+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Re: Clay Aiken

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2954812;
    It may be the wave of the future or some new marketing bonanza, but hawking your album on QVC for an hour seems to be a very strange thing for me. I don't get it.
    I know, eh?

Move over Josh Groban, step aside Michael Buble. There's a new crooner in town...not! I just caught his special earlier tonight. This kid went down the drain in a hurry. He's suffering from a musical identity crisis.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump;2955293;

This kid went down the drain in a hurry.
    This kid, as you call him, has been on the road on tour through Nov and Dec, he went on a Unicef Mission, the day after his last tour stop, to Mexico for a week. Then he went to NYC to start 2 weeks of rehearsals for Spamalot. In the middle of rehearsals he flew to Florida to host his first annual Charity Golfing Tournament and Gala. Back to NYC and more rehearsals.

He started in Spamalot Jan 18th, starred in it 8 shows a week and recorded sessions during the day. He fiinishes his last performance of Spamalot on May 4th. May 6th his CD is released and a media promo blitz begins.

He hasn't had time off from working in months and hasn't been home to enjoy it. He's the most successful male from that show and 5 years later shows no signs of slowing down.

When did he go down the drain exactly? Most artists only wish they had the success he has.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2954812;
    It may be the wave of the future or some new marketing bonanza, but hawking your album on QVC for an hour seems to be a very strange thing for me. I don't get it.
    It sold out pretty fast so at 40 minutes they moved on to the next item.
    Last edited by AllDone; 04-28-2008 at 09:52 PM.

Seeing him on QVC was like nails on a chalk board. I would never knock Clay for his humanitarian/ social causes but ever since he went all creepy in the AI finale a few years ago, it's been all down hill for me (again, just my opinion). Hawking records on QVC alongside Tova and Christie Brinkley is a punchline.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

clay sold approximately 14,500 in 40 minutes, the first stock is sold out, and they are on backorder now..he will keep selling through QVC, so thatll be a good chunk on first week sales.
    Last edited by srs_in_Oregon; 04-28-2008 at 10:32 PM.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump;2955581;
    ever since he went all creepy in the AI finale a few years ago, it's been all down hill for me (again, just my opinion).
    You're entitled to your taste, of course, but I'm curious what you're referring to here (unless you mean the creepy flashlight-under-the-chin lighting AI gave him on the finale when he sang Here, There & Everywhere). I saw nothing unusual, much less "creepy," about his performances on the finale, especially Bridge Over Troubled Water. That was powerful and hott!

I thought Clay looked and sounded good on today's QVC mini-concert except that he hardly moved at all. Even back when he was on Idol and in other TV performances since then he was more animated. After doing Spamalot, with all the dancing, you'd think he'd move more when he sings, not less. This doesn't make sense to me, unless maybe he was sick.

I really liked Everything I Don't Need and the other upbeat one, which I think is titled Draw The Line. The slow ballads were good, I guess. I mean he sounded very good, but that's not my favorite kind of music.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump;2955581;
    Hawking records on QVC alongside Tova and Christie Brinkley is a punchline.
    I'm sure that Paul McCartney, Elton John, Bon Jovi, Alabama, Chaka Khan, Carly Simon, and the Goo Goo Dolls are all punchlines to you too.

Who's Tova and Christy Brinkley?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy in SD;2956519;
    I saw nothing unusual, much less "creepy," about his performances on the finale, especially Bridge Over Troubled Water. That was powerful and hott!
    Apologies for that. I should've clarified which AI finale. I enjoyed him in his season's finale. I thought he had great pop potential at that point.

Where he got creepy was 2 years ago at the finale when he came out on stage looking like he just jumped out from behind the bushes.

Again, just my opinion. He's not my cup of tea and when I see something about him that grates me I'm going to post in here like everyone else.

I think Clay should cover himself in "Diamonique" jewels during his QVC segment. You know, kill two birds with one stone! LOL

Oh, that finale, Speedbump. Where they had him make a surprise entrance, with his new Beatle-cut hairstyle. I thought he looked great with that style and thought the unannounced entrance was one of the highlights of that finale.
    I wish he'd darken his hair again or at least change the cut. He looked good on QVC but IMO it was despite being blonde and despite the odd hairstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by AllDone;2956784;
    Who's Tova and Christy Brinkley?
    They are other people who sell on QVC - Tova Borgnine, and Christy Brinkley (ex of Billy Joel, to keep it musical).
    Down where the old Gators play. . .

+ Reply to Thread