+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: Ruben Studdard Part VII

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Love Ruben. Always did....Kimberly, and Clay, too. In my estimation, this was the very best season of Idol and all three of the top three were outstanding.
    I've got to agree with you. That season was awesome.

I agree with that last statement, I know everyone is saying how this is the best season ever, but I just cant agree, and it isnt just cause of the guy in my avatar...the whole season had such an amazing vibe IMO. The people got along so well, the showdown between ruben and Clay was real, but they were still friends..and the group numbers were phenomonal. I also think I liked the finale with most of the attention on the 2 guys instead of on everyone else..for some reason this one felt like the top 2 got shortchanged...I do believe that in the overall feel they havent had anything like season 2, and the top 3 of season 2 have yet to be touched

I hear your boy has a concert coming up! thats great
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

FORT Fogey
    Season 2 IMHO was the best - hands down. Ratings support the statement. I believe I read where Season 2 finale ratings have yet to be matched.

This season comes close, but season 2 will always be my favorite. They definitely had the best group medleys/duets/etc. And, the tension from that season is still seen today, as are many of the friendships those kids made with one another. This group seem to like each other (the guys, anyway), but, they have too many who are stuck in one genre to harmonize well on the medleys.
    Sing & dance the night away!

I think Season TWO was the best season too.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    I have to agree with the consensus here. Season 2 was the best. I'll also add, IMHO the three finalists for season 2 were better than the winners from every other season.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I agree Uncledavid!! and I loved to see Ruben and Clay really get along..that wasnt faked for sure. I always wonder if those boys still talk...one of my favorite moments in the AI finale from season 2 was after ruben won he gave Clay a hug and said "I love you man" wow...just wow *wipes tear then Clay came back with "I love you to"
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

This season was pretty special, but Season 2 is incomparable ... the best by far.

Funny ... as I watched this season ... I found myself thinking Elliot was sort of a combination of Clay and Ruben.

Like Clay, at first everyone thought Elliott was sort of a funny looking guy with a good voice ... and like Ruben he was always a nice, warm guy who loves his Mama.
    Last edited by echo226; 05-30-2006 at 02:12 AM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Ruben Studdard wins $2 million lawsuit against ex-manager

American Idol singer Ruben Studdard awarded $2 million in suit
    AP 6-15-06
    BIRMINGHAM, AL -- ... Ruben Studdard has been awarded $2 million in his lawsuit against his ex-manager for misappropriating the singer's money and credit cards.

Studdard ... filed suit last year against ex-manager Ronald W. Edwards and Edwards' promotions company, Sez Inc.

Jefferson County Circuit Judge Scott Vowell on Thursday awarded Studdard $500,000 for his actual losses and another $1.5 million in punitive damages, The Birmingham News reported Thursday on its Web site.

The suit claimed Edwards misused more than $246,000 of the singer's money.

According to the judge's ruling, Edwards took money from Studdard's checking and other bank accounts, improperly used his credit cards and even used Studdard's money to repay a $10,000 loan to a Tuscaloosa bank.

Studdard has sold more than 2.2 million recordings, but the damage to his credit because of the fraud made it hard to obtain financing to buy a home, Vowell's order said.
    ---

Information from: The Birmingham News
    Click to read the rest:
    http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pb.../APE/606150946
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Good for Ru - now, maybe he can concentrate more on the CD, rather than these other issues.
    Sing & dance the night away!

+ Reply to Thread