+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 180 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1799
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Re: Clay Aiken

I am muy curiosa about the iTunes bonus song..........

I love bonus tracks, its starting to be something that most artists do, ATDW had 2 bonus tracks. Lover All Alone on Itunes, and If You Dont Know me By Now download if you bought it at kmart..so of course, I had to buy both of them
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Quote Originally Posted by azalea;2902935;
    Graycat, at first listen I cocked my head to one side and said hmm. I need to listen to this again. I did and liked it better. The third time I began to hear the layers contained in this arrangement and found that I really did like it quite a lot. If you have the time you may want to give it another go. Of course, you may decide it just isn't your cup of tea. That's what music is all about.
    I listened to it 3 times and not once could I finish the song. I'll try it again.

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

Graycat, just keep it playing and tune it out (mentally) after the second time through the chorus. That's what I do with half the music I hear on radio anyway, even the good songs. They tend to get repetitive after the first 2 1/2 minutes. I had the same reaction to the full length versions of some of the AI7 contestants' best songs. Not too many songs hold my attention all the way through.

This one's pretty much on a par with most of what I hear on radio these days. No reason it shouldn't be played on AC.

Quote Originally Posted by srs_in_Oregon;2902299;
    Clays single impacts radio on April 28th

Clay will be on QVC on April 21
    (feel free to correct my dates if theyre wrong haha)
    http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/...e.4%7C28%7C2008

CLAY AIKEN -ON MY WAY HERE/GADGETS & GIZMOS
    Monday, April 28, 2008
07:00 - 08:00 PM ET
    I read that they will be taking orders, to be shipped the next week, when the CD is released.

Clay got to make cement handprints to go on the wall at Planet Hollywood..there is video up on the Insider website, so hoping for it to be aired on the actual show. Also, video on the ET website..Clay stood for photo-ops, answered some questions and on the way out took a picture with some kids by the door..what a guy!
    Congratulations Clay! what an honor!

wish he didnt wait till I left NY for good to do it lol alas I wont get to see his handprints myself.

ellendar: I see I was wrong haha I should have checked before I posted, but I was relatively sure it was the 21st hehe. Yes, taking orders..they will count toward the first week sales. This is HUGE for him. Clays never been accepted by radio much, so this is an inovative out of the box way to get his cd sold, I thnk its brilliant. Just for an FYI, Barry Manilow was on there for an hour and sold somewhere between 50k and 70k on that hour alone..Clay will be on a half hour, so I could see him adding 20k to his first week, and thats great!
    Last edited by srs_in_Oregon; 04-09-2008 at 04:16 AM.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Actually, srs, Barry Manilow's album sold 43,000 in one hour. That was the biggest single-hour CD sale ever on QVC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellender;2905358;
    Actually, srs, Barry Manilow's album sold 43,000 in one hour. That was the biggest single-hour CD sale ever on QVC.
    haha I should just leave the facts posting to others...the point is, I think that its a good move and Clay should do well. (I wasnt to far off..I did say 50-70 didnt I?)

here is coverage of the Planet Hollywood hand molding on broadway.com They always write about Clay with such respect..love it!

Spamalot Star Clay Aiken Lends a Hand to Planet Hollywood, Photo Op: Broadway.com Buzz

Clay Aiken stopped by the Planet Hollywood in Times Square, just around the corner from the Shubert Theatre where he's playing Sir Robin in Spamalot. The American Idol runner-up and pop phenomenon joined the likes of Jack Nicholson and Whitney Houston by preserving his hands for display on the restaurant's wall of fame. The adorable Aiken surprised lunchtime diners who looked on as he plunged hands-first into the cement. And need we mention the throngs of so-called "Claymates" who follow the pop star... oh, everywhere?

God he looks horrid!

+ Reply to Thread