+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 180 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

I wasn't able to go to the Chicago concert last night , but my sisters, Daughter-in-law, granddaughter and other friends went, and they said it was fabulous. The sound at the United center was good, that is a big surprize. My one sister who likes Clay, but is not like me about him, loved his "When Doves Cry". She said he did an excellent job on that song. Everyone said he sounds so much better live. The song "Without You" they said was beautiful. They all said it was a great concert. According to them Kelly's music was way too loud. I've read that many times through other post too. I don't know why she doesn't tone it down. No one enjoyed her because of that, even my granddaughter didn't like her, and Kelly was the main reason she wanted to go, (It's too bad because my one sister said she would have been really good if it wasn't for that music.)now my granddaughter is a converted Clay fan too.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Just wondering if anyone knows how Clay's single The Way/Solitaire was doing in sales. PM me if you know.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Fade to black
    I don't read much here anymore but saw combatcutie's post and thought I would share the answer with the 5 or 10 of you still reading here:

The top debut on the Hot 100 is Clay Aiken's version of the Neil Sedaka/Phil Cody song "Solitaire," which enters at No. 4. The bow was fueled solely by the single's performance at retail, as "Solitaire" sold 100,500 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. Last year, Aiken's "This Is the Night" entered the Hot 100 at No. 1 with sales of 393,000 copies in its first week.

The entire article can be found at billboard.com
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Just wondering if anyone knows how Clay's single The Way/Solitaire was doing in sales. PM me if you know.
    This is from RealityTVWorld...
    [mod snip - we don't allow this]
    Last edited by John; 05-07-2004 at 11:38 AM.

100,500 not bad considering this cd was not promoted like BOTW was. It was also hard to find. I called Best Buy, Circuit City, and 2 Coconut stores and none of these had it. Best Buy and Circuit City said they weren't going to carry it because it is a single and don't carry singles. I think they carried BOTW, so why wouldn't they carry his new Cd? One of the Coconut stores said they were getting them, but they were not in yet, and the other Coconut store said they were not getting it. this was 2 days after the release date. I finally found it at Costco.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Thanks Hazy and Mikealfred for sharing the info.

Not a bad number of copies seeing they didn't really promote this single. Good for Clay.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Yes, I made this myself Polymer's Avatar
    I was able to buy the CD at Wal-Mart 2 days ago, where they told me "you're lucky, this was the last one".

I thought my earlier order of Solitaire from back in November or December with Amazon would still be good, so I waited and when I didn't get a confirmation, I ordered again. So I just got my copy today. I was afraid I would be disappointed because I was not thrilled with the version he sang on AI two weeks ago, but the version on the single is fabulous. It deserves to me played on the radio and go to the top of the charts. This is the only song from his singles or album beside BOTW that I absolutely love.
    "Once more into the breach, dear friends!"

I thought Clay sang the same version only shortened a little for the AI show. Love the new version, but there are parts from the old version I like better. To be perfect I would like the old version for the first two minutes of the song and then the last three minutes for the new version. I loved his performance of Solitaire on AI a couple of weeks ago, but the cd does sound better. Can't wait to hear the song he sings with Kim Locke "Without You". He sings it with another person at his concert and they sound really good together. I hope Kim and him sound as good together.

I agree, Andrea. Everyday on my way to work I listen to my downloads of the old songs from his show and his former CDs. I do love the first version of Solitaire, but it was so short as to be almost frustrating. I way dying to hear the whole song because I had never heard it before. Anyway, I love the AI2 version and the new one.

I wonder if anyone else watches AI3 with the vain hope for a magic Clay-like moment.
    "Once more into the breach, dear friends!"

+ Reply to Thread