+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: Clay Aiken

Clay is on the View today. He got his hair cut a little shorter, but the style is still the same. I really miss the spikey hair from AI. Said he wants to do a talk show b/c he runs his mouth

He is performing "On My Way". God, how I miss him on AI. One of the best seasons ever. These contestants can't hold a candle to him, Kimberly Locke, Chris Daughtry, Carrie Underwood (yes I know they are different seasons)
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Clay Aiken - On My Way Here
    Genre: Adult Contemporary/Pop Rock

Rating: 4.85/5
    Review By: Tony

Who is Tony? Is a professional critic or a fan? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2978028;
    He is performing "On My Way". God, how I miss him on AI. One of the best seasons ever. These contestants can't hold a candle to him, Kimberly Locke, Chris Daughtry, Carrie Underwood (yes I know they are different seasons)
    I'm right there with you.
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

Clay will be interviewed tonight on Nightline (ABC). It airs right after the nightly news (11:35 PM in most places, but an hour earlier in Central Time zone or in places where they stay on standard time year round.)
    http://www.abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/Pl...6974&page=1

Here are some portions of a transcript from the pre-taped interview:
    Nightline Playlist: Clay AikenThe Award-Winning Singer and Broadway Star Shares the Songs That Inspire Him
    By DEBORAH APTON and CHRISTINA CARON

May 8, 2008

"
    Long before he starred in Broadway's "Spamalot," Clay Aiken was a performer. Some might say he always knew his audience.

One day during a trip to the North Carolina coastline, Aiken and his mother came across a Christian puppet show on the boardwalk. The performers were singing "Kum Ba Yah" and asked if anybody wanted to sing along.

"At five years old I threw my hands up and I was like, 'OK, I'll come sing,'" Aiken said. "And they said, 'Sing whatever you want to,' and my mom said she was paranoid, petrified, that I was going to sing "Islands in the Stream" at this little Christian puppet show and embarrass her. But I think I sang something like 'Jesus Loves Me.'"

When all the other kids were proclaiming "I'm a Little Teapot," young Aiken favored "Islands In The Stream," by Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers, after hearing it on the radio.

Today Aiken, 29, still knows how to please a crowd and remains the most successful of the male "American Idol" contestants. ... But unlike his previous albums that conform to a particular genre, Aiken considers his newest album, "On My Way Here," which arrived in stores this week, to be an eclectic mix that reflects his personal style. Aiken only wrote one song on the record, "Lover All Alone," but selected the remaining songs to represent experiences he's had in the past five years. "
    "

I think maybe they will show clips from his new album too.

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;2978311;

I believe Tony is a professional musician connected with a recording studio. As for people being "professional reviewers," frankly, some of the people who have online or newspaper columns seem to me to be little more than ordinary music fans with their own idiosyncratic tastes in music (e.g., loving rock, lukewarm about country and pop, hate popera and "slow ballads"). Some "critics" actually do seem to have expertise of some sort, but others show no sign of it. (E.g., when "critics" dismiss a whole album without giving any indication that they've actually listened to it, or when they comment on songs that weren't on the CD, or their "critique" focuses on things like the artist's appearance, I wonder how they got the gig in the first place.) In other words, some "music review" columns are hard to distinguish from garden-variety gossip columns. On the other hand, some "amateurs" (such as Liedenfrost, here at FORT) display real knowledge of music and/or of the industry, not to mention appearing to try to separate their personal tastes from more "objective" criticism.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;2978311;

I included the link so that you could answer that question by clicking on it. The site has been active for several years and is mainly geared toward rock bands and indie artists. For some reason the 2 guys that own it appreciate Clay's music along with some other surprise picks. Check it out and read some of the other reviews.

Shipwreck Island Studios.com - Album Reviews 2008

I met his mom!

I took DH on a cruise to Ensenada last weekend, and the friends we went with had a stateroom just 4 doors down from Clay's mom. He paid for her and a bunch of her friends to go on the cruise, so when we saw her in Ensenada, we asked if we could take our picture with her. Too bad he wasn't there!!! The ladies were so excited about his album that was released this past Tuesday - they kept reminding us to buy it....they even invited us to the release party in Hollywood (I think it was at Virgin Records), but we don't live near there. Bummer!

wow..her hair is red!! interesting hehe

here is a cute video of a dinner interview with Clay at benihana in NY, funniest interview Ive ever seen, and its facinating to watch Clay eat hehe

Clay Aiken at Benihana - News Bloggers
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by srs_in_Oregon;2986017;

here is a cute video of a dinner interview with Clay at benihana in NY, funniest interview Ive ever seen, and its facinating to watch Clay eat hehe

I love Mo Rocha! He and Clay had so much fun together in this piece. Watch out Claymates - Clay has you cycling.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by srs_in_Oregon;2986017;

Thanks for that! I haven't kept up with Clay's career so much; it's nice to see him having fun. He hasn't really changed much at all. I do like his hair more than I thought I would. It looks more natural that that long dark eye-obscuring mess he sported on the AI finale a few years ago. He still seems as humble and self effacing as he's always been.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

+ Reply to Thread