+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruben Studdard Part VII

Couple of corrections:

The lady's name in the video is Regan Gomez-Preston, not Preston-Gomez.

The NAACP Awards will be taped Saturday 3/6 and shown Thursday 3/11 on Fox, not 3/13.

Don't forget to tune in to David Letterman tonight.

Trying to get confirmation that Ruben is going to be a part of the Superbowl Gospel Celebration, which Patti LaBelle is headlining. Although, it will not be shown on TV to my knowledge, it sure would be another great opportunity for RUbear.
    Sing & dance the night away!

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBabe
    Sorry, we don't get into head to head comparisons here. The competition is way over and they are in totally different genres of music. May each have success, but this thread is strictly for Ruben's.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to upset anyone. I was just curious, especially after all the fuss over the winner of the World Idol, that's all.

May they each have their respective successes.

FORT Apache, The Bronx
    It was nice to hear him sing but I was disappointed that he wasn't interviewed.
    Especially since Dave only had one other guest tonight (Nathan Lane). All through the show Dave kept hyping Ruben being on the show and showing the CD (which I know was good), but he could have easily skipped one of the many Lane anecdotes for just a 3-5 minute interview with Ruben. I for one felt very let down after all the build up anticipation.

I really wish they'd spared a couple of minutes for a chat with Rube.

Lane is all well and good, but starts to grate on me a little after a while.
    He isn't as funny as he thinks he is imo.
    Still, a good performacne from Rube.
    Nice cheers from the audience at the mention of his name throughout the show and a good reception to his performance.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Doh! I accidentally rolled over the remote in my sleep (stupid cold medicine put me out) and taped the wrong channel. I did see Dave say Ruben had been #1 for 5 years at the beginning. It seems to be about half and half on the talk shows, as to whether you get to chat or just sing. I thought the audience reaction I did hear was very good.

Have to go out of town and may not have PC access, so have a great weekend and keep checking the BET site for Ruben on the video vote list.

http://www.bet.com/peoplepoll/1,,138,00.html
    Sing & dance the night away!

Ruben did his best version of "Sorry" yet on Letterman. He really played with the phrasing and emotional phrasing in a great way. Ruben never seems afraid to experiment with his singing, which is one of the many things I love about him.

I just came in here to post, I just finished watching last night's Letterman. Ruben did a good job with the song - it's the first time I've heard it.

I'm not a big fan of the song itself, but he sang it well, and I remember why he won.

PLATINUM SELLING STAR!! RUBEN_205's Avatar
    i love ruben's sorry 2004 video. i didnt catch it on 106 & park but i saw it on BET'S all access thing. its so awesome! way to go RUbear! also i bet ruben will be having his own tour ( or so im hoping) hopefully its true that he is going on tour cause thats what is says in one of my magazine's so im really hoping thats true! i would do anything for front row tickets! by the way does anyone know how many more albums need to be sold in order for ruben to go platinum? just curious!
    "This is wonderful, man. I've dreamed of being in this place my whole life and I'm finally here, and there is nothing better than being able to live out you dream." ~ Ruben Studdard
    MY FORT FRIEND IS ClayAiken#1Fan!!!!!
    I Love Ruben! The gospel-singing, taco bell eating victor of american idol!!!

I've heard Sorry2004 three times on the radio in Canada this weekend and that's with only casual listening while driving.
    Seems as though he's getting decent airplay up here on a very mainstream and popular station, which is very encouraging.
    Hope the airplay will lead to greater slaes.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie

I'm not sorry.

I heard Ruben's album in a record store and I must say it's a good album, easily the best of the AI bunch, though that ain't sayin' much. But his "Sorry 2004" gets tons o' airplay here. I see the album doing well. But saying that, you can still hear Rubens difficulty with singing even in "Sorry...".

+ Reply to Thread