+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruben Studdard Part VII

Those chart positions are wonderful

I couldn't agree with you more regarding Fuller pillbeam.
    He really knows he has to go to some lengths to defend his position with regard to the Idols.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Pillbeam, I posted that just for you. I knew it would get your dander up and you haven't had much to rattle your nerves and get your adrenaline going lately. I agree, though, Fuller's just making excuses for his rip-off. I wish I knew if Ruben's deal calls for 19 albums, like Kelly's is said to. The part about being able to publish false info about these kids is extremely slimey to me. Fuller can basically make them or break them.
    Sing & dance the night away!

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBabe
    Pillbeam, I posted that just for you. I knew it would get your dander up and you haven't had much to rattle your nerves and get your adrenaline going lately.
    Actually, a lot of folks have been griping about the Fuller contract stuff since the second AI began. Fuller compared himself to Webber, saying that if he had produced "Phantom" he would have split the profits 50-50 with Crawford. Does this mean that if Justin and Kelly's movie had made a profit, he would have split it with them, 50-50? I don't THINK so. :rolleyes

I wish I knew if Ruben's deal calls for 19 albums, like Kelly's is said to.
    Well, here's my prediction. Ruben will continue to be a popular selling artist for a long time, but he will yank himself away from 19E long before he reaches the 19th album. The "in perpetuity" aspects of the contract Ruben signed with Fuller might not hold up in court forever.

The part about being able to publish false info about these kids is extremely slimey to me. Fuller can basically make them or break them.
    I'm guessing that the contract's part about giving the producers the right to show these kids in a negative light has more to do with the "reality" parts of the AI show....ie. publicizing Cory's antics on AI2, Simon's criticizing the contestants on everything from weight to intelligence...etc. It's a "cover-their-butt," clause, IMO, so that folks like Carmen can't sue for being told they're a terrible singer in front of millions of viewers.

Ruben's video will be premiering on MTV's TRL this coming Wednesday, January 21st - same day as Ellen and Ryan shows. Get ready to vote!

Don't forget to watch Ruben sing the National Anthem this Sunday.

gRUBEballhug!

Add Access Hollywood to next Wednesday's All Ruben All Day lineup. He and Shawn Robinson will be watching AI3 together on that show. He will be performing on Ryan's show - am thinking with the AI tie-in, he might receive his platinum plaque that day.

It's a Rubenfest

I'm preparing myself ofr alittle bit of disappointment when Rube's tour dates are released.
    Clay and Kelly aren't coming to Canada so I feel Ruben likely won't either.
    "That's Numberwang!"

"AMERICAN IDOL" WINNER RUBEN STUDDARD TO PERFORM NATIONAL ANTHEM AT NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME SUNDAY, JAN. 18 ON FOX

Ruben Studdard will sing the national anthem prior to the kick-off of the 2004 NFC Championship Game where the Philadelphia Eagles host the Carolina Panthers for the right to play in Super Bowl XXXVIII. Coverage begins at 6:00 PM ET with the Emmy Award-winning FOX NFL SUNDAY pregame show live from Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia. Kick-off is scheduled for 6:45 PM ET on FOX.

Ruben Studdard was crowned the American Idol in May 2004. Studdard's debut album "Soulful" entered the Billboard Top 200 at No. 1 with more than 400,000 units scanned during its first week of release. The album has now sold over 1 million records since its December 9 release date. Ruben was recently nominated for a Grammy for Best Male R&B Vocal Performance for his rendition of "Superstar," which is also on the "Soulful" disc along with his hit single "Flying Without Wings."

The highly anticipated third season of AMERICAN IDOL premieres with original one-hour episodes on three consecutive nights, Monday, Jan. 19 (8:009:00 PM ET/PT), Tuesday, Jan. 20 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) and Wednesday, Jan. 21 (8:009:00 PM ET/PT), on FOX.

Quote Originally Posted by Pircab
    I hope his tour brings up to Canada (crossing my fingers) preferably Montreal or Toronto.

Toronto would be perfect for me
    "That's Numberwang!"

I just realized that Craig Kilborn is on at 12:35am, so it is listed as Friday the 23rd, but you'll really be tuning in or setting your tape/Tivo for it on Thursday night. I hope that makes sense to everyone.

I hope he goes to Canada for you, too. But, because you have a Canadian idol, I'm not sure how 19E will handle that.

FORT Newbie

Why Simon, Why?

Could somebody please explain to me, why Simon Cowell allowed Ruben Studdard to cover 'Flying Without Wings'?

Why did Simon Cowell let, not only his most successful group but most successful group in the world, song into the hands of this guy?

Why did Simon Cowell allow arguably Westlife's best no.1 and one of the best songs of the 90's turn into a shambolic cringeing mess?

Can anybody explain this? I sincerely doubt that anybody can!

+ Reply to Thread