+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 180 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1799
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Re: Clay Aiken

He sure doesn't look like that kid from AI2 anymore.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Monika;2882133;
    Wow! Clay has a lot of fans on this site.
    I'm another one!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by azalea;2891720;
    He sure doesn't look like that kid from AI2 anymore.
    he doesn't, does he? i've been watching the "american idol rewind" and i kinda miss his spikey hair.

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

I think it's mainly the long blonde hair. I prefer his hair darker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellender;2892825;
    I think it's mainly the long blonde hair. I prefer his hair darker.
    I think he looks better with the dark auburn hair. The blonde hair doesn't quite work.

Touch my bunny, stroke my cow.

Re: Clay Aiken On My Way Here album release

I think the blonde hair is for his role in Spamalot so it matches his Sir Robin wig. I hope he darkens it in May when the show's over.

Here's a USA Today article about the upcoming release of On My Way Here

Coming attractions: Achin' for some new Aiken? It's on the way - USATODAY.com

========
    Coming attractions: Achin' for some new Aiken? It's on the way
    By Robert Bianco and Ken Barnes, USA TODAY

Aiken is well on his way to new CD
    "I would like to have signature songs," Clay Aiken says, "songs that are identifiable as mine as opposed to 'Clay Aiken sings such-and-such.' ...

"I went through a bunch of songs and found On My Way Here by (OneRepublic's) Ryan Tedder, and it hit me in the gut," he says. "It became the catalyst for the whole album to be lyrically connected most of the songs relate to lessons I've learned."

On My Way Here became both the title track and lead single for Aiken's album, due May 6 on RCA. The album, produced by Kipper, is Aiken's first collection of new material since his debut, 2003's Measure of a Man, which has sold nearly 3 million copies.

Aiken co-wrote one song on the new album, Lover All Alone. Musically, he promises the new album has "a little bit of something for everyone, from symphonic-type ballads to upbeat, edgy stuff."

===========

There is an interview with Clay about being in Spamalot, that was aired on the TV Guide Channel's "American Idol Extra" show, and I think they are going to be rerunning it one or more times over the next few days.
    You can also see a video of it at YouTube.
    The video is titled "Clay speaks with American Idol Extra," and you know, in that video he really doesn't look all that different from "the kid on AI2." A little heavier, not much (he was REALLY skinny back then), and with different hair, but pretty much the same.
    I think it's just that one promo pic that looks so different. He looks a lot better in the video.

FORT Fan

I saw a report on that AI Extra interview at

Clay Aiken — Spamalot — American Idol Extra : rickey.org — American Idol 24/7

Its good to see him mentioning other Idols on Broadway and giving them some kudos too.

I think the blonde is here to stay for awhile, he didnt need to dye it to match the wig, because the wig is red and covers all is hair..I love it and I hope it stays through his next concert at least

press release

Multi-platinum selling pop singer Clay Aiken will release his fourth album, On My Way Here, on RCA Records/19 Entertainment on May 6th, 2008. The collection is the 29-year-old Raleigh, NC, native's first album of original songs since his 2003 chart-topping, double- platinum debut Measure of a Man.

On My Way Here chronicles Aiken's experiences over the past five years, ascending from popular contestant on the second season of American Idol to pop superstar. The album's theme came to Aiken when he and his executive producer Jaymes Foster fell in love with a song written by OneRepublic frontman Ryan Tedder called "On My Way Here." The message of the lyrics -- how the lessons we learn while growing up shape us into who we become as adults -- struck a very deep chord with the artist. The title track "On My Way Here" will be the first radio single from the album to be released later this month. Additionally the single, "On My Way Here" will premiere as an "AOL First Listen" on Monday, April 7th.

"I thought if we could find songs that relate to what's gone on in my life over the past five years and address what I've learned from my experiences, it would be a great concept for my album," Aiken says. "Since I got into this business, I've learned so much about myself. I think this album covers how far I've come, personally and professionally."

The chance to record new material was an opportunity Aiken didn't want to miss. His previous two albums, 2004's Merry Christmas with Love (which went platinum within six weeks of its release) and 2006's gold-certified A Thousand Different Ways, featured 10 cover versions of well-known songs popularized by Celine Dion, Elton John, and Dolly Parton. Aiken's vocal performances on songs like "As Long as We're Here," about not waiting until it's too late to tell someone you love them, and "The Real Me," about being in the public eye, resonate with the kind of emotion that can only come from someone who's experienced this firsthand. "Although," Aiken says, "it was important to me that the songs be interpretable in all kinds of ways. People should be able to find their own meaning in the lyrics."

On My Way Here will be released just as Aiken finishes up his Broadway run playing Sir Robin in the Tony Award-winning musical Monty Python's Spamalot. Since January, Aiken has spent his days in the recording studio with On My Way Here's Grammy Award-winning British producer Kipper (Sting, Chris Botti), and his nights onstage in Spamalot. "I guess I'm a glutton for punishment," he says with a laugh.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

The first single, the title track, has been leaked ahead of time. I mean there's a full-length audio file of it available on the web, a day ahead of schedule. Supposed to be on AOL Music tomorrow too.

+ Reply to Thread