+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Quote Originally Posted by Fudatskee;3029219;
    that's creepy being a sperm-donor. Kinda reminds me of Jacko's nurse bearing his children.
    Jaymes's situation sounds a lot more like Melissa Etheridge's and Julie Cypher's. For somewhat different reasons, the women went the IVF route - having an egg fertilized outside the womb and then implanted. Melissa and Julie chose their friend David Crosby instead of an anonymous sperm bank donor, and that's not all that unusual. Sometimes people want a personal connection to the sperm donor and they may also choose a donor based on attributes (such as musical talent or high intelligence or athleticism) that he displays.
    Melissa and Julie chose IVF instead of AI so that both women could be "biological mothers" to the twins. One was the egg donor, the other carried the twins and gave birth to them. Jaymes Foster probably did IVF (and our sloppy "news" media are too ignorant or lazy to know or find out the difference?) because of her age.
    The point is, the women's choosing IVF does not necessarily say anything about the sexuality of the sperm donor. Even married couples often use IVF to conceive.

If Jaymes Foster is really 50 (some reports say she's 44), it's most likely she used in-vitro fertilization (IVF), not artificial insemination, to conceive - for very good reason. The odds against a woman of 50 conceiving via either intercourse or artificial insemination are very, very high. If her eggs are "harvested" and then fertilized in a petrie dish, those odds increase substantially. This is the method often used even by much younger women who have infertility problems.
    So there's nothing weird or "creepy" about her not trying to get pregnant "the old-fashioned way" even if she's just nearing 45, but especially if she's 50.
    That choice says nothing about whether or with whom she has sex. This is about conceiving a viable embryo to implant in her uterus.

That said, I'll wait for confirmation of the story by Clay or Jaymes before talking about their relationship.
    Last edited by Sandy in SD; 05-31-2008 at 04:36 AM.

Re: Clay Aiken

As to some actual hard news, check this out!

2008 Audience Award Winners Announced: Young Frankenstein Tops List of Fan Faves, Broadway.com Buzz
    2008 Audience Award Winners Announced: Young Frankenstein Tops List of Fan Faves
    by Broadway.com Staff

<snip>

In the categories honoring long-running shows, Spamalot came out on top, winning Favorite Long-Running Broadway Show as well as prizes for replacement stars Clay Aiken and Hannah Waddingham.

I thought Hannah's name was Waddington, but anyway CONGRATULATIONS to both Clay and Hannah on being chosen Favorite Replacement Stars and helping Spamalot win the Long-Running Broadway Show award!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy in SD;3031350;
    Jaymes's situation sounds a lot more like Melissa Etheridge's and Julie Cypher's. For somewhat different reasons, the women went the IVF route - having an egg fertilized outside the womb and then implanted. Melissa and Julie chose their friend David Crosby instead of an anonymous sperm bank donor, and that's not all that unusual. Sometimes people want a personal connection to the sperm donor and they may also choose a donor based on attributes (such as musical talent or high intelligence or athleticism) that he displays.
    Melissa and Julie chose IVF instead of AI so that both women could be "biological mothers" to the twins. One was the egg donor, the other carried the twins and gave birth to them. Jaymes Foster probably did IVF (and our sloppy "news" media are too ignorant or lazy to know or find out the difference?) because of her age.
    The point is, the women's choosing IVF does not necessarily say anything about the sexuality of the sperm donor. Even married couples often use IVF to conceive.

If Jaymes Foster is really 50 (some reports say she's 44), it's most likely she used in-vitro fertilization (IVF), not artificial insemination, to conceive - for very good reason. The odds against a woman of 50 conceiving via either intercourse or artificial insemination are very, very high. If her eggs are "harvested" and then fertilized in a petrie dish, those odds increase substantially. This is the method often used even by much younger women who have infertility problems.
    So there's nothing weird or "creepy" about her not trying to get pregnant "the old-fashioned way" even if she's just nearing 45, but especially if she's 50.
    That choice says nothing about whether or with whom she has sex. This is about conceiving a viable embryo to implant in her uterus.

That said, I'll wait for confirmation of the story by Clay or Jaymes before talking about their relationship.
    I believe that Jaymes is in her late 40s and there is nothing at all that creeps me out about a woman at her age going to great lengths to have her first and only baby. And picking out a baby daddy with his looks and voice - doesn't seem so dumb to me.

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm;3029681;
    Isn't this odd?

I would think Clay would want to wait to have children with the woman that he marries..the woman of his dreams...the woman he wants to spend the rest of his life with, and raise a family?
    Yes. This is exactly why most people who hear this news take it as further confirmation that he does not expect to get married to the woman of his dreams . . . or any other woman, for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by azalea;3032146;
    I believe that Jaymes is in her late 40s and there is nothing at all that creeps me out about a woman at her age going to great lengths to have her first and only baby. And picking out a baby daddy with his looks and voice - doesn't seem so dumb to me.
    Seems incredibly horrific to me. The one thing the boy does NOT have is looks although I'm willing to acknowledge that many of you think he has a great voice. Seems to me that Jaymes has access to many men with far greater looks and talent than Clay. I'd say that their friendship is what ultimately led to his role as baby daddy.

Sushifan... I agree with you. This pretty much cements that fact for me, too.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

and in other news, on the singing front...clay was in Washington DC tonight.

The Associated Press: Stars perform for president at Ford's Theatre gala

WASHINGTON (AP) — Broadway came to the nation's capital Sunday night during a gala for the Ford's Theatre attended by President Bush and first lady Laura Bush.

Actor Hal Holbrook, country music singer Trisha Yearwood, former American Idol runner-up Clay Aiken and other stars performed songs and spoken word pieces from the musical "The Civil War" at the National Theatre, which hosted the event because the beneficiary theater is under renovation.

"Laura and I have been coming here now for eight years to the Ford Theatre gala and this is by far the best," Bush said after the performances. "It's such an uplifting performance and a reminder of what a great president Abraham Lincoln was."

The musical, which premiered in Houston in 1998 before opening on Broadway, follows the course of the war from multiple perspectives.

The spoken word selections invoked Frederick Douglass, Sojourner Truth and Lincoln among others. Holbrook read several selections.

Yearwood performed two numbers: "If I Should Lose My Way" and "The Honor of Your Name." Aiken sang "Sarah."

Other performers included actor Avery Brooks, musician Larry Gatlin and author Maya Angelou.

Angelou was one of the evenings two recipients of Lincoln Medals.

Actress Ruby Dee also was honored with a medal. Her daughter accepted it on her behalf.

"The Lincoln Medal brings Abraham Lincoln's legacy to life by recognizing his wisdom and vision in the work of today's leaders," the first lady said when introducing the recipients. "It honors those who through their accomplishments or personal attributes illuminate the character of our most beloved president."
    it appears to be televised, possibly July 4th.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3032984;
    The one thing the boy does NOT have is looks
    That is hilarious! Cookie better not plan to have any kids. That would be truly horrific.

This is exactly why most people who hear this news take it as further confirmation that he does not expect to get married to the woman of his dreams . .
    Where did you get the idea that Jaymes is a contender? He hasn't met the woman of his dreams yet, if you ask me, and since when does having a child with someone you aren't married to preclude you from falling in love, getting married and having more kids?

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;3032958;
    Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm
    I would think Clay would want to wait to have children with the woman that he marries..the woman of his dreams...the woman he wants to spend the rest of his life with, and raise a family?
    Yes. This is exactly why most people who hear this news take it as further confirmation that he does not expect to get married to the woman of his dreams . . . or any other woman, for that matter.
    I don't think so. Unless they're just choosing to frame it according to what they already believe about Clay.
    First off, the story has not been confirmed - which is probably why there's been little or no mention of it outside of some blogs and gossip sites.

But if Jaymes Foster decided she wanted to become a single mom before her "biological clock" ran down, and Clay agreed to help her in that endeavor by being a sperm donor, why would that imply anything whatsoever about his own desire to have a family someday? Or about his sexual preferences?

Some of you seem to be assuming not only that the TMZ report is accurate (questionable, given their history and usual m. o.) but that Clay is the one who wanted to go for parenthood at this time -- right when he was finishing up an off-Broadway run and releasing a new album which he might not be able to promote via touring if he were involved in becoming a father.

At the very least, maybe we should lighten up on the analysis of implications until we know what's true and what isn't about what are now just rumors.

Oh, and Broadway, "looks" are a matter of taste and perception. I've seen Clay in person, as well as many times on TV, and I think he's a very good looking man. He can take some horrible photos (can't we all?) but he has very nice facial features and can look really good in the right clothes (such as suits that fit).

Then again, there are male Hollywood "hotties" that I don't find very attractive. Tom Cruise doesn't float my boat, nor does Leonardo di Caprio. And former AI "hottie" Constantine Maroulis wasn't my cup of tea either. To each her own.
    Last edited by Sandy in SD; 06-02-2008 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy in SD;3033276;
    they're just choosing to frame it according to what they already believe about Clay
    I'd say you're doing the same thing, Sandy.

How many young, straight, Christian men do you know who choose to start a family by artificially inseminating a much older woman? Just asking. I bet it's not a lot! And I get that you're upset, but respectfully, no one here needs to "lighten up" -- it's a message board, not a court of law. (Last I checked, anyway ) Everyone is entitled to her opinion.

Sandy,

I see what you are saying and totally agree. Also think that Clay is a good looking man.

+ Reply to Thread