+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Re: Clay Aiken

No worries, combatcutie, I can't speak for AllDone but I certainly have no beef with you! I too could care less what he does in his personal life -- but I fear many of his fans do.

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;3160966;
    No worries, combatcutie, I can't speak for AllDone but I certainly have no beef with you! I too could care less what he does in his personal life -- but I fear many of his fans do.
    Personally, I could not care less about his personal life, but... I think Parker Aiken is quite a moniker to saddle on a child. It could be worse.. but there's just something so harsh about the repetitive k sounds.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alldone
    If tabloids tell a hundred lies and rumors a week and some of it turns out to be true, does that mean that we should assume that they are a reliable source of news?

Of course not.

Sushifan, the tabloids sometimes do get a story right, but they often get part or all of a story wrong too. (FWIW, the tabloids got part of the John Edwards story right, but their claim that he's the father of his campaign worker's child has not been substantiated, Edwards says the affair ended too long ago for that to be possible, and another guy claims to be the father.) They have been blatantly wrong in many of their claims about celebs -- sometimes even having to pay big bucks for libel -- and in many other cases, their claims are simply never proven nor disproven. A source that's sometimes right but often wrong is, by definition, not a reliable source.

The media reports about Jaymes Foster's pregnancy and her relationship with Clay have contained many errors and many misleading statements.
    Last edited by Ellender; 08-10-2008 at 05:34 AM.

Combatcutie, I don't see why Jaymes Foster's using IVF to achieve pregnancy should be taken as evidence of anything whatsoever about her relationship with the father of her child. In vitro fertilization is used by single women and married couples alike, because of concerns about fertility, the mother's health, and the viability of the offspring. Jaymes is about 50 and would very probably have gone the IVF route even if she were married to the father of the child.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellender;3161656;

Sushifan, the tabloids sometimes do get a story right, but they often get part or all of a story wrong too. (FWIW, the tabloids got part of the John Edwards story right, but their claim that he's the father of his campaign worker's child has not been substantiated, Edwards says the affair ended too long ago for that to be possible, and another guy claims to be the father.) They have been blatantly wrong in many of their claims about celebs -- sometimes even having to pay big bucks for libel -- and in many other cases, their claims are simply never proven nor disproven. A source that's sometimes right but often wrong is, by definition, not a reliable source.

The media reports about Jaymes Foster's pregnancy and her relationship with Clay have contained many errors and many misleading statements.
    Didn't Clay himself say the mother of the baby was his "dear friend" Jaymes? Is there any doubt that this relationship is platonic and not romantic in nature? Has Clay said anything -- anything at all -- that leads you to believe this baby was conceived by sexual intercourse?

I don't know why some Clay fans are so embittered against the media, I really don't. Lots of people get "bad" press; it's part and parcel of being a celebrity. (Again, at the risk of hurting my head from banging it against the wall one more time, I don't understand why media questioning of his sexual orientation is considered "bad" -- there's nothing wrong with being gay!) The simple fact is that Clay isn't as popular as certain other AI finalists and therefore hasn't enjoyed as much commercial success or critical acclaim. It's not a media conspiracy. But feel free to go on thinking it is -- it's a free country

FORT Fogey

Clay is getting the press he has asked for. By not declaring his sexuality as of late, he is asking for continued speculation. Whether or not it's any one else's business is irrelevant. It's natural for people to speculate.

I'd have more respect for him if he would just be honest with the public - one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3163253;
    I'd have more respect for him if he would just be honest with the public - one way or another.
    Oh Jexter :nono ... you're going to start off the same old debate with that comment. "He HAS been honest... he's said he's straight".. blah blah blah.

Silly you.

FORT Fan

Clay Aiken Returns As 'Sir Robin' In Spamalot 9/19- 1/4

Tuesday, August 12, 2008; Posted: 5:54 PM - by BWW News Desk

Clay Aiken will return to the scene of his triumphant Broadway debut in the Tony Award-winning Best Musical, Monty Python's SPAMALOT this Fall. Clay's debut on Broadway earlier this year was met with wild enthusiasm from both his legion of fans and the New York press. He will reprise the role of 'Sir Robin ' at the Shubert Theatre from September 19 2008 - January 4 2009.

When he made his Broadway debut in SPAMALOT at the beginning of this year, Newsday said "Aiken is a charmer" and the Associated Press said that "Clay Aiken deftly handles supremely silly."

Clay Aiken became a music superstar following his success on the "American Idol" television series, and has sold more than six million albums; co-authored a best-selling book; and, played six sold-out concert tours. He said "Since leaving SPAMALOT in May, jokes have just not been funny. Food has lost its taste. The grass is no longer green -- the sky no longer blue. And, babies WON'T stop crying!! I'm so excited about coming back to the funniest show in the world!"

This spring, Aiken released his fourth album, On My Way Here, his first album of original songs since his 2003 chart topping, double platinum debut Measure of a Man. On My Way Here's debut in Billboard Magazine's Top 5 continued his streak of all four of his albums having debuted in the Top 5.

Clay Aiken Returns As 'Sir Robin' In Spamalot 9/19- 1/4 (BroadwayWorld.com)

FORT Fan

This was translated from a Korean Newspaper by a fan today.

The multinational music label Sony/BMG and MBC TV jointly released the album 'Super Hero' to give tribute to Korean athletes and to wish their best performances on the Olympics.

19 famous pop stars including American Idol season2 runner-up Clay Aiken, 2007 Grammy winner John Mayer, Scorpions, Alan Parsons Projet, Backstreet Boys gave their songs to 'Super Hero' album wishing luck to Korean team who participate in 2008 Beijing Olympics.

Sony/BMG executives said, "In order to find appropriate songs for the Olympics, we have gotten recommendations for songs from online users who love pop and executives from major label under Sony/BMG around the world for a long time. In that process,19 famous artists allowed their songs to be featured in this album" explaining how the songs were put together for the album. He added "Therefore, this album is meaningful as artists from all around the world tribute their songs for Korean team. There are many excellent pieces in the album so I dare say that this is the best compilation album yet."

In this 'Super Hero' album, Clay Aiken's 'On My Way Here', was already used in the promo for MBC Olympics broadcasting and during medal ceremony coverage.

Tracklist

1. On My Way Here (Clay Aiken)
    2. Make Some Noise (Krystal Meyers)
    3. Sleepless (Until June)
    4. Still Fighting It (Ben Folds)
    5. Something That I Already Know (Backstreet Boys)
    6. Ready To Fly (Amy Pearson)
    7. Here'S To The Heroes (Mario Frangoulis)
    8. Angel (Sarah Mclachlan)
    9. Bottle It Up (Sara Bareilles)
    10. Stamp Your Feet (Donna Summer)
    11. The Great Escape (Boys Like Girls)
    12. Unbreakable (Fireflight)
    13. Over You (Daughtry)
    14. Say (John Mayer)
    15. I Don'T Want To Be (Gavin Degraw)
    16. Right Now (Sr-71)
    17. The Game Of Life (Scorpions)
    18. Don'T Stop Believin' (Journey)
    19. Sirius (Alan Parsons Project)
    YES24 - 대한민국 대표 인터넷*점[음반]
    Last edited by Mantenna; 08-13-2008 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Add link

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;3161771;
    Didn't Clay himself say the mother of the baby was his "dear friend" Jaymes? Is there any doubt that this relationship is platonic and not romantic in nature? Has Clay said anything -- anything at all -- that leads you to believe this baby was conceived by sexual intercourse?
    Who said the baby was conceived by sexual intercourse? Apparently, in vitro fertilization was used. I haven't read that confirmed by Clay or Jaymes or their families, but it makes perfect sense given Jaymes's age -- no matter who the father was or what sort of relationship they have.

All I'm saying is that the use of IVF doesn't say anything about the interpersonal relationship between the mother and the father. Married couples use it too - probably more often than single people do - when they are concerned about infertility or potential problems the mother might have avoiding miscarriage or other complications.

I don't know why some Clay fans are so embittered against the media, I really don't. Lots of people get "bad" press; it's part and parcel of being a celebrity. (Again, at the risk of hurting my head from banging it against the wall one more time, I don't understand why media questioning of his sexual orientation is considered "bad" -- there's nothing wrong with being gay!)
    The entertainment media are unfair to lots of celebrities. Beyond that, the regular "news" media twist, distort, and slant their coverage of all sorts of things (e.g., government and politics). That doesn't make it right.
    As far as I'm concerned, it's not the media's business who's gay and who isn't, and the more they try to pry, to make "scandals" where there are none, to make being gay into a joke or something horrible, etc., the less respect I have for them.
    Clay is an entertainer. And now he's a father too. Why must we speculate about his private personal life, beyond what he's told us. He and Jaymes are apparently not married and are "dear friends." He didn't say "platonic," and maybe that's as far as it goes, but why should we add that to his statement?

The simple fact is that Clay isn't as popular as certain other AI finalists and therefore hasn't enjoyed as much commercial success or critical acclaim. It's not a media conspiracy. But feel free to go on thinking it is -- it's a free country
    Straw man, that "media conspiracy" thing.
    Nobody denies that Clay's not in the main spotlight, as Idols go, right now, or that a handful of AI grads -- most notably Carrie and Kelly -- have had more commercial success and/or critical acclaim.
    Not really sure what that's got to do with Clay's becoming a father or with his having been asked to return to the cast of Spamalot this fall and winter.
    And it really doesn't have a lot to do with his latest album, except that, admittedly, it hasn't been a big seller so far. (Clay also hasn't really done much to promote it except for a couple weeks in May.) Several of the songs are available to hear and listen to on AOL Sessions Live online. People can decide for themselves how much they like or don't like the songs.

+ Reply to Thread