+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Re: Clay Aiken

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3395904;
    Let's be honest. Clay has only three usable CDs for a 'Best of' CD. Christmas songs are never used on a 'Best of' CD.
    theres one on this one
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I agree that a "best of" cd is way premature. I really doubt that Clay has any say in this matter at all, this is RCA trying to cash in one last time. Pitiful.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by srs_in_Oregon;3395908;
    theres one on this one
    I view that as a great example of why this 'Best of' is premature.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3395909;
    I agree that a "best of" cd is way premature. I really doubt that Clay has any say in this matter at all, this is RCA trying to cash in one last time. Pitiful.
    According to the booklet, Clay is the producer of this CD.

He looked really good at the GLAAD Media Awards tonight. His jawline is still swollen from the TMJ surgery but that will subside eventually.

I may have missed this but what is "the TMJ surgery"? I can definitely see the swelling - that 2nd picture hardly looks like him.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by AllDone;3396143;
    According to the booklet, Clay is the producer of this CD.
    Well, then, I wonder if he was obligated to release another CD under the terms of the contract and this is what they agreed on.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;3397172;
    I may have missed this but what is "the TMJ surgery"? I can definitely see the swelling - that 2nd picture hardly looks like him.
    About TMJ Disease

The temporomandibular joint (TMJ) is located just in front of each ear, where the lower jawbone (mandible) connects to the skull. This "ball and socket" joint allows the jaw to move up and down, from side to side, and in complex circular motions. The TMJ helps people eat, swallow and speak, in addition to supporting the jaw.

TMJ function can be affected by disease (infection, rheumatoid arthritis), injury, general wear and tear, and congenital abnormalities (people who are born with a deformed TMJ). All these events can lead to potentially significant pain and difficulty in opening and closing the jaw.

Both the "ball" (condyle, or end of the jawbone) and the "socket" (articular fossa, formed by the surrounding temporal bone) can be affected. The small piece of cartilage that acts as padding between these bones (the disk) can also become damaged or displaced due to constant use or other conditions. When the TMJ components become damaged, causing the once smooth and lubricated joint to lose its flexibility and range of motion, this results in problems opening and closing the jaw, eating, speaking and other facial movements. Symptoms can include moderate to severe pain, and popping or grinding noises.

Over the past 20 years, total joint replacement surgeries have become a safer and more common option for those suffering with TMJ disease. As these surgeries have become more mainstream, a variety of prosthetic TMJ joints have been tried, tested and improved upon.

TMJ Disease - Diagnosis and Treatment Options at Mayo Clinic

Clay used to move his jaw around a lot, it got worse in the later years especially when he was talking he would stop and move his jaw from side to side, apparently that was due to the tmj, in some of the pictures you can see a definite bump on his jaw, Clay blogged about it when he had the surgery, so I expected it to be swolen, apparently it lasts awhile.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Thank you for the information AllDone I would think that's a pretty serious condition for someone who relies on the ability to open and close their mouth for their career. I hope there are no repercussions from that on his singing.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Ouch, that looks and sounds rather painful.

I'm not a fan of Clay's and honestly don't think he has a substantial enough body of work to even think about releasing a Greatest Hits C.D.
    It's rather laughable to me that one is being released.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread