+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

FORT Fan

Re: Clay Aiken

Broadway.com and many others joined forces on April 21, coming together for a Night At The Tavern, a benefit evening for New York-based advocacy group, the Family Equality Council.

Recording artist and Broadway alum Clay Aiken was honored at the upscale event, held at NYC landmark Tavern on the Green, while fellow vocalist and Broadway powerhouse Linda Eder provided a special performance to entertain guests and committee members.

The Family Equality Council, whose mission is to ensure equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered families by building community, advocating for acceptance and advancing social justice for all families, was founded in 1979 by a group of gay fathers, eventually expanding to encompass any member of the LGBT community.

In additional to honoring Aiken, A Night At The Tavern also presented Terry Boggis, director of Center Kids at New York’s LGBT Center with the Hostetter-Habib Family Award, raised funds through a silent auction and gave advocates a chance to mix and mingle for a worthy cause.

Clay Aiken, Linda Eder and More Hit Tavern for Family Equality, Photo OP: Broadway.com Buzz

FORT Fan

Just You, Clay Aiken
    Apr.26, 2009 in Hollywood

Just You, Clay Aiken

Clay Aiken emerges from the Byron & Tracey hair salon with a stylish new do on Saturday (April 25) in Beverly Hills, Calif.

The 30-year-old former American Idol contestant just shared an unreleased track called “Just You,” which was recorded around the time of his 2006 album A Thousand Different Ways. You don’t have to pay a penny for the track but Clay blogged:

CLAY AIKEN - “HONOR SYSTEM” - 04/24/09

What an interesting afternoon! You have kept my attention longer than I thought possible. If only my homework in high school had held my attention as long, huh?

Lots of interesting questions today and lots of energy. One question in particular got me (and Jaymes) to thinking. “Clay, will you ever record … Just You?”

Well folks… truth is.. . I did. Long ago. As a matter of fact It was one of the first songs we recorded for the album A Thousand Different Ways. It was recorded before the label asked me to do the album of cover love songs and before the budget was officially approved, so I actually paid for it myself. Then, as I recall, when the decision was made to do the cover album, the label opened a budget for the album, but it did not include reimbursing me for songs I had recorded that did not fit the concept. So, here I have had this song all along that, to my knowledge, I own the only copy of. What to do with it.. what to do? Well, this evening (with some encouragement from Jaymes) I decided…. let’s just give it to them. Why not? We do have plans (which we will tell you about eventually) to be back in the studio and record in the near future, but until then… you might as well get a bit of something you haven’t been able to hear in a while. “New” music.

Now… here’s the deal. I want to give it to you because you deserve it. You’ve stuck by me and been patient for a long time. But, also, I really have to give it to you. Since I didn’t write it or produce it, I can’t sell it to you… but I hate to encourage getting music for free. You all have always been SOOOO ethical when it has come to downloading music. I know my fans are probably some of the most scrupulous in the country and I believe that you never steal music. That said… We are gonna do this on the “honor system”… Go ahead…. download the song. It’s yours. Share it with your friends. It’s free. But… I want to make it count for someone… so let’s make it count for tens of thousands of children in the US with developmental disabilities If you can’t afford anything for it.. then don’t pay… but… if you can… I encourage you… I ask of you… that you make a donation to the Bubel/Aiken Foundation for how ever much you feel the song is worth. If you want to give $1… great. If you want to give $1000… GREAT… if you can only give $.05 … that’s fine too. It’s a tough time we’re living through nowadays, and non-profits are hurting more than ever as well. BAF (which will soon be known by a different name) has had amazing success in fulfilling it’s mission, and is embarking on a long term plan to continue including kids in every aspect of life. But, it will continue to need help from all of us in order to make that possible.

Consider this track a “charity recording” …. donate whatever you can or whatever you are willing to… and accept our thanks.

The song is for you…JUST YOU… from me.

c

Download here but donate at BubelAiken.org.

Just You, Clay Aiken | E! News Daily

FORT Fan

David Foster and Friends

Date: May 9th, 2009
    Price: $134.25, $81.75, $55.50

Back by popular demand, a concert celebration featuring music’s premier songwriter and producer David Foster will take place Saturday, May 9 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center. The event will pay tribute to the 15-time Grammy winner and will feature Clay Aiken, Philip Bailey from the chart-topping band Earth, Wind & Fire, Brian McKnight, Peter Cincotti and Oprah Winfrey’s protégé, Charice. Foster also will perform some of the hits he has written or produced during his 40-year musical career. The event is scheduled to begin at 8 p.m.

Las Vegas Event Calendar - Mandalay Bay - Entertainment Calendar Las Vegas

I wonder if they will do Lover All Alone since they wrote it together!
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AllDone;3411619;
    Are yThis is how he looked 2 weeks ago, hopefully the swelling from the TMJ surgery has subsided in his jaws. He doesn't need to lose any weight at all.
    I agree he doesn't look at all fat, and in that pic he looks like he's just come out of the TMJ surgery and is still doped up.

I think these pics look more like his normal self -- and I don't think he looks over 30, either.

Clay in LA

FORT Fogey

The boy's fashion sense is a mess.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3431272;
    The boy's fashion sense is a mess.
    I love him to death, but I have to agree with you. WTH is up with that outfit?? It's not the first trainwreck I've seen him wear either
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Agreed. That sweater is not flattering at all.

funny, clay will be the first person to tell you that he has no fashion sense..

apparently he doesnt care...

and since I wear pajamas to the grocery store I dont care either lol
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

me neither.
    i really get tired of people complaining about what others are wearing. personal style is subjective ...

+ Reply to Thread