+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Re: Clay Aiken

Too bad there's nothing right now AI-related that might be current or relevant.

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

The Nielsen Company Measures the American Idol Phenom

NEW YORK, May 15 /PRNewswire/ -- With only a week before the finale of FOX's American Idol, The Nielsen Company today reported data trends about American Idol and its contestants. Highlights include:

TV Ratings

People age 35-49 watched American Idol Season 7 the most, making up almost 29% of the total audience. The most watched episode this season was the premiere episode on Tuesday, 1/15/08 averaging 33 million viewers. The most watched American Idol episode ever was the final hour of Season 2 on Wednesday, 5/21/2003 -- more than 38 million viewers tuned in live to watch the face off between winner Ruben Studdard and runner-up Clay Aiken.

The most popular American Idol contestant from opinions and feedback from Hey! Nielsen's online panel is Carrie Underwood. David Archuleta is this season's most popular according to HeyNielsen.com.

Most Popular American Idol Contestants*
    1) Carrie Underwood
    2) Clay Aiken
    3) David Archuleta
    4) David Cook
    5) Kelly Clarkson

Source: HeyNielsen.com, *Based on member opinions and feedback

SOURCE The Nielsen Company
    http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories....4690&EDATE=[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3011045;
    Too bad there's nothing right now AI-related that might be current or relevant.
    Not sure if you're serious.
    But in case you missed it, former Idol finalist Clay Aiken has a very current new album out.
    It sold 115,000 units in its first 2 weeks and the title track was #30 on Mediabase's airplay chart last week.

Clay's appearance on Jay Leno (Tonight Show) can be seen on May 29, as can his appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live.

I just learned that some of the people who ordered copies of On My Way Here when Clay was on QVC had to be put on a waiting list, because QVC had only 15,000 units to sell. Some of those back orders are just now being shipped. I don't know how many more were ordered but it could boost his 3rd or 4th week sales noticeably, I guess.

Glad to know the Leno appearance will be shown again. It was a very funny interview, with Jack Black there too, and Clay did a great job on OMWH that night too. I couldn't tape it then, so it's good to have another shot. Anyway, I don't think a lot of people even know Clay has a new CD out, so this is a good way to publicize it.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Viewed clay's videos on AOL, he looks, sounds great!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellender;3014684;
    Not sure if you're serious.
    But in case you missed it, former Idol finalist Clay Aiken has a very current new album out.
    It sold 115,000 units in its first 2 weeks and the title track was #30 on Mediabase's airplay chart last week.
    How does that compare to sales numbers for his previous releases?

Aarrgh! I just typed out a detailed post about the sales of Clay's 4 albums and how they relate to overall CD sales trends for the years since 2003 and for time of year (e.g., Sept/Oct. or Nov./Dec. as compared with May/June), but when I went to post it, I was told I wasn't logged in (I had been 3 minutes earlier!) and I lost the whole post.
    Don't have time to redo it all now, but if you're interested in such comparisons, check out websites that give you complete chart #s.
    Clay hasn't had any help (publicity) from AI for this album and he's hardly had any TV appearances for promo. But OMWH is still doing pretty well compared to other albums that were released at the same time or thereabouts.

FORT Fan

[QUOTE=Ellender;3027581;]
    Clay hasn't had any help (publicity) from AI for this album and he's hardly had any TV appearances for promo.QUOTE]

Clay plugged it on the broadway segment that aired on idol results night and in his recent interview on ai.com. The site mentioned the album too in the news section.

FORT Fan

I think she meant that he didn`t sing on Idol the way many others have this year. The AI audience has not heard a single note of any of the songs on the album. They did see the cover for a split second though.

+ Reply to Thread