singer, but that's where it ends, and I can't support a good voice if the person behind it is an arrogant you-know-what.

I didn't want to believe it, and I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a long time. Then, I received first-hand confirmation of his jerkiness....and my adoration went away as fast as it came.

I still think he is a fabulous singer, but that's where it ends, and I can't support a good voice if the person behind it is an arrogant you-know-what.
    I believe there are two sides to every story...clay has a side too..I dont think things went down completely the way that they were said to..and even if they did, I'm a clay fan..but I don't believe he is perfect..I believe just like me he can be upset and have bad days and get angry..I guess thats what keeps me a fan..I havent seen the overly diva side that people seem to see in him, if I did I probably wouldnt be a fan either..music is subjective and believe it or not, I dont expect everyone to like him There are people I think are super arrogant that are also super popular..so apparently I dont agree with the general public lol its ok
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3464767;
    I really never could stand the sight of him or understand his appeal, so I never was a fan either.

I always got the impression that he was very fake and not nearly as nice as people claimed him to be.
    I just got a vibe from him that he was capable of being very unnecessarily unpleasant.
    I would hope that someone writing something as scathing as the blog Clay wrote would have listened to more than one performance by Adam.

Clay Aiken sounds off on 'American Idol,' runner-up Adam Lambert - Yahoo! Canada News

I guess he never heard his own version of Grease.
    I still have nightmares.
    Ughh, Clay. *shudder* I couldn't stand either Ruben or Clay back in the day. That was one of the worst AI seasons I remember. Just horribly boring the whole time.

Looks like Clay here might be harboring some resentment toward Adam who, unlike Clay, was not afraid to be himself on AI and still got exactly as far as Clay did. And will probably go much, much further as an artist. That's got to sting.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

why is Clay Aiken charging $29.95/month for fans to access his website? Anybody here subscribers and is it worth it? I haven't followed Clay in a few years, but man, what happened to him? He's become some sort of hobgoblin. Anyways, my fave pic of him is the one where's he's behind a woman and grabbing her [mod edit] with a huge grin. Why do I like it? Because he still looked fresh and young and normal.
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 05-24-2009 at 07:04 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I do agree with Clay when he says that Adam was shoved down the viewers throats. It was ridiculous. I never realized how that "shove" could backfire. Simon's face, after the other kid won, told the whole story.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Fudatskee;3465326;
    why is Clay Aiken charging $29.95/month for fans to access his website? Anybody here subscribers and is it worth it? I haven't followed Clay in a few years, but man, what happened to him? He's become some sort of hobgoblin. Anyways, my fave pic of him is the one where's he's behind a woman and grabbing her t*ts with a huge grin. Why do I like it? Because he still looked fresh and young and normal.
    It is actually 29.95 per YEAR for the FAN CLUB, which I have yet to read of a free fan club for anyone. heres the link:ClayOnline - Join the Clay Aiken Official Fan Club

there are 3 levels, typical of most types of things like this. Not a charge to access the WEBSITE.

Ugh Clay

Yes its 29.95 a year,not 29.95 a month tmz reported.. there is also a 19.95 a month option, and most official fanclubs cost, that's where you get extra blogs and clay answers questions on his message board, and the about a week ago he posted an unreleased son..its stuff like that that makes it cost..and his is one of the least expensive fanclubs I've heard of..its worth it to me, but I'm a fan and enjoy reading his blogs and other stuff..if your not a fan its probably not worth it to you.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Too bad the thrust of Clay's original blog has been practically ignored. IMO, his words about the AI machine are right on. I cannot stand the pimpage I've seen and I hope America continues to decide who they prefer and not buy into the drooling and crying by some judges over any annointed person.

That said, yeah, Clay should have known better and kept his opinion about Adam's RoF performance to himself especially considering emotions are so raw right now. I'm happy to hear he has apologized to Adam.

....and, no, Clay Aiken isn't going anywhere. He has a strong fanbase who will continue to support him.

FORT Fogey

I think Clay is right to say that the judges (Simon) pushed Adam too hard. What I hate about Clay's comments, though, is that he implies Adam didn't deserve the praise. IMO he deserved every bit of it, even if it might have backfired.

Clay saw one performance by Adam, savaged it harshly and said nothing positive about him. Honestly, I think he is just jealous because Adam has a lot more star power (and a better voice) than Clay ever will. Also, Simon liked Adam....probably because he was not afraid to be himself.

+ Reply to Thread