+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: Ruben Studdard Part VII

Thanks for the Ruben updates, Oldschool.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    I saw Ruben the other night on Jimmy Kimmel Live. He sounded great and looked amazing. 100 pounds down and now a vegitarian. Wonder what woman coaxed him into that. We all know Ruben liked his meat before. lol

Anyway, I like the new single. It's a lot better than anything on his Soulful cd. I still wish he'd stay away from the fast stuff. It doesn't fit him well. This was pointed out by the reviewer at USA Today as well. He should stick with songs like the new single and Sorry. Then, he'd give Luther (God rest his soul) and Brian McKnight a run for their money.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Ruben's new CD "The Return" debuts at #8 on Billboard's 200, #2 on the R&B chart. "Change Me" moves from #5 to #2 on the Urban AC chart, from #28 to #23 on the Urban chart, and makes its debut on the Hot 100 singles at #88.
    Sing & dance the night away!

"The Return" was #35*on last week's Billboard Chart and is*#54*this week (11-18-06), having sold 111,491 copies so far. His single "Change Me" continues to rise on the airplay charts. DK if there is a video out or in the works.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella;2134336;
    "The Return" was #35*on last week's Billboard Chart and is*#54*this week (11-18-06), having sold 111,491 copies so far. His single "Change Me" continues to rise on the airplay charts. DK if there is a video out or in the works.
    I've actually seen a video for "Change Me"...look on the internet....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

"Change Me" hits #1 on the Mediabase Urban AC charts - we'll have to see tomorrow if that translates to #1 on Billboard's same chart.

Ruben will be appearing in Detroit with Aretha Franklin for her Christmas concert.

He will be on the Tyra Banks show 11/28.
    Sing & dance the night away!

Studdard Host of State Weight-Loss Plan
    Published: 12/19/06, 5:06 PM EDT

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) - The scales of "American Idol" may have tipped in Ruben Studdard's favor in 2003, but there are other scales he would like to tip a bit less.

After shedding almost 100 pounds, the Birmingham native and "American Idol" winner says he wants to help other residents of Alabama to lose weight.

He's asking the 25 percent of the state's residents who are obese to lose 10 pounds in eight weeks - a total of 10 million pounds.

Since committing to a weight-loss program this summer, Studdard has lost nearly 100 pounds, started eating healthier and begun exercising, according to a news release announcing the program.

"I'm not where I want to be, but I'm on the right track, and I'm excited about encouraging other Alabamians to begin their own weight-loss journeys," said the 28-year-old singer, whose third album, "The Return," was released in October by J Records.

Studdard told The Associated Press in a recent interview that he wanted to get in shape "because I have a family history of diabetes and high blood pressure and things of that nature."

"I felt like it was necessary for me to combat those issues at a young age before it became a bigger issue. I went to this place called Duke Diet & Fitness Center for a month and learned how to change my eating habits."

Scale Back Alabama, an eight-week weight-loss campaign, kicks off Jan. 4 with an event featuring Studdard. The campaign is being jointly sponsored by Alabama's hospitals, the Alabama Department of Public Health and Barber Diaries.

FORT Fogey
    I love Ruben! I am SOOOOO happy to see him taking care of himself. He seems like such a nice guy.

FORT Fogey

Re: Ruben Studdard Part VII

I'm not a Jordin fan. She's only sparked an interest once or twice the entire season. However, I loved her duet with Reuben. IT would be great if the two of them could do something together.

Re: Ruben Studdard Part VII

I'm all for a duet with these two!

+ Reply to Thread