+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Re: Clay Aiken

I'd say heaping more trash on top of trash doesn't change anything....it's still trash.
    It's hilarious where these tabloids...the magazine, tv and internet variety...get their "sources". The thing is they don't have sources...they just make s*** up.
    I don't believe anything that's in them.

graycat Exactly!

paridy I like the color, but I think he straightens it too much sometimes.
    Last edited by burntbrat; 06-13-2008 at 12:33 AM.

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

^^
    You are so right, French Dip and graycat.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo;3052767;
    The source is In Touch, whether that's good or bad, you decide.

Celebrity news and entertainment from In Touch Weekly
    Well, a magazine or blog isn't a very specific "source." Who knows who the person or persons are who provided the story that In Touch published? Who knows what credibility, if any, they would have?

As far as I'm concerned, when "information" is attributed to unnamed "sources" or "insiders" it's no more than rumor and may even be made up of whole cloth.

The In Touch blurb may have helped set the record straight about "advanced IVF" being the method used, but most of what they said leaves huge questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by In Touch
    ... In Touch can reveal he wants another! ... Clay and Jaymes used advanced IVF therapy to conceive, and the insider reports that they’ve already frozen eggs and sperm so they can have a second baby next year. “Jaymes is due in August, so she’d like to conceive again next March,” the insider says. ... The insider adds that Clay and Jaymes were hoping for twins so that they wouldn’t have to go through the intense procedure for a second time. “Clay and Jaymes are committed to having at least two children,” the insider says. “They’re both incredibly successful and wealthy, so money is certainly no object. And he just adores children. He is going to make a wonderful and caring father. There’s no doubt about that.” ...
    Wonder who that "insider" might be. Could even be that guy the tabloids call Clay's "friend" who "hopes to be godfather to" the baby?

Quote Originally Posted by In Touch
    ...Clay is passionate about helping kids with developmental disabilities. “I think all of us have a higher purpose for what we are doing,” he says. “I’m just doing what I had always planned on doing — teaching and helping children.”
    HUH?
    We're supposed to believe Clay gave an interview to In Touch?

I've been watching these AOL Sessions videos again. I think Clay sounds really good on them, and I love the songs Where I Draw The Line, Everything I Don't Need, and Ashes. I wish Clay were a little more animated. He actually moved more on Idol and in some earlier videos, so I don't know why he pretty much just stands there this time. But he looks and sounds great.

I've read that the lead single, the title track from OMWH, is in the top 30 per Mediabase and climbing. Since they're targeting AC stations the climb will probably be slow but AC playlists don't drop songs any more quickly than they add them. I also hope RCA will release a second single in the next couple months. Ashes or Fallin would be my pick. Something that's different from Clay's other singles.

Has anyone heard the bonus song on the Walmart version?
    It's called "Forget I Ever Knew You".
    That is a good song....and should have been included on the regular CD. I think that one would make a good single. But I also love "Falling". Sounds a little like a Backstreet Boys song.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ellender;3053330;
    I've been watching these AOL Sessions videos again. I think Clay sounds really good on them, and I love the songs Where I Draw The Line, Everything I Don't Need, and Ashes. I wish Clay were a little more animated. He actually moved more on Idol and in some earlier videos, so I don't know why he pretty much just stands there this time. But he looks and sounds great.

The AOL Sessions are pretty much blocked that way to make it easier to record the performances without the camera having to follow the artist all over the place. If you look at other artist's Sessions, they do the same thing. Standing at the mic or sitting on the stool front and center is standard.

AllDone, thanks for explaining that. It makes sense.

french dip, I heard the Wal-Mart bonus song (FIEKY) once and I liked it better than some of the regular CD tracks and a lot more than the bonus track on the iTunes version (It's In Every One Of Us). It's also very distinctive, does not sound like anything else on the CD, so I agree it should have been a regular track, not just Wal-Mart. I'd like to have the song but I had already bought the iTunes version and one CD, so I couldn't see paying $14 more to WM just for that one song.

Oh, and the last I heard, On My Way Here was #27 on Mediabase (but I'm not sure if that was their AC chart or an overall chart).
    It's not my favorite song on the album but I like it as well as I do most stuff I hear on AC radio.

FORT Fan

Some fans spotted Clay with Jamie at Spamalot in NYC on Sunday night. It was his friend Hannah Waddingham's last night as Lady of The Lake.

For those people that wanted him to change his hair, he isn't blond any more. They say his hair was brown.

Clay's video of "Ashes" is # 9 on Billboard.com right now (video downloads)

Billboard.com - Charts - Hits of the Web

FORT Fan

Clay is in Somalia!

Clay Aiken appeals for world attention on Somalia

By Guled Mohamed 2 hours, 57 minutes ago

HARGEISA, Somalia (Reuters Life!) - Clay Aiken appealed on Wednesday for the world not to forget Somalia, where conflict and hunger have created one of the world's worst humanitarian crises.

Aiken said U.S. and international interest in Somalia had been minimal since failed military intervention in the early 1990s.

"There hasn't been much discussion of Somalia since the early 1990s in the U.S.," said Aiken, a U.N. goodwill ambassador, on a visit to Somalia. "The American population kind of got a bad taste of Somalia in the early 90's and hasn't really had much interest in the country since."

Somalia has suffered relentless civil conflict since the 1991 toppling military dictator Mohamed Siad Barre.

In the latest cycle of violence, an Islamist-led insurgency against the Somali government and its Ethiopian military advisers since the start of 2007 has killed thousands and made one million people homeless.

"It's the most dangerous place for a child to be," Aiken said. "In the lower part of the country, southern part, I feel it's a more desperate situation than any place we've ever been."

Clay Aiken appeals for world attention on Somalia - Yahoo! News

FORT Fan

Travel Warning
    United States Department of State
    Bureau of Consular Affairs
    Washington, DC 20520

This information is current as of today, Wed Jun 25 2008 12:31:24 GMT-0400 (EDT).

SOMALIA

May 20, 2008

This Travel Warning updates information on the unsettled security situation in Somalia and continues to urge American citizens not to travel to the country. This supersedes the Travel Warning of November 13, 2007.

The Department of State warns U.S. citizens against all travel to Somalia, including the self-proclaimed “Republic of Somaliland,” since there is no U.S. Embassy or other U.S. diplomatic presence in Somalia. Consequently, the U.S. Government is not in a position to assist or effectively provide services to U.S. citizens in Somalia.

Kidnapping, murder, illegal roadblocks, banditry, and other violent incidents and threats to U.S. citizens and other foreigners can occur in many regions. Inter-clan and inter-factional fighting flares up with little warning. Unpredictable armed conflict among rival militias is prevalent in southern Somalia, particularly in and around Mogadishu, which has resulted in the deaths of hundreds of Somali nationals and the displacement of nearly one million people. In December 2006, Ethiopian military forces entered Somalia in support of the Somali Transitional Federal Government. The continuing Ethiopian military presence and support for the Transitional Federal Government has heightened tensions among rival political and clan factions within Somalia.

Somalia

+ Reply to Thread