+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Re: Clay Aiken

I believe Clay will play an active role in his child's life because:

1. He loves children

2. He knows what it feels like to grow up without a father figure, he wouldn't let that happen to a child of his

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;3033372;
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy in SD
    they're just choosing to frame it according to what they already believe about Clay
    I'd say you're doing the same thing, Sandy.
    Actually, I'm not framing it any particular way except to say that we don't know the facts behind this story (nor do we know the reality of Clay's, or most other celebrities', private lives).
    I don't have any great need to know these things. But I don't assume that I do know them.
    How many young, straight, Christian men do you know who choose to start a family by artificially inseminating a much older woman?
    How would you or I know? But I'll bet there are some. Because not all Christians believe that it's a sin for a single woman to bear (or adopt) and raise a child. Because a lot of Christian men, if they were going to help out a platonic woman friend in a situation like this would do it via AI or IVF (which is a better choice for a woman in her 50s) instead of having sex with her over and over on the chance that she would get pregnant.

(BTW, from the reports I've seen and read, nobody's saying that Clay is trying to "start a family," anyway. They say Jaymes Foster is starting one and that Clay is allegedly the sperm donor and he will "be involved in" the child's life. They don't say anything about him planning to be part of the household.)

Anyway, we don't know that Clay is the sperm donor for Jaymes's pregnancy. So far, it's tabloid rumor with conflicting reports -- none of them from Jaymes or Clay or their representatives -- about the facts.
    And I get that you're upset, but respectfully ... it's a message board, not a court of law. (Last I checked, anyway ) Everyone is entitled to her opinion.
    No quarrel there. When did I ever indicate I was upset?
    kiss

Oh, and I didn't tell anyone to "lighten up" as such. What I said was:
    At the very least, maybe we should lighten up on the analysis of implications until we know what's true and what isn't about what are now just rumors.
    In other words, it's premature to be analyzing what the facts mean about Clay's and Jaymes's character, lifestyle, future plans, etc., or what it will mean for Clay's career until we have a better idea what those facts are.
    Last edited by Sandy in SD; 06-02-2008 at 03:53 PM.

BTW, there's a new video up at that video site we're not allowed to link to, that shows Clay leaving the Ford Theatre last night, after performing for the President and First Lady. One of the paparazzi gets right up in his face and keeps bugging him about the "daddy" story, and Clay kind of pulls a Johnny Depp move. It's kind of blurry after the camera gets right in his face, but I think somebody's camera might need repair.

The title is "Clay Aiken Punches TMZ Reporter." However, it does not show Clay punching anyone, and people who were there say he did not punch the reporter, he just shoved the camera away.
    Last edited by Sandy in SD; 06-02-2008 at 04:39 PM.

It would be one thing if these two had been seen as a couple at all before this. They haven't. They are friends. Why would the fact that Clay chose to help out a friend lead ANYONE to think that he wants to participate as the father (especially in light of a complete absence of response from Clay himself --- wouldn't this be an EASY thing to confirm ... a HAPPY thing to confirm, if he did want to be "daddy.")

I find it noble that he's helping out a friend in this way. I find it flabbergasting that people have assumed (completely by speculation) that he wants to be a participatory dad. I don't think this says anything regarding which magazine he reads, nor should it. That shouldn't be an issue at all. I just don't understand the rush to "defend" him, when those of us not assuming he's going to be active are not saying that as an attack at all.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3033651;
    I believe Clay will play an active role in his child's life because:

1. He loves children

2. He knows what it feels like to grow up without a father figure, he wouldn't let that happen to a child of his
    Jaymes and Clay have been friends and working together since at least 2005. My guess is that he will play an active role (maybe godfather or something like that) in the child's life whether he's the biological father or not, at least as long as he is close to Jaymes. As for "assuming" that, I'm not. The "news" reports stated that Clay does plan to be involved in the child's life. They may or may not be accurate, about that and about anything else.

But being part of the household, being the child's legal parent, that's a different thing. And not even the "news" reports have said that Clay and Jaymes plan to live as a couple and raise the child as mother and father. They portray it as Jaymes Foster having a child, with Clay being the sperm donor.
    Last edited by Sandy in SD; 06-02-2008 at 04:26 PM.

Shoving a paparazzo and refusing to comment on the Jaymes story are not going to help Clay in terms of public relations. Anyway, my guess is that Clay will never issue a statement on the "daddy/sperm donor" issue. That seems to be his M.O., and it's certainly his prerogative. But it also means that everyone is left to guess at (1) the veracity of various aspects of the story; and (2) what it means regarding his personal life and hopes for a family. I personally believe that his silence on a story like this means that some measure of it is true -- I don't know how much.

On a separate note, I strongly believe, based upon close observation of his non-verbal behavior during interviews where he was asked about his sexual orientation (I read cues like this as part of my profession, in case that lends me any more credibility ), that he is not heterosexual. If it is true that he provided sperm so that Jaymes might be artificially inseminated, then this would further confirm my views. Obviously some of you disagree -- vigorously -- with my viewpoint. That's great, but what troubles me is the implication I see in some of these posts that Clay has to be "defended" from "accusations" that he is (a) going to be an involved parent figure, (b) not going to be an involved parent figure, or (c) that he is not heterosexual. While I'm not the biggest Clay Aiken fan out there, I truly do support the guy in doing whatever -- and whomever -- he'd like to do. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other whom he selects as a life partner, if he selects one, and what if any children he chooses to parent. I wish him success and happiness in his chosen path in life.

Yes, we're just talking about being a parent to the child, not a partner to Jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;3034024;
    Shoving a paparazzo and refusing to comment on the Jaymes story are not going to help Clay in terms of public relations.
    Well, judging from the responses over at the nameless video site, I'm not so sure of that.
    He wouldn't be the first celeb to stand up rather assertively, even aggressively, to pesky paparazzi, and the ones who do seem to survive in terms of public approval.

Still, we can't tell from that blurry video whether Clay shoved, hit, elbowed, or did what to the photographer, much less who initiated whatever physical contact there was.

Anyway, my guess is that Clay will never issue a statement on the "daddy/sperm donor" issue. That seems to be his M.O., and it's certainly his prerogative. But it also means that everyone is left to guess at (1) the veracity of various aspects of the story; and (2) what it means regarding his personal life and hopes for a family.
    Or they could just accept that they don't know and don't really need to.
    I personally believe that his silence on a story like this means that some measure of it is true -- I don't know how much.
    Well, apparently it's true that Jaymes is pregnant and it's definitely true that she and Clay have had a close relationship for several years. That much is true.
    There's no logical or objective reason to believe any more of it is true, since the media (especially sources like TMZ) have been known to report things that were made up of whole cloth, or to just plain get the facts wrong, before.

If it is true that he provided sperm so that Jaymes might be artificially inseminated, then this would further confirm my views [that he is not heterosexual].
    Again, in any logical or objective sense it would confirm no such thing. It's already been explained why a woman might choose IVF or AI as a method of conception, no matter what the sexual orientation of the sperm donor.
    If you choose to believe Clay is gay, fine, but this story, even if true, is in no way evidence of that.

Are you seriously suggesting that, if a man wanted to help a platonic female friend conceive, he should have sex with her instead of donating sperm via AI or IVF? A lot of people take sexual relations more seriously than that.

what troubles me is the implication I see in some of these posts that Clay has to be "defended" from "accusations" that he is (a) going to be an involved parent figure, (b) not going to be an involved parent figure, or (c) that he is not heterosexual.
    Not sure who you think feels that way. I certainly don't.
    I just don't like to see conclusions jumped to that aren't warranted by the facts. No matter who the target of the story is.

For the moment, I'm thrilled that Clay was one of a select few performers invited to perform at Ford's Theatre for the President. Bravo, Clay!

I am also hoping some of the tracks from OMWH will get airplay and that the album will continue to be available in stores so that it can keep selling steadily, even if slowly.

Someone suggested the "babygate" ( Everything's a "gate" these days ) story was a publicity stunt to boost the sales of Clay's new album. If so, it's not an effective one, because a) the media reports don't even mention Clay's new album and b) there don't seem to be many copies of the album in the stores for casual shoppers to notice even if Clay's name was on their minds.
    Last edited by Sandy in SD; 06-02-2008 at 06:49 PM.

Oh, and graycat, just to avoid confusion, this latest story is about Jaymes (Foster), who has worked as Clay's music producer for at least a year or two, not Jamie, who is his cousin (by marriage) and hairstylist.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy in SD;3033857;
    not all Christians believe that it's a sin for a single woman to bear (or adopt) and raise a child.
    With all due respect, the 'Nuclear Family' is at the very core of Christian belief.

+ Reply to Thread