+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

Re: Clay Aiken

No self-repecting gay guy would be seen in public in a LOT of the 'outfits' Clay wears -- OR the way his hair looks half the time. A "metrosexual" he's not.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ellender;2916008;
    No self-repecting gay guy would be seen in public in a LOT of the 'outfits' Clay wears -- OR the way his hair looks half the time. A "metrosexual" he's not.
    What is Clay, anyway? I can't tell.

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

I think he's a fantastic singer. One who can look really great when he's dressed up and usually does on stage but who likes to schlub around in baggy clothes and flip-flops and bad hair when he's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellender;2916734;
    I think he's a fantastic singer. One who can look really great when he's dressed up and usually does on stage but who likes to schlub around in baggy clothes and flip-flops and bad hair when he's not.
    Sounds like me. Except for the fantasic singer part........

Quote Originally Posted by Ellender;2916734;
    yup..like any normal person thats exactly "what" he is.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

There is a very good video up now on Amazon of On My Way Here. It shows studio footage of the recording process. Pretty cool.

Re: Clay Aiken Part XIV

Thanks, Azalea.

Yahoo TV has a pictorial gallery "American Idol Success Stories up now. Here's what they say about Clay:

http://tv.yahoo.com/american-idol/show/349...ess-stories/249
    Clay Aiken is the reason why so many "American Idol" also-rans dream of the "wild card" policy being reinstated. The skinny ... kid with the unexpectedly mature voice ... eventually lost to Ruben Studdard, but given all the attention he received after "Idol" (he made the cover of "Rolling Stone" before Ruben did, for instance), he was clearly Season 2's REAL winner. Still the top-selling "Idol" runner-up of all time with 5 million albums sold, and now a hit on Broadway in "Spamalot," Clay is readying his first album of all-original material in five years, "On My Way Here." And with a title track penned by Midas-touched hit-maker Ryan Tedder of OneRepublic, Clay's new CD is sure to carry on his "wild" success.
    My only comment is I think the writer is confusing Clay with David Archuleta. The guest judges and Randy and Simon often seemed amazed that such a big, powerful voice was coming out of this "skinny, geeky-looking" kid (Clay), but nobody ever indicated they were surprised how "mature" his voice sounded. Clay was, after all, 24, not 17.
    David Archuleta looks even younger than 17, so people are surprised at the maturity of his voice. That wasn't the way people reacted to Clay.
    (Some in the media seem to want to compare David Archuleta to Clay but I think they usually reach too far for parallels.)
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I agree completely. Clay was just surprising because he was such a little nerdy looking thing, but when he opened his mouth heavenly sounds came out.

For me, David A. is just a little old man with a good voice sitting in a 12-year old's body.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2929386;
    I agree completely. Clay was just surprising because he was such a little nerdy looking thing, but when he opened his mouth heavenly sounds came out.

For me, David A. is just a little old man with a good voice sitting in a 12-year old's body.

Nice new weblog video with Clay talking about Spamalot and working on the new album:

Click to read whole article and to see the video:
    BWW TV Exclusive: Clay Aiken Webisode - Spamalot And In The Studio Recording Printer-Friendly (BroadwayWorld.com)
    BWW TV Exclusive: Clay Aiken Webisode - Spamalot And In The Studio Recording
    by BWW News Desk

Multi-platinum selling pop singer Clay Aiken will release his fourth album, On My Way Here, on RCA Records/19 Entertainment on May 6th, 2008. The collection is the 29-year-old Raleigh, NC, native’s first album of original songs since his 2003 chart-topping, double-platinum debut Measure of a Man.

On My Way Here chronicles Aiken’s experiences over the past five years, ascending from popular contestant on the second season of American Idol to pop superstar. The album’s theme came to Aiken when he and his executive producer Jaymes Foster fell in love with a song written by One Republic frontman Ryan Tedder called “On My Way Here.” The message of the lyrics — how the lessons we learn while growing up shape us into who we become as adults — struck a very deep chord with the artist. ...

Clay Aiken has sold more than 6 million albums; co-authored a best-selling book; and, played six sold-out concert tours. ...

[Spamalot] Tickets are available online now at Official site for Broadway theater tickets. No broker markups. Buy tickets for Broadway plays, musicals and all theater. or by calling 212-239-6200 or 800-432-7250.

You can hear the title track from Clay's new album, "On My Way Here" online now (Music On-Demand) at several sites, including these:

97.1 FM On-Demand Player listen to OMWH and other Clay songs on on-demand radio

Lite 102.9 Hear Clay Aiken's New Single

K103 Portland, OR

They all have videos (of sorts) of these songs:
    A Thousand Days
    Invisible
    The Way
    Without You

plus the audio of On My Way Here

+ Reply to Thread