+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Re: Clay Aiken

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3464715;
    That was pretty lame of him. I never was a fan, but that little idiotic rant has made me even less so.
    Well, I used to be one of his fans. But as time went on, I recovered from that lunacy...

He's entitled to his opinion, and he can put whatever he wants on his web site. That said, I think it was a really jack*ssy thing to say, considering that he'd be an obscure teacher singing in church or in community theater if it weren't for American Idol.

I might add that it's especially ironic that he would diss Adam, when Adam has more singing and performing talent in his little finger than Clay has in his whole body!

to Clay for that immature, "sour grapes" piece of nonsense!!

FORT Fan

I have held my tongue a long while...never liked Clay....I admired when he finally stopped living his many lies, and "came out"...but this is really below the belt

who cares what Clay thinks?>? He looks so weird and puffy, so much makeup and plastic surgery

I have read a lot of things about him, his "snarky" attitude, diva ways...he is NOT nice to what he thinks are "little people" IMHO

he had NO reason to open his pie hole like this...Adam is so much more talented than Clay could ever hope to be

the final arrogance?? his "best of" or "greatest hits" album....premature and ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3464718;
    I've not followed his career since he left the AI stage. I wasn't really a fan of his and so I know little about him.
    Are you saying that he's more than a Diva?
    I really never could stand the sight of him or understand his appeal, so I never was a fan either.

I always got the impression that he was very fake and not nearly as nice as people claimed him to be.
    I just got a vibe from him that he was capable of being very unnecessarily unpleasant.
    I would hope that someone writing something as scathing as the blog Clay wrote would have listened to more than one performance by Adam.

Clay Aiken is no fan of Adam Lambert.

The "American Idol" also-ran has blasted this season's runner-up on his website, mocking Lambert's rendition of "Ring of Fire" as "contrived," "awful" and "slightly frightening."
    Clay Aiken sounds off on 'American Idol,' runner-up Adam Lambert - Yahoo! Canada News

I guess he never heard his own version of Grease.
    I still have nightmares.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I wonder if Clay has a problem with Adam being comfortable with his sexuality? There was no reason for him to go on the attack like that. And he comes off looking like a idiot judging from channel surfing once. I really think it is jealousy at work here.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

The blog happened because clay was asked over and over what he thinks of Adam..he gave his answer on the one song that he had heard, and he clarified that he had only heard one song, he didn't say Adam was arrogant he said people may have perceived him so..have any of you actually read his blog or are you reading the chopped up version that is floating around the internet? He clarified that he only heard the one song..and ya know what? I had only heard the one song and had the same reaction to Adam before clay even said anything..clay has had nothing but great things to say about idol, even as recently as a few weeks ago..but he commented on how it has changed..and it has, many other people in blogs and articles have said the same thing..clay did not bash Adam, he commented on how he felt about one performance that he had heard because everyone was asking him what he thought..on the red carpet at the glaad awards, in the questions for clay section on his message board where he answers questions..did clay give up his right to have an opinion when he became a celebrity? Cause I'm sure I've heard other celebrities give their opinion on idol

Of course he knew that there would be fallout but clay has been mocked, made fun of, trashed and bashed ever since he stepped off the idol stage, I would give up holding my tongue too. Clay has never given his impression of a contestant, he has never bashed idol, he has always said he was happy of his time there..but people notice the one time he opens up..

I'm a clay fan because I like his music and I believe he is a good person, I completely appreciate his right to state his opinion even if he really doesn't like a person or musician that I like..he did not comment on Adam as a person, he had the same reaction to that performance that many other people did.
    Last edited by srs_in_Oregon; 05-22-2009 at 08:06 PM.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

I think it was highly ignorant of him to make a judgement on only having heard one song. Clay was never imo worthy of all the hype he was given. The last time I even heard anything about him has been years ago. I think his ego is way bigger than he is.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Graciousness is always more attractive than cattiness. He came across pretty ugly.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady;3464724;
    Well, I used to be one of his fans. But as time went on, I recovered from that lunacy...

He's entitled to his opinion, and he can put whatever he wants on his web site. That said, I think it was a really jack*ssy thing to say, considering that he'd be an obscure teacher singing in church or in community theater if it weren't for American Idol.

I might add that it's especially ironic that he would diss Adam, when Adam has more singing and performing talent in his little finger than Clay has in his whole body!

to Clay for that immature, "sour grapes" piece of nonsense!!
    I'm a recovering Clay fan. At the end of the day, I don't think many - if any - care if Clay is gay. It's his arrogance that turned me off a long time ago, and others are catching on.

He's had his day, and now I wish he would just go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3465003;
    I'm a recovering Clay fan. At the end of the day, I don't think many - if any - care if Clay is gay. It's his arrogance that turned me off a long time ago, and others are catching on.

He's had his day, and now I wish he would just go away.
    Lol I thought he had. I haven't seen him in years.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

well I guess its safe to say that I dont wish, or think he is going to go away..I enjoy listening to him, and at the end of the day thats the most important thing to me...there are enough people in the music industry, enough for everyone..I dont wish anyone would go away..not even the people I dont like, because I know other people like them..

clay has blogged apologizing to Adam for his comments, and his harsh, over negative words..he said that Adam is obviously very talented, has lots of fans and will be around a long time..

nope, he hasnt gone away..he was in spamalot last year, was on 30 rock a few weeks ago, put out a cd a year ago and is going into the studio in the near future..
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

+ Reply to Thread