+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Re: Clay Aiken

I think #4 is pretty good, especially since I never see promotions for it. I just recently heard of the new album on the radio.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

The AOL Sessions Live has been taped (I know, that makes it sound oxymoronic) but will not air till later. Sometime this week, I hope.

I wish RCA had not picked On My Way Here for the first radio single release. It's too much the kind of song everyone expects from Clay, especially after This Is The Night, The Way, Without You, and A Thousand Days. There are several much more up-tempo and contemporary sounding cuts on the new album, such as Falling, Ashes, Where I Draw The Line, Weight Of The World, and Everything I Don't Need. And several are real "earworms." Clay reportedly said he wanted Ashes to be the first single but RCA overruled him. I think that song would have had a better shot at radio and at helping CD sales.

Clay did sing Ashes at the Jimmy Kimmel concert but all the TV audience got to hear was the intro. It got cut off just as he was coming to the chorus, which rocks out. So it probably sounded to the viewers like just another ballad.

Quote Originally Posted by brierpatch;3001475;
    I hate to be the one to break the news, but she's not exactly his type, if you know what I mean. Clay came out a couple of years ago so his sexual orientation is not just speculation or a rumor. His relationship with his cousin is sisterly.
    Yes, he came out and said he was straight not gay.
    Last edited by fluff; 05-19-2008 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3006986;
    Yes, he came out and said he was straight not gay.
    I saw Clay on Jimmy Kimmel. I hadn't seen him in years and he sure looked like he had gained weight! I still don't believe he's straight. Not that it even matters. JMO.
    Last edited by fluff; 05-19-2008 at 04:06 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

What Clay says is what I will stand by and not spread rumors, making insinuations.

Quote Originally Posted by MissKitty
    I saw Clay on Jimmy Kimmel. I hadn't seen him in years and he sure looked like he had gained weight
    Clay is 6'1" tall and during most of AI2 he weighed 145 lb. Pretty skinny.
    Even when he did gain 30 lb. (because of taking Paxil), 175 lb. is far from chubby at his height.
    But he's lost a lot of weight since being off the Paxil and dancing on stage in Spamalot every night. In his TV appearances over the last couple weeks, e.g., on Leno, he did not look the least bit heavy to me.
    (Now, Jack Black, that's another story!)

ETA: Those pics that Grisabella posted above were taken while Clay was in LA to do the Tonight Show and Kimmel. You think that looks like he's gained weight?
    Last edited by Ellender; 05-19-2008 at 05:50 PM.

FORT Fan

Somebody messed with the aspect ratio of those pictures. The original looks like Clay, the other looks shorter and chubbier. I think someone manipulated them to make him look distorted. Jamie is a slim little thing herself and those distorted pictures make her look heavier than she is too. I don't trust the gossip media a bit. They have earned their bad reputation fair and square.

Last edited by AllDone; 05-20-2008 at 01:54 AM.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

yes, he's gained weight. his face is definitely fuller, but he's still thin. don't forget he's not a young 23 year old anymore.

FORT Fan

His face isn't fat either. This was from Good Morning America last week. Don't forget that TV adds 10 pounds.
    Of course he's a bit fuller than he was on AI. He looked like a starving POW in the beginning.

Last edited by AllDone; 05-20-2008 at 02:20 AM.

Alldone, Methinks thou too hast tweaked the vertical/horizontal aspect in those images.
    The ones Grisabella posted look normal (his face, for example) and Jamie looks quite thin. The 1st and 3rd ones you posted are obviously distorted. (You can tell by the shoulders and faces. Clay's shoulders are very broad and his head isn't elongated like that.) ;D

But anyone who thinks he and Jamie look anything but thin in the 2nd and 4th pic maybe should seek counseling for anorexia nervosa? ;D

+ Reply to Thread